Stupid hackers are stupid!

So my account got compromised today. My subscription ran out and the hacker put a 60day game card on my account lol, and the funny thing is he didnt even do anything to my main character. SWo now i have 60 free days of wow and only have to worry bout getting my alts gear and gold back.

Usually if you get hacked and added gametime on, blizzard take the sub off. But it suprises me that a hacker used a gamecard, this suggests u got hacked by an individual rather than some goldfarmers and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomb View Post
    Usually if you get hacked and added gametime on, blizzard take the sub off. But it suprises me that a hacker used a gamecard, this suggests u got hacked by an individual rather than some goldfarmers and such.
    Indeed, usually they just add time using "Recruit a friend"

Well Blizzard is on the ball today already got my Items back

i've seen cases where people restore their accounts and find thousands of herbs/ore in their bank after being hacked, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    congrats on your free game time. lol
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Yea with most ppl having authenticators i think there recovery team can work alot faster on these matters now and days

My brother's account was hacked soon after he left the game for a while as well. When we tried to reactivate his account, we had to go through the whole account recovery process. For some reason they deleted all of his alts, but kept his main and all of the gold/gear on the main. All new "alts" had random names ("ddfffssfafff" for example) and we discovered that it was being used to spam gold adverts, and nothing else. It was also paid for 5 more months from a credit card number we've never seen before. (most likely whoever stole the account).

Blizz restored his highest level alt and did not remove the already paid-for gametime. It was epic.

Deleted
    i call BS !!

A friend of mine got hacked and when he got his account back the hackers left various items and over 5,000g. He was happy to say the least haha.

My account has been deactivated since august, and I constantly get emails saying that its comprimised or doing suspicious things from "blizzard". I know its bs because I have an authenticater and I keep in touch with my guildys.

Well something like that happen to me... i got hacked like 2 months ago, the hacker get rid of most of my main and alts gear, gold an almost every item in my bags/bank. at that time i was REALLY mad so i open a ticket.
    the gm showed up and told me that all the items that got deleted were in the mailbox already so i say thanx man i love u and i went straight to the mailbox. as he said all the items and gold were there but also all the stuff from the guild bank that the hacker stole was in my mail. so i was like well ima talk to the guild master to tell him that i got all our stuff back. when i talked to him he told me that some gm contact him to give em back the items from the guild bank that were stolen. and i was like wtf... so i keep the items and i made like 25k from the guild bank items by that time i was really happy i got hacked cuz bfor that happen i was broken.. xD

Getting hacked implies intelligence from the side of the attacker, getting keylogged implies a lack thereof from the side of the victim
    Once upon a midnight dreary
    While i pron surfed, weak and weary
    Over many a site of ' hot xxx galore'.
    "'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"
    Quoth the server, 404.

killing a new raid boss is like having multiple orgasms only better.

Usually they use stolen credit cards to sub accounts. Ive had 2 friends get hacked and both were re subbed with stolen credit cards, they were then banned the next month, until they realized it was the hackers who did it (they didn't take away there game time).