Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I've had more shit healers than shit dps so far. And I think Stevey here is one of those shit healers. Good ones don't complain on forums because they keep groups up even with shit tank etc.
    Posts like this show a very limited point of view, your perception would be broadened if you rolled a healer - maybe a priest?

I'll gladly run a dungeon with anyone or show my armory to prove achievements. I have no problem discussing the triage of healing or helping others adapt, but closed minded posts like this clearly show why the community is falling apart.

I've adapted easily, as most of us dedicated healers have, and I rarely see wipes. Infact only if something extraordinary happens like adds on the robot boss in deadmines. People dont understand their own responsibility, the majority of damage is avoidable and EASILY avoided. Considering the lack of progression for healers, the increased cast times and increased mana rates, it really isn't hard to be a team player and work as a group - or atleast look out for yourself.

Typically I replace a healer, usually the healer lagged out but sometimes I replace a "baddy" who later I realize was probably a perfectly fine healer. There are alot of bad pugs, if you honestly think 30k/sec dmg ticks are healable while the tank is getting slammed then you're a bad player. We don't have the ability to correct a thousand mistakes made at once, roll a healer if you think differently. There are certain bosses/mobs that bring unavoidable damage, most of which is easily healed and none of which are relevant to what I'm talking about. DPS need to wake up, dungeons are easy as long as people make an effort to avoid things.

A solid group is hard to come by, alot of posts have people despising joining a guild run due to the blame being placed on them. Fortunately, all the guild runs I've been in end with us clearing the dungeon. DPS are a huge burden on groups currently, try to stick with pure guild runs. The stress from pugs isn't worth it, stick with people you know or find new people

healing PuGs is insanely easy, if you think every pug is bad that's just silly. if you do think that all PuGs are bad, there's one common denominator amongst them and that is you.

I'm used to heavy raiding & nonslackers, so what i do in instances is:

Heal the tank, heal the dps who deserve it, if i notice i'm healing someone with the equal damage taken as the tank.. he's dead; then i use this macro:

/p Now look at the exact spot you died. Learn from it.

most of the time he's in fire / other aoe, or next to the tank going "duuuuuuuuh i wasn't in the fire????"

Tank > healer > dps healing rotation :-)

I play a paladin healer and i've pugged over 50 random heroics by the start of Cata, and i'm rather surprised that i've never had any real trouble in any of them. Might just be my luck, might be my class' OPness, might be my gear which i'd describe as above average, but most of all i believe its proper usage of votekick option. If a tank or DPS is holding the group back, i simply votekick after 15 mins, and it works every time.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have to keep using flash heal to keep your tank up, he's doing something wrong.

I just love people who think good healers can keep up bad groups and cc isn't needed in cata, love kicking them.

Yeah, healing is easy. It's also not really fun, infact I get bored during most dungeons. Unless a DPS gives me a reason to stress, which is often the case..

Looking forward to Rift, I think alot of us healers are just finally ready to move on to something more engaging. Blizz tried to make it more involved, using our entire spell books and such, but many of us feel healing isn't fun anymore. The challenge can be fun, but the entire act of healing just doesn't feel fun. I'm sorry if you disagree and want to give reasons as to why I'm bad, but I've been dedicated to healing for over 2 years and I know what's "fun" and "boring". Even after ilvl350 gear and raiding, the most fun I have is raiding but even then it feels...dunno..

The challenge is easy, yet people can be a pain to deal with. Adapting is easy, yet alot of us simply aren't having "fun". You can judge and assume and take from this post what you will, but realize that there are threads in the double digits with over 50+ pages on this subject. Alot of us feel the "fun" is gone, we're trying to enjoy it but something feels missing. We aren't bad, we clear groups left and right and then in hindsight...I dont know how to explain it, it's boring.

The combination of stress from the occasional bad pug mixed with the disparaging feeling of not having any actual "fun" often leads to threads like this. Thing's are complicated for healers, there is no simple solution and there are no simple answers.

Deleted
    one thing i cant stand in a bad heroic pug is when people talk foreign language while in a party, killing all hope for communication for the entire group, i come by groups of 3 dps sticking together and apparently not knowing a word in english quite often and its really the only thing that really makes me rage. i discovered you can actually achieve quite a lot talking to people politely, even when pointing out their mistakes, or telling them how deal with some aspects of the fight. i'm not afraid to ask a shadowpriest for dispells if tank is really undergeared and i find it hard to spare a global cd on one. i never call people by they class when i'm adressing them, i always say please too. if they are being rude (which actually didnt happen to me yet) after i've been insanely polite towards them, they are just making themselves look stupid and childlish, and everyone will be able to spot a trouble maker.

so my advice is be polite and proffesional. stand strong by your spell choices, prove them wrong in a civilised manner, dont be afraid to admit to a mistake and apologize if you make one and everything will be fine. Just the other day i managed to drag a tank, who dinged 2 hours ago and somehow cheated his way thru lfd, thru heroic grimbatol and it felt great. also had a group thru hc brc with all dd's doing 5 k dps and tank doing 8k, they never done it before, but i never shouted at them and they listened to every word i said regarding tactics, yeh so it took a litle longer, but it felt really good as well.

There's two types of damage. Avoidable, and Unavoidable. You tend to have issues if people get themselves hurt by the avoidable damage. -.-
    Helps eaither way if you take the time to CC, and get out of the avoidable damage. Saves the healer's mana for any sudden damage spikes, or anything that might happen, plus it's just good habit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I've had more shit healers than shit dps so far. And I think Stevey here is one of those shit healers. Good ones don't complain on forums because they keep groups up even with shit tank etc.
    OK nice, thanks for the info god.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Just left a Heroic city of the tolvir group because some warrior was trying tell me how to heal.

First he told me STOP USING BINDING HEAL PRIEST FFS L2P. Regardless of me having the poison and healing the tank at the same time.

He then goes on to sell me on the third boss to move the lightwell to where he is standing............. And told me l2p cus i said it was on CD.

They chain pull without ccing trash too and they complain i use 2xflash heal and then greater heal keep the tank up............

Suppose you can't win in pugs can you
    /LFD > /OMG NERD RAGE > /CRY > /FORUM POST > /WAIT > /WAIT > /READ REPLIES > /OMG NERD RAGE > /REPLY > /CRY

Where has this thread gotten anyone? nowhere..

I know all to well the pain you are going through, In a reg stonecore i went oom just beffor the 2nd boss stopedd at the top to drink up and said wait for mana, the group then runs down and pulls the boss locking me out from the fight and wiping the tank turns and rages at me for not healing him and not being effect with my mana "holy light uses to much mana use your lesser cost healing abilite" to which i said that is holy light you moron and i wouldn't be oom so much if our furry warrior wasn't trying to tank. make matters worse the furry warrior then says this "I HAVE MORE HP THENT EH TANK YOU NOOB I CAN TANK" needliss to say i said that i wasn't healing and kick me so they did but i mean come on furry warriors take more damage thena tank and have no mitigation compared with tanks that was a horible run i ended up in.

I have also had many a great pug but alot fo them i get let down by a baddie tank
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MinorityMe View Post
    /LFD > /OMG NERD RAGE > /CRY > /FORUM POST > /WAIT > /WAIT > /READ REPLIES > /OMG NERD RAGE > /REPLY > /CRY

Where has this thread gotten anyone? nowhere..
    Actually, I find some of the posts in this thread very enlightening and enjoyable to read. They certainly do broaden my perspective on healing in Cataclysm. I wouldn't say that is nowhere at all.

---------- Post added 2011-01-17 at 03:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by glitch View Post
    healing PuGs is insanely easy, if you think every pug is bad that's just silly. if you do think that all PuGs are bad, there's one common denominator amongst them and that is you.
    Don't be stupid. If the DPS are standing in the fire and the healer is keeping them alive, that doesn't make the healer the denominator.

You're looking too far into it. While the OP did say you can't win in pugs, it was just an expression. Don't take it literally, because we all know it to be untrue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buttheal View Post
    Yeah, healing is easy. It's also not really fun, infact I get bored during most dungeons. Unless a DPS gives me a reason to stress, which is often the case..

Looking forward to Rift, I think alot of us healers are just finally ready to move on to something more engaging. Blizz tried to make it more involved, using our entire spell books and such, but many of us feel healing isn't fun anymore. The challenge can be fun, but the entire act of healing just doesn't feel fun. I'm sorry if you disagree and want to give reasons as to why I'm bad, but I've been dedicated to healing for over 2 years and I know what's "fun" and "boring". Even after ilvl350 gear and raiding, the most fun I have is raiding but even then it feels...dunno..

The challenge is easy, yet people can be a pain to deal with. Adapting is easy, yet alot of us simply aren't having "fun". You can judge and assume and take from this post what you will, but realize that there are threads in the double digits with over 50+ pages on this subject. Alot of us feel the "fun" is gone, we're trying to enjoy it but something feels missing. We aren't bad, we clear groups left and right and then in hindsight...I dont know how to explain it, it's boring.

The combination of stress from the occasional bad pug mixed with the disparaging feeling of not having any actual "fun" often leads to threads like this. Thing's are complicated for healers, there is no simple solution and there are no simple answers.
    I know where you coming from, I felt (and sometimes still do) the same way. It did go better when I started to raid, but I feel there has been some kind of design mistake when it comes to healing heroics.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I had 3Vicious (weapon-offhand-wand) and the tank kept saying that I suck etc etc despite me not going oom and keeping everyone topped.Oh well told them that it's not their business and as long as no one died I told them to shut up.

I love healing raids. They're good and varied, and you would be hard pressed to call them easy - but at the same time they aren't trying to kill the healers and mistakes aren't placed on the healers shoulders to remedy. It's do or wipe, the healer cannot help you if you are pulling the firebreath from Atraedes into the raid cluster. There are fights where the pressure is on healers (Chimaeron in particular), but mostly, it's a mix of movement challenges, killing the right targets, and handling debuffs properly. As a holypriest healer, I can help with most of this, making my life both varied and honestly quite fun.

I enjoy healing guild heroics. When we have some controlled CC or a guild-geared tank, the runs are REALLY smooth and I can go down to a mode which is less stressful than sitting on my toes, but a bit heavier than couchsurfing. The gear and skill of your tank make all the difference in the world; I've seen some really stressful (but still manageable) trash packs in vortex pinnacle, and I've been at SFK runs where the tank took 100% of the damage and only needed a Heal every 10 seconds to keep him topped. The major upside of guild runs is that you can actually tell your meleers to stop trying to tank the adds in a dps spec- you already know these meleers and they know you.

Pugs.. . not so much. Sure, you can get lucky with the group. But in my experience, this rarely ever happens. And suddenly you have a clusterfuck situation where nine adds are hitting four targets for more damage than the tank is taking, the DPS is all over the place and combined matching a mechanical yeti in output, CC is regularly broken or nonexistant, you blow all your cooldowns and pull through with only a few deaths, from people who immediately add you to their hate-list, and just as you ress the last one, the tank is well on his way to a second doublepull without any concern for your mana. Then you scream bad words, and then you are kicked for not healing while corpserunning back.

Healing is fun. Pugs are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    From a resto druid PoV I hate pugs.. especially when you get into a guild group.. meaning the other 4 in the group were in the same guild. Always the same thing happens. We wipe on a boss, mainly because the dps aren't moving from the fire.. aren't keeping the add's off of me or interupting the bosses big hitting abilities.. Yet I always get a "wtf healer?" It annoys me that groups can be so ignorant and blame me for their idiocy. A few times I have been vote kicked with no explanation at all from these groups.. Even when we haven't wiped, I can only assume that their healer needed something from the next boss but couldn't handle the previous ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    I usualy have the same problem when healing, DPS standing in slime/fire/cleaves. Key to being a good dps ain't toping the meters, it's minimizing your dmg taken wile still doing dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Don't run pugs as a healer. Seriously. It's not worth the stress and pain you are subjected to.

Heroic guild groups and raids are great fun. Stick to those, or pug as shadow. Even if you have to spend 50 minutes in the queue, at least it's not crushing your soul having to wait.
    i sometimes do pugs and i get more nice ones then fail ones. usually ppl in pugs are all scared of being in a pug so they pay far more attention then ppl from the guild. they go so much slower, keep asking me if i need mana break (disc without spirits chants/gems - no i dont need mana breaks, blizzard dont you op us again! ), its all slow but also all controlled.

sure, you can meet a silly person, but hey their corpse runs depends on you, terrorize them a bit. dont be afraid to spam dmg taken meters (ud be surprised how dps above tank on that meter make them shut up at least for 5 trash packs )