Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't get how this is a scam.

You put something on the AH, someone else buys it. It's completely legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    You got raped by a guy hitting "search" every second until something good for a few copper showed up. I once sniped a battered hilt for 2 copper back when there wasn't a racial requirement on them. Sold it for 10k.
    aha now i understand, ty
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

The 7th post down in the link below is the "Neutral AH sniping guide". It only uses addons so it's not breaking any rules. The AH addons these days are extremely sophisticated and can seem like someone is "botting".

http://www.piroxbots.com/forum/123-g...e-mmowned.html

If you guys want a little history lesson on this "scam" (not much of a scam really unless you use a bot to do it, otherwise it's just the AH) check out the thread. It mostly targets people that are trying to "give" something to a character on the other faction by putting it up for 1c or 1g. You stay by the Neutral AH and have addons setup to scan for things like this and checks against a database to see if you would make profit on your factions AH.

/thread
    Last edited by G l o w y r m; 2011-01-16 at 11:16 PM.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

1. Go download and create an EVE account
    2. Create a character
    3. Fly said character to a place called 'Jita'
    4. Watch the Local Chat in said place...

Then come back here and talk about scamming in MMO's....

As long as people have been using the cross faction AH to send stuff to the other side, people have been camping that AH to swipe these cheap items.
    Blizzard doesnt support cross faction sending of stuff between characters, wich is why you simply cant do it. The AH is the only exception, but as everyone knows, comes with a risk.

If you really cared so much you couldve payed the fee for some insurance. Wich means in your case.
    -Use Horde alt to sell something like Spring Water x1 for 30k gold (if thats the value for the item your transfering)
    -Buy with your Alliance character. The Horde character now has something like 25k gold (x-faction AH cut is deducted)
    -Now sell the expensive item on the AH for 25k gold. And buy it with your horde toon.

AH campers wont snipe this cause the price is far to high, not a bargain at all. so its a save bet. Downside is, the goblins charge an arm and a leg for their AH. So for that 30k gold youll easily pay around 8k gold just in fee's as you pendle the gold back and forth.

How you want to play it, thats upto you. But sounds to me like you took a gamble and lost. Not just bots go on the goblins AH, regular people go their too so see if there is anything good selling. Who knows, might just get lucky and see 25 saronites for 2copper. Yah, then its gone.

Lol, you think just because someone bought your stuff that you put up for super cheap to send between factions must be a bot? There is definitely never anyone at the neutral ah looking for not so smart people like you? That's what I'm hearing. Try listing your items for more next time. You don't deserve a refund what so ever.

There are plenty of ways to do it without a bot. Once your addons are setup correctly you can use a macro to search the AH and set it as your "1" key. You can then play on another account and use keycloners (stuff people use to multibox, perfectly legit) and while playing 1 guy you are constantly searching the Neutral AH for things people are trying to "transfer" to the other faction by putting them up super cheap.

Like I said check out the guide I posted a few posts up, you'll see how it doesn't HAVE to be a bot.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MagusUnion View Post
    1. Go download and create an EVE account
    2. Create a character
    3. Fly said character to a place called 'Jita'
    4. Watch the Local Chat in said place...

Then come back here and talk about scamming in MMO's....
    Lol I assume you are talking about suiciding which is one of a few very good reasons not to play Eve Online. I saw one such case where players had clubbed together all their money to make an investment only to have it all stolen from them - The developers don't care.

I have seen these sort of posts before, you don't deserve a refund because of your own carelessness. Stop wasting the GMs time.

Deleted
    To the ppl that dont understand this....

Basicaly say 20 x eternium ore is 50g on ally side and 20 x eternium ore is 200g on horde ppl buy on ally side go down to the neutral AH put them on there for low cos so the neutral auction house doesent take a huge cut, then get someone to buy them asap.

the guy is QQing because someone bought his items before his partner managed to, its not hard to run a scan on a AH and LEGAL addon from curse can do this on a small AH like the neutral it take secconds

Quote Originally Posted by mithiliam View Post
    So last night I got hit by a AH sniper bot in Booty Bay, opened a ticket to a GM hoping they could A)return my 57 Volatile Waters and B) deal with some chump using a bot, which as we all know is against the "rules".
    To my sup-rise, when i logged on this am, a message from a GM ( whom shall remain nameless) saying basically "we have a team that look into bots and game exploits and I will be forwarding your information to them, and oh yeah we don't replace your item's".
    Somehow that doesn't seem right with me, clearly in time the hack team will see that in fact some moron was using a bot, that is assuming if they to actually look into it, I mean there not going to send me email saying yeah we found out you were scammed and we banned his account, so basically NO follow-up feed back to a loyal 3 year customer, and not replacing the items seems kinda like a big F.U. loyal customer, ya you got scammed, but you will have to take our word we are looking into it, and and your "stuff" is gone cause we don't give a damn that you got scammed, and really don't have the will to spend 10 min's investigating and sending your waters back to you, so to bad so sad.
    I mean if they really were customer orientated, they may have said "well yeah we'll look into this and if it's found that this in fact happened we will A) let you know how we dealt with account and B) refund your good.
    Without any loyalty to a long term customers, no openness,clarity accountability and lack of feedback, one is lead to the conclusion that all this talk about caring for the customer is a a load of bureaucratic double speak just to placate the player and move on to the next issue...
    So, to be paying a monthly fee to be let down, frustrated and in essence have a problem just sweep away, is extremely disappointing.
    Come on Blizz & GM's, your better than that, aren't you??
    If someone's using a bot then they will investigate it. But don't expect your AH goods back. You put them up for a price you wanted to sell them for and someone bought them. If I sold something on the AH, I certainly wouldn't want a GM refunding it.

The AH is not for posting items cross-realm to yourself. Its for selling stuff. You got caught trying to cheat the system. You took the risk, you lost. Nothing the GMs can do there.

i .... dont get what the scam is?
    1. you put something really low price
    2. someone like me or thousands other who look at AH sees the price and buys it asap
    3. time to put it back on ah for ah pricing
    4. loads of profit made for me
    5. sucks to be you

if you have to blame someone, blame your friend for not being fast enough to buy them? in fact i just bought 5 Volatile Waters for 5g on the neutral ah cuz someone wasnt fast enough to buy it. time to make profit at 20g a pop

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Lol I assume you are talking about suiciding which is one of a few very good reasons not to play Eve Online. I saw one such case where players had clubbed together all their money to make an investment only to have it all stolen from them - The developers don't care.
    The Eve Devs *do* care. They have often stated that the commerce side of things was intended to reflect real world politics and scope as closely as possible.

If someone hacked eve to steal your isk then yes, against the rules and banhammer incoming. But if they set up a con in game, using in game functions and objects, they are playing the game as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Same here.
    I have no problem with players working the AH, I do however have a problem with bots. How do I know it was a bot you ask... well with-in 1.5 seconds of posting my auction it was bought(i was on my ally toon, and a friend on her horde we where in vent), realizing what was happening i did a /who is character did not exist, tried to send a in game mail and did a armory search, both ended with no success.
    I have heard of sniper auction bot's for Ebay, but dam this is ridiculous, then I did a google search seems there all sorts of ways to bot a AH, funny how a old man can find this information within 5 min's and Blizz has done little to stop this.

This is like going on a TNA website complaining about how much you want WWE changed.

You're not getting anywhere with this topic.

You are not going to get a refund for selling something in the Auction House, it is working as intended. If the other guy was using some sort of bot he might be hit with a ban stick, but you won't get a refund. This is why I never use 1c or similar as the price when transferring items through Goblin Auction Houses.

Unless the person who bought your items was botting, don't expect anything to come of it. Trading things through the neutral AH is always a risk because you don't have to bot or cheat or scam to get somebody's items if they're not willing to put a high price on them for the transaction.

You don't have to bot to get things before somebody's partner does, you just have to be there already looking and be faster with your mouse, especially with addons like Auctioneer.