Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DPS and Rage generation as fury warrior

i hate how cata took out bloodrage. you know, the ability that u look health for rage. i play a fury dps and my dps sucks because i never generate enough rage. i am always last on DBM and i got booted from a heroic . they told me to practice more. So how are us warriors suppose to generate more rage when our main ability that used to get us raged is gone? are we suppose to follow a certain rotation wth? also my dps problem, i use 2 2handers (obviously) and when im fighting enemies i either miss or it take to long for me to auto attack. So my fellow warriors, help a brutha out?
    Last edited by splifone; 2011-01-16 at 03:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    first off whats ur hit at

2 ur battle shout gives u rage........

Play arms until you get better gear. You'll find as arms you often have too much rage.

Also, Battle/Commanding Shout generate as much rage as (and as fury, have cooldowns shorter than) Bloodrage used to. Use those more..?

i know the shouts give rage, but my groups arent gonna wait every 2minutes after each trash kill just for me to get rage

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 09:58 PM ----------

heres my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...javster/simple

Quote Originally Posted by splifone View Post
    i know the shouts give rage, but my groups arent gonna wait every 2minutes after each trash kill just for me to get rage
    Your shouts have a 1 min CD (30 sec talented!)... use it as soon as you can (if you're starved only).

You also probably need more hit. From what I read, hit is the best stat for a fury warrior until you reach the hard cap (27%).
    "The Internet, where the men are men, the women are also men, and the children are FBI agents."

10+ Year Old Account
    if ur fury ur shouts a 30 second cd..... if u spec 4 it...

Yeah, you def need more hit...
    "The Internet, where the men are men, the women are also men, and the children are FBI agents."

I have the same problem as fury warrior.. my dps is really sucky... even my lvl 80 mage did more dps then my 84 fury warrior.. wtf??
    Seems very hard to get dps up without blowing everything you got on cd abilities.. but then you have to wait for ages to be able to do that again.. sigh.. warrior is not as fun as it used to be.. guess Im going to stick to my mage..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by splifone View Post
    Hyperbole is so overdone. If it is this much of an issue for you, I think I see an arcane mage in your future. Also: 30 seconds. Not 2 minutes. Or, you know. Run in and hit something.

i'm having no problems generating rage and actually top my groups/raids

make sure battle shout is talented and use it as often as possible...

criticize my armory and stats and what not tell me what i need to do to my gear/stats now!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...javster/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    holy shit no wonder 3% hit O_O

ur lucky to hit a damn lvl 1 rat with that

also on ur engineering helm

get the hit/expertise gem 4 it

as 4 gems str/hit or pure hit

ur gonna need a min of 18% hit to do any thing right now

You are either a troll or have not bothered to read anything here or elsewhere before making this post.

I am going to think the latter for now.

You need a minimum of 8% hit you currently have 6.7

You need 21-26 expertise - you have 8 on mh.

You can reforge unwanted stats like mastery/haste and even crit to hit and expertise to achieve this.

You have a 208 mastery and 208 crit cogwheels change those for hit and expertise.

You can put weapon chains on your weapons.

Your yellow gems can be changed to the crit / hit green one.

There are hit enchants (precision) to gloves boots and wrists.

So basically do some research, gem and reforge and enchant correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    You are either a troll or have not bothered to read anything here or elsewhere before making this post.

I am going to think the latter for now.

You need a minimum of 8% hit you currently have 6.7

You need 21-26 expertise - you have 8 on mh.

You can reforge unwanted stats like mastery/haste and even crit to hit and expertise to achieve this.

You have a 208 mastery and 208 crit cogwheels change those for hit and expertise.

Your yellow gems can be changed to the crit / hit green one.

There are hit enchants (precision) to gloves boots and wrists.

So basically do some research, gem and reforge and enchant correctly.
    to be honest i never dps'ed before, i was always a tank since BC all through wrath, cata is the first time ever dpsing. even when i was leveling to 70 i was always told to tank so it really is my first time dpsing

Atleast get 8% hit. Right now I have 13% hit and 22% crit. doing around 20k on argaloth

i fixed my gear armory should be updated

First, your spec and glyphs are wrong. 3/3 incite is not what you want, 3/3 Deep wounds is.

Your glyphs are arms glyphs and not even filled out. Change them. RB/Slam/BT Primes, Death wish/Cleaving/Heroic throw Majors, Battle/whatever else for minors.

Next, reforge your bracers, gloves, belt, pants and boots. Get rid of that gross 40 mastery gem in boots. You can stop reforging expertise now, you really dont need it for heroics.

Get the JP chest and neck till you get more hit, then keep the chest but get the ramkhahen neck. Pick up a foereaper from deadmines and the axe from shadowfang. Reforge all your haste into hit and get rid of the pure hit gems. Get rid of the trinket and get the trink from stonecore till you can get LtS.

Check out the fury warrior sticky guide for gems and rotation help. Always stand behind the mobs and dont use heroic strike before 70 rage if you're having rage problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aHOK View Post
    First, your spec and glyphs are wrong. 3/3 incite is not what you want, 3/3 Deep wounds is.

Your glyphs are arms glyphs and not even filled out. Change them. RB/Slam/BT Primes, Death wish/Cleaving/Heroic throw Majors, Battle/whatever else for minors.

Next, reforge your bracers, gloves, belt, pants and boots. Get rid of that gross 40 mastery gem in boots. You can stop reforging expertise now, you really dont need it for heroics.

Get the JP chest and neck till you get more hit, then keep the chest but get the ramkhahen neck. Pick up a foereaper from deadmines and the axe from shadowfang. Reforge all your haste into hit and get rid of the pure hit gems. Get rid of the trinket and get the trink from stonecore till you can get LtS.

Check out the fury warrior sticky guide for gems and rotation help. Always stand behind the mobs and dont use heroic strike before 70 rage if you're having rage problems.
    There's alot of debate on the subject of Incite or Deep wounds, so far I would say Incite is winning but there's plently that dissagree with that notion. If you want to act all final about it, post proof and I'll shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    There's alot of debate on the subject of Incite or Deep wounds, so far I would say Incite is winning but there's plently that dissagree with that notion. If you want to act all final about it, post proof and I'll shut up.
    There's a spreadsheet at EJ that shows the value of incite depending on your crit, and I think starting at 30% crit, 3/3 Incite loses its worth.

I can look for the spreadsheet, but I'm in a dungeon right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    There's a spreadsheet at EJ that shows the value of incite depending on your crit, and I think starting at 30% crit, 3/3 Incite loses its worth.

I can look for the spreadsheet, but I'm in a dungeon right now.
    30% is still a good 5-10% above where most warriors are at, but it sounds about right.