wise priests, broken dps?

Hey guys, i have looked around the forums alot and other sites for long time now and have adjusted my rotation and my stat priority alot since then in an effort to up my dps.
    Problem is my dps still is really low (still alot higher then before thankfully) and im pretty sure i have a good (normal) rotation down.
    I healed through vanilla , BC, wotlk, and this is my first time really trying as shadow.
    I know my gear isnt amazing but i feel like i should definetly be pulling alot more dps than i am with my current gear.
    If a few of you wise old priests could take a look at my stats and spell rotation and tell me where you think i could make improvements (im sure theres alot of places since my dps is so low) i would REALLY appreciate it.

STATS with buffs (fort,innerfire,shadow protection,vamp embrace).

stam= 5214
    int = 3576
    spirit = 458
    spell power =5830
    haste = 8.46% ( im pretty sure this is not including 5% from shadowform and 3% from darkness, since my haste doesnt go down (on my stat page)when i get out of shadowform).
    hit = 6.24% ( miss chance on lvl 87 is 0.00%, miss chance on 88 is 10.76%)
    combat mana regen =1029
    crit = 15.16%
    mastery = 11.95

ok so i know my stats arnt really what they should be but i think i should be pulling more DPS than i am currently doing regardless, i keep reading Spriests posting "if u know what ur doing the gear (stats) wont hinder you that much" but they never say how. and i find it hard reading through endless numbers on theorycraft and stuff like that even though i have tried and done it alot.

i know if im raiding that my hit (or spirit since that givees hit now too) should be higher and im working on that i figure at least to get it down to 3% on an 88.

SPELL ROTATION:

i open with SWP since it gets refreshed by MF then throw VT and DP up then MB ( just started trying this after reading how dots wont get buffed from ES until after they are reapplied while ES is up). im pretty sure it doesnt make a world of difference though.

so i go: SWP->VT->DP->MB->MF +1 orb -> MB for ES -> VT -> DP -> MF (+5 EA if not already up).
    then i just keep 5 stacks of EA up and MB every +1 orb.
    i gotta throw SWD in there every bit too to keep my mana up.

i make sure that my dots have been refreshed before i pop AA, -> MB (if i got a orb) -> SWD -> MF +5 EA -> MB and SWD on CD until AA falls off. (reappply dots when needed.)

i just went and smacked away at a target dummy and with my self buffs which gave me the stats above, i am pulling 7k-7.5k (without SF, trinkets and racial) 8k-8.5k (with SF, trinkets and racial) btw my racial is trolls 20% faster casting speed for 10 sec. now my dps usually gets higher in heroics and raids cause of other classes buffs im guessing, i can usually hope to hit 10k in raids but thats on a good attempt, i feel that should be the minimum dps not the max even for someone with my stats.

DPS FROM EACH SPELL: (remember this was taken on a 85 target dummy, about 2 min of combat specifiaclly for this post.)

MF = 27.5%
    VT= 27.3%
    SWP=15.6%
    DP=13.8%
    MB=8.3%
    imp DP=4.4%
    SWD= 3.1%

I am asking for help because i am on a horrible server and i keep finding Spriests in worse shape than i am and am hesitant to give them advice cause of my shitty dps.
    if you could help me out you would be helping alot of people and i would GREATLY appreciate it.

1.) i know i need to adjust my stats and up them alot too, what should i be heading towards right now? and when should i stop and start going for the next stat as a priority?
    2.) is my spell rotation ok? i feel like i should be pulling more dps if my rotation was perfectly sound. any suggestion?
    3.) i know im going to forget something so anything that you could offer me would be much appreciated, see something wrong with something i have said above? let me know!

p.s. dont make fun of me for being a fail Spriest, this game is how i derive my self esteem haha =P

Well first of all, as you said, your stat allocation isn't grand. Haste values significantly higher than crit so swap those out first.
    Why? Haste scales on everything you do. Your dots tick faster, your casts take less time to cast and your GCD gets lowered. And seeing as Spriests don't have a hastecap so to speak there can't be too much of it. But I guess that's all common sense.
    When you say you recast your dots in order for them to get affected by Empowered Shadows I hope you don't cut the remaining time by lets say 6 secs. You should always let your dots run out before recasting them. Ok not entirely true since if you cast your new dot between the last and the second last tick, that remaining time will be transported to your next dot running on the target but you should never refresh a dot with more than 2 ticks remaining on the actual runtime. Also in your opener. Don't cast MB unless you have a Shadow Orb up. Thereis no point to cast MB unless you do for two reasons. One being that an Orb can proc just after you cast it which means you have to wait for MB to come off cooldown in order to benefit from ES, resulting in more dps loss. That's also the reason why SWP is cast first. It gives you that chance to be able to cast MB right of the bat. The other reason being that MF hits for more than that based on its DPET. MF gives you that extra chance to proc an Orb

My opener is this btw SWP > DP > SF > VT > MF > MB+1-3 > MF > DA
    Then I change accordingly. Why do I cast DP and SF before VT? Because it lets me get into position before I start my full cycle.

Obviously everyone has a different apporach to this but this has been doing the job for me so far.

The more spellpower u get, more dps, around 6200 spellpower i do 9600-10000 on dummy, priest with 7000 spellpower do 12-13k with epics gear alot.

Overal your dps isnt too bad for your bad stats. It does seems u have very bad gear.... How can your haste be so low. U should always take gear with haste, haste-crit gear or spirit-haste gear to reach hit cap.

Its strange to see your hitcap so low, i thought u would be wearing spirit-crit gear, but your hit is low. Are u wearing alot of mastery crit?

U want to have about 17% haste, 12-13% crit and 9-10% mastery. U should exchange some of your crit gear for haste-spirit gear. So u also increase your hit at the same time.. Any kind of gear with haste and crit is good. But u need gear with hit or spirit to get your hit high enough..

Either way, get a good weapon 1770 spellpower type, get some good dps trinkets which add about 700 dps each and you'll be nearing 10k on dummy soon, get some better stats on gear and...

And offcourse get classtimer addon, so u can really time your casts when they run out, u can add empowered shadow manually to it, so u can see when to recast..