Thread: Survival Pet

Deleted

Survival Pet

Need some advice, i need help picking a decent PvE pet for Survival, im 84 atm, more than likely 85 tomoro, currently using a monkey, which is mainly my PvP pet because of the stun.

So i need a good survival PvE pet, any suggestions or should i just stick with my monkey?

Cheers guys!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like my dog imo

Wolf or Cat i'd say. I currently use a Tiger i got from the lost city. Looks coooooooool But I have one of the ghost wolves in reserve

Deleted
    If you're purely looking at highest damage output per buff, you should probably go for a cat.

By yourself, a cat pet will always yield the highest DPS as it provides a large agility buff. In a raid... any ferocity or cunning pet is fine.

wolf for the 5% crit
    cat for the agg buff

agg buff = best but depending on the group you might not have the 5% crit from lets say a druid or fury warrior or the agg from shouts or DK's
    so in a group it's always cat or wolf
    if solo it's a cat but then again if your solo take a bear way more threat on ya pet + demo roar makes mobs do 10% less dmg

still check this site out!
    http://www.wow-petopia.com/

it always depends on your group.
    As a hunter you can bring 5% crit (wolf) agi/str (cat), 8% Spell-damage (Wind-Serpent/Dragonhawk), 4% Phys. Dmg (ravager), 12% armor-debuff (raptor)

So, Get yourself 5 pets for buffs, they all deal the same damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

personally, i roll with a wind serpent, but i've got a warrior buddy.

I would say go and take a look at Malazee's flowchart and grab one from each of the groups so you can match group comp.

I can't post links or images yet soo, but you can find it fairly simply by searching malazee's logical pet usage flowchart.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If all buffs are present, a cunning pet might prove slightly more DPS than a ferocity pet.

Deleted
    What about Wind Serpent/Dragonhawk. Surely 8% damage on all atacks besides auto shot would yield a very high dps increase aswell, right?

So many of these threads are made. I'm not sure why.

All ferocity pets do the same amount of damage. Bring what your group / raid needs in terms of buffs or debuffs. There is no longer a "highest dps pet". For instance, using a cat in a group with a blood dk will be a massive dps loss compared to using a raptor in a group that lacks a feral druid or warrior.

Simple as that.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

for 5 mans either go with cat wolf or windserpent for the 8 percent inc in magical damage which most of your shots are if you are speccing surv
    regarding raids its all about which buff is missing cause no pet buff stacks with a similar buff that another class can do

Deleted
    Either a cat for Roar of Courage, the agility boost is awesome plus its very handy for dungeons and raids if your group doesnt have a DK, or a wolf for thye 5% increased crit bonus. They both do good dps as a ferocity pet anyway so the bonus abilities are just make them more faverable

Cats are probably the worst choice for 5 mans. I'm pretty sure you'll almost always have one of the following:

DK tank
    DK dps
    Warrior tank
    Warrior dps
    Enhance shammy

The odds of not having one of these classes / specs in your group giving the agi buff are pretty low. Same goes for windserpents considering their buff is covered by 4 other classes.

Again, there isn't a suggested "best dps pet". Simply read the flowchart and bring what your group or raid needs.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Flowchart3.jpg

The good old flowchart for the hunter that needs help with choosing a pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking Dragonhawk for survival. You mostly do magical damage, right?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastrcapn View Post
    I'm thinking Dragonhawk for survival. You mostly do magical damage, right?
    It depends.
    Armor debuffing can be good aswell.
    Personally I use the above mentioned flowchart for choosing my pet. For just you and your pet doing quests, pick whatever you want.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow-petopia.com/images/skin_pix/lionskinwhite.jpg <-- I cant post links yet
    I am currently using this one! Best dps + it looks kinda rare ...it acctualy is! Its quest spawn from Winterspring. And i am using wolf from borean for my crit buff!