Thread: Why Azshara?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just because a zone was occupied by any individual race at one point in time, does not mean it will always be occupied by that race or even their associated factions.

To begin with Horde had fewer zones to level in for that bracket and one of the reasons the zone was changed was to compensate for this. Zone balance aside, Azshara just makes more sense as a Horde zone from a lore perspective, because it's directly adjacent to the largest Horde capital. Having a significant enemy presence there to the point of notable bases and "questing hubs" makes no sense.

ally leveling zone touching the largest horde city? that would be lulzy

Quote Originally Posted by Beantu View Post
    So, why did Blizzard decide to give Azshara to those green pests? All they did was ruin the zone and make an huge ugly goblin face onto a mountain. Why couldn't they start from Thousand Needles or some other place close to another Goblin settlement?
    In my opinion, Azshara could've been an lvl 30 night elf zone. Seriously, the zone had great potential with quests, it's huge, and filled with lore and Blizzard decides to screw it and put Goblins in there to destroy everything?
    (Also being the reason I kill any goblin I come across =P )
    umm destroying azshara was the whole point, i mean did you ever EVER level in azshara before the shattering, it needed a massive overhaul and the bilgewater cartel were the ones to do it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by g1ner View Post
    Azshara is epic now
    Sure, it might be fun (havent tried, hate the goblin emotes and voices, might be cause of booty bay guards.)
    but still, it doesn't lessen the fact that the goblins just came there out of the blue and decided to pretty much fuck the zone up.

it doesn't lessen the fact that the goblins just came there out of the blue and decided to pretty much fuck the zone up.
    Now you know what Goblins do. Congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense but anyone saying Azshara right now is an ugly zone needs to get their eyes checked. It's probably one of the best looking zones with the best quests in game.

Sure, it might be fun (havent tried, hate the goblin emotes and voices, might be cause of booty bay guards.)
    but still, it doesn't lessen the fact that the goblins just came there out of the blue and decided to pretty much fuck the zone up.
    Actually Thrall promised Gallywix that he'd have control over Azshara

Deleted
    The quality of what they did is your opinion. It happens to be one I agree with, but the story goes they were given that land, which makes sense as the Horde had little use for it to begin with and the Alliance even less so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    Actually the Highborne are what are nowadays called Highelves, and part of the Higborne turned into naga. So it's not actually night elf ruins, while at the same time it is. Besides, it doesn't really matter that there are ruins of nightelves there. I mean if you simply wanted to give everything that has ruins in it to its respective race, we'd have troll zones everywhere.

Besides, we all know that Nightelfs once were Trolls, so it would make even more sense for Azshara to be a troll area.
    They come from the same biological soup yes. They were the same BEFORE they went seperate ways and became Night Elves and Trolls. That doesn't mean the NE were trolls in past life.

Deleted
    Because goblins are awesome, and elves not.

Its at the backdoor of Org and Garrosh would have pushed into there anyway, thats why it isn't a NE hub.

I ain't saying they should turn it now. I was just wondering that why didn't they make it an night elf zone for cataclysm.
    seems pretty stupid for garrosh to be charging around getting new zones when he hasn't even got his back door secure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Rogue View Post
    Because goblins are awesome, and elves not.
    Rename, random troll?
    Things aside. Yes, Azshara is next to Orgrimmar, so that in mind it ''should'' be an horde zone. But why did they have to destroy it completely?
    Or make it an Neutral zone for the goblins to be in but for the nightelves to put up some resistance and also allowing new nelf players to study their lore.

Deleted
    I have to agree with the OP. The area appearance and ancient lore fitted much better for a levelling Night Elves zones. As it is, it just looks like an ugly mess which was made out of necessity to give the goblins a levelling area. It's a shame, other areas would have fitted a goblin theme much better...

Deleted
    Trolls are the best race of the horde. Goblins are just midget versions of them. No way a goblin is awesome. And they're uglier to then trolls.

Rofl trolls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesime View Post
    Trolls are the best race of the horde. Goblins are just midget versions of them. No way a goblin is awesome. And they're uglier to then trolls.
    Agreed. Trolls and taurens are my fave horde races.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaru View Post
    i am maybe a horde. But i HATE Goblins!

their living style is to just throw all their waste out in the sea or waterl.
    Well that's the way goblins do things. Anything they can do to make a profit. They don't care for the environment. I personally love the goblins, their culture and views are so obvious, yet completely misguided and funny. Awesome.

Anyway, to the original poster. You spoke of how the nelfs should have it because they have a lot of history there. That's not really a solid argument in game or outside. Plenty of races have history is places, but at the end of the day that doesnt matter if they can't defend it. The winners of the land wont say "oh sorry, you have a lot of history here, we didn't know" and leave..

From a in game point of view as well, the ganking that would occur in Azshara if it was an alli zone would be laughable and no-one would quest there...sounds a bit like azshara pre-cata >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Well that's the way goblins do things. Anything they can do to make a profit. They don't care for the environment. I personally love the goblins, their culture and views are so obvious, yet completely misguided and funny. Awesome.

Anyway, to the original poster. You spoke of how the nelfs should have it because they have a lot of history there. That's not really a solid argument in game or outside. Plenty of races have history is places, but at the end of the day that doesnt matter if they can't defend it. The winners of the land wont say "oh sorry, you have a lot of history here, we didn't know" and leave..

From a in game point of view as well, the ganking that would occur in Azshara if it was an alli zone would be laughable and no-one would quest there...sounds a bit like azshara pre-cata >_>
    I'll just drop it that they should actually have the zone, but some quests at least. The amount of potential for lore filled quests is amazing.
    The only questchain I actually enjoyed when I went there on my tauren paladin was the chain with archmage and finding my old buddy Azuregos.

Rename, random troll?
    Things aside. Yes, Azshara is next to Orgrimmar, so that in mind it ''should'' be an horde zone. But why did they have to destroy it completely?
    Or make it an Neutral zone for the goblins to be in but for the nightelves to put up some resistance and also allowing new nelf players to study their lore.
    There is Night Elf activity throughout the zone. Early quests involve stopping the sabotage to the mining quarry by Night Elf scouts, as well as raiders attacking the Orgrimmar back gate. There is also a small camp to the north filled with Night Elves and a quest chain involving them. Though, as you might guess, none of their activities end up very well at all due to immediate action from Orgrimmar/Goblins/The Horde.

Many of the quests involve the Blood Elves examining the ancient ruins also involve Night Elf lore, one to the point of inducing a vision in a phased version of the zone to witness an event from the War of the Ancients.