Deleted

All Points Bulletin; Reloaded

For the people unfamiliar with the original All Points Bulletin (APB): APB is a game that has run from 6 june to 16 september as a P2P game. The first thing you would see APB as when you play is, is GTA-Online. However, it's a lot more than that. If you want a real good view of the game, I suggest looking on Youtube for it. However, as I said, it ran till 16 september. Due the lack of advertising, high system spec requirements and more, the game died. Buuut... There's good news. GamersFirst will be releasing APB:Reloaded within some months as a F2P game with premium options. I've played the whole original APB and loved it, and was wondering if there are more old-skool players that are planning to return, or new players that are interested :-). At least my whole clan is returning!

The main reason it died was because it was bad lol. I was in the beta for longer than the game was even on live. The customization was really good, but I felt like I was actually spending more time on the free market than the actual action zone. The gameplay was really unbalanced. It was not fair being put against high level players with Overpowered guns as a noobie. They shouldn't group you with players that much high level. You have no chance whatsoever to beat them.

I hope they actually fix some things instead up just making it free*.

*with micro-transactions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    The main reason it died was because it was bad lol. I was in the beta for longer than the game was even on live. The customization was really good, but I felt like I was actually spending more time on the free market than the actual action zone. The gameplay was really unbalanced. It was not fair being put against high level players with Overpowered guns as a noobie. They shouldn't group you with players that much high level. You have no chance whatsoever to beat them.

I hope they actually fix some things instead up just making it free*.

*with micro-transactions.
    The game was released too early yes, but if you played till the end you would've seen the balance and matchmaking was VERY good after the latest patches. Ofcourse, not perfect, but name 1 game that has that on perfect. And yes, a big part of the game is customization.. all depends on what you like.

Also, if you read the blog you see they've changed/added/removed many things, they're not 'just making it free'

Quote Originally Posted by Valdun View Post
    The game was released too early yes, but if you played till the end you would've seen the balance and matchmaking was VERY good after the latest patches. Ofcourse, not perfect, but name 1 game that has that on perfect. And yes, a big part of the game is customization.. all depends on what you like.

Also, if you read the blog you see they've changed/added/removed many things, they're not 'just making it free'
    Thats why it failed. You can't expect someone to just stick it through max level. Most potential new players quit early because they were at a huge disadvantage from the beginning.

I hope they get it right this time, and don't make the micro-transactions stat based, because I was really looking forward to the game at first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Thats why it failed. You can't expect someone to just stick it through max level. Most potential new players quit early because they were at a huge disadvantage from the beginning.

I hope they get it right this time, and don't make the micro-transactions stat based, because I was really looking forward to the game at first.
    As far as I've read from blogs and developer interviews, the 'main income' of their money will be from Premium Accounts, and they gave a few examples of what prem accs would give. They had a little less market fee, more customization layers and symbols, special designs etc. No doubt there will also be certain paid features that bring Premium Users above normal ones, but that's very logical.. They need money after all.

And yea, many people quitted from the start, which was caused by the early release before balance was created. Luckily most of that is fixed now. (Already was, but too late)