Your thought on Eyes of the Beast

Title says it all. Are you glad Eyes of the Beast was removed? Do you wish it was still here?

Why did Blizzard remove the spell anyways? I personally want Blizz to put it back in...Eyes of the Beast was one of the few reasons why I decided to roll a hunter.

I wish it was brought back. It's infuriating now when my pet gets stuck in scenery and I have to dismiss and resummon, not to mention being unable to sneak around with a stealthed cat and such.

I don't really like any of the removals. Aspect of the Beast was and would be useful in pvp, too. (becoming untrackable, or just LoSing someone with my pet on them)

10+ Year Old Account
    Useless Ability 99% of the time.

I liked it for scoping out stuff, but I still have Eagle Eye for that.
    There was rumors if Hunter's didn't start using traps they would remove them too, so it'll be a majority based decision.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it, I don't know why they got rid of it. I only had a few uses for it but that new ability to fell your pet where to go somewhat makes up for it. My main use it it was in raids before bosses I would use it and make my pet jump around.

Who knows, maybe they'll bring it back in a later expansion.

Deleted
    Change for the better imo. Now you can micro your pet without losing control of your own character... While with eye's of the beast you lost control of your hunter and was able to use your pets attacks, which were on autocast most of the time anyway. Doesn't make sense to me so I'm glad they removed it.

Their reason for removing this was that it was "useless" seeing as it was only used for placing pets (now we got click to move for pets) thus they took it away..

personally I loved this ability for, well running around with my pet, I recall back in wrath with cooldown stacking and glyphs I was able to do some high crits with my pet aswell xD

It was a very fun ability imo, though it was useless in serious situations it was fun when you were idle.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Vuilnisman View Post
    Change for the better imo. Now you can micro your pet without losing control of your own character... While with eye's of the beast you lost control of your hunter and was able to use your pets attacks, which were on autocast most of the time anyway. Doesn't make sense to me so I'm glad they removed it.
    But move pet doesn't work if your pet is stuck in level archetecture. Now you have to dismiss/resummon when that happens, when before you could just hit eyes and jump off it.

Move pet doesn't work at all once combat starts. Hence, it's pretty useless. EotB had potential to be absolutely amazing. For example:

-make it a high tier BM talent that would transfer 60 / 80 / 100% of the hunters AP to the beast for x / x / x number of seconds. The hunter takes 300% damage if attacked while using EotB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    -make it a high tier BM talent that would transfer 60 / 80 / 100% of the hunters AP to the beast for x / x / x number of seconds. The hunter takes 300% damage if attacked while using EotB
    And you would honestly use that in a raid? Any unforseen aoe that can randomly spawn beneath people would oneshot you...

Quote Originally Posted by Vuilnisman View Post
    And you would honestly use that in a raid? Any unforseen aoe that can randomly spawn beneath people would oneshot you...
    There's nothing else in this game to do other than raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    Useless Ability 99% of the time.

I liked it for scoping out stuff, but I still have Eagle Eye for that.
    There was rumors if Hunter's didn't start using traps they would remove them too, so it'll be a majority based decision.
    Eye of Kilrogg is still there.

Also, what about Aspect of the Beast? I want that back, it worked wonders in WSG and other BGs :/
    Last edited by Luthlet; 2011-01-16 at 05:50 PM.

it was a "fun" ability they likley removed to make room for more useful ones...there were probably alot of serious raiders that QQed about it having little to no raid use

I loved the ability, it was always nice to have a cat scout ahead for me, or simply run in circles as it during downtime. But the ability helped show how lazy Blizzard was with Animations, seeing how most of the pets didn't have a jump ability, so I guess they hid their shame.

its funny the main reason i used to use it was getting around bad pathing , so they give us a button that uses pathing and think we dont now need it... what?!

and it was great for pulling back in the day , or keeping a scouting eye out , sat on the roof in wsg running around the tunnel with the cat looking for inc etc

good spell shouldnt of been removed just because it was that frequent use

I especially liked using it with my cat while it was stealthed so I could scout ahead.

I wish they'd bring it back, not like it was OP or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just liked it to play around with, shame they removed a fun ability. :/
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.