Hunter Questions

i have sevral questions
    1.do u think i should change spec after this patch from survival to somthing els?
    2.what is a good hunter pet for pve im using a fox , but some one told me its a pvp pet

To answer your first question, it's not 100% clear what the highest dps spec post-patch will be. I've been on the PTR (a lot of the changes have not even been implemented even the latest version) and I saw pretty similar numbers between MM and SV, reforging a number of different ways and playing between the two specs. According to Kripparrian MM is ahead, and will pull even more ahead with more gear, so there's certainly a good chance MM is will be worth going after the patch hits, that's assuming they don't add even more hunter changes to the numerous ones they are continuing to make.

To answer your second question, a fox isn't a "PvP" pet, all ferocity pets put out the same DPS, give you the same 5 min CD AP buff (call of the wild) and provide various buffs/debuffs for you or the target. A fox's special ability slows melee and ranged attack speed by 20%, which isn't terribly useful if you're say, in a 5 man with no cat to provide a 549 agility buff, but in terms of output its no different than any other ferocity pet, just the buff/debuff it provides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with Above, preferably use a pet that's giving a buff that will benefit your raid, or one that they are missing.

As for spec's Survival will still be fairly good, but as more gear is released and it gets better MM will pull out above (just like in Wrath), but at this point in time, nothing is 100% confirmed, best bet is to wait and see what people do.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

with regards pets, alot of people seem to say cats for the agility buff, but this buff is the same as what a warriors battle shout or DK's horn of winter bring to be aware of that. the wolf brings 5% crit for all classes which is why i use it. I am not sure if it stacks with leader or rampage but i would suspect not

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    with regards pets, alot of people seem to say cats for the agility buff, but this buff is the same as what a warriors battle shout or DK's horn of winter bring to be aware of that. the wolf brings 5% crit for all classes which is why i use it. I am not sure if it stacks with leader or rampage but i would suspect not
    Pet buffs/debuffs do not stack with their equivalent class twins, because they are supposed to be their replacement if your party/raid is missing them. Following this is a rough list for the buffs. The pet buffs listed on it will be overwritten by the thir player equivalent listed in the same category. Haste category works a little different, it is not overwritten, but the debuff they place on players(sated,exhausted,temporal displacement, etc, do not remember the name of the core hound one), will negate the other similar buffs in the category for its dutation.

5 % Str, Agi, Sta, Int
    Hunter: Embrace of the Shale Spider(Shale Spider, Exotic)
    Others: Mark of the Wild(Druid), Blessing of Kings (Paladin)

Stamina
    Hunter: Qiraji Fortitude(Silithid,Exotic)
    Others: Power Word: Fortitude(Priest) ,Blood Pact (Warlock, Imp) , Commanding Shout(Warrior)

Str + Agi
    Hunter: Roar of Courage (Cat) or (Spirit Beast,exotic)
    Others:Horn of Winter( Death Knight ) , Strength of Earth Totem(Shaman ), Battle Shout(Warrior)

40% Haste
    Hunter: Ancient Hysteria(Core Hound,exotic)
    Others: Time Warp(Mage ), Bloodlust/Heroism(Shaman)

5% Critical Strike
    Hunter: Terrifying Roar(Devilsaur,exotic) or Furious Howl (Wolf)
    Others: Leader of the Pack(Feral Druid) , Honor Among Thieves (Subtlety Rogue) , Elemental Oath (Elemental Shaman) , Rampage (Fury Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    1) No, SV will stay the top dps spec (change glyph of Serp for AS)

2) Use this http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4...araidbuffs.jpg for reference, then go play pokemon and catch em all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    2) Use this http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4...araidbuffs.jpg for reference, then go play pokemon and catch em all
    Charizard or GTFO.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    Charizard or GTFO.
    Sadly, I do name my pets after pokemon

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't either, but he was the best by far =D