How Many BGs and Instances Did WoW Launch With?

With all the new MMOs coming out now and in the next few months I find myself thinking that they are lacking in end game content. For example, DCUO has only one "BG" and one "Dungeon" (Idk what they are called in DCUO). But how many did WoW launch with. Did WoW have one each and then expanded or did WoW come with a lot more?

I guess if WoW only had one or two each it wouldn't make DCUO look bad but if it came out with several or even more than 5, like WOTLK and Cata were released with, then I think they should have made some more content.

Oh and to clarify, I started playing mid-late TBC so I never experience Vanilla content.

Vanilla didnt have BG's. Well at release anyway.
    Long unlive the Forsaken!

There were no BG's and 2 raids at launch. 5 raids if you count Scholomance, UBRS, and Strat (which I don't - they were too easy to be considered raids imo).

IIRC

If I remember correctly, release only came with Scholomance, Stratholme, UBRS/LBRS. Dire Maul and Molten Core were released pretty early on, then BWL. BG's were implemented pretty early on, although only AB, WSG, and AV existed during vanilla.
    Only users lose drugs.

Deleted
    Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley were added later on, in like 1.3 (you can check the patches on the official site). You had to actually run to The Barrens and Alterac Mountains and enter the queue by walking through the portal... oh yeah...

WoW launched with all dungeons you see in the classic dungeonmaster afaik (except Dire Maul, added in first patch), though some were changed through the time (stratholme was, iirc, 10 man at start). Molten Core was the only raid instance, BWL followed. 20-mans were actually added later on.

WoW launched with Molten Core and Onyxia as 40man raids, and UBRS as a 15/10man raid, and Scholo and Strat as 10/5-man raids/dungeons. They didn't introduce BGs (WSG and AV) untill patch 1.2 or 1.3, I don't remember which.

Pretty much what the above said. When wow launched, it kinda sucked. I mean, druids (from what I've been told) were broken as hell and silithus didn't even have loot tables. Take a look at the vanilla talent trees. http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?vie...id=8&build=1.3

Balance druid had a 5 point talent that increased damage of melee attacks by 2/4/6/8/10%.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

And this is precisely why no new game is a threat to WoW.
    Even if it's a great game, at release it won't hold a candle to the head start in content WoW has. People won't give it time to develop and they'll just come back to WoW.

Just to add what others have said, Mauradon and Dire Maul were added after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebored View Post
    Even if it's a great game, at release it won't hold a candle to the head start in content WoW has. People won't give it time to develop and they'll just come back to WoW.
    That is a great point that makes a lot of sense.

Aye, I quit before Battlegrounds even was released because I didn't find it to be a very good game. Came back shortly after 2.3 and lo and behold, I couldn't believe how decent the game had become.

That experience have taught me that MMOs require time to grow, which is why I'm also willing to give any MMO a chance as long as I percievce that they might have potential with some love. :P

Marauden was released in a later patch as well.

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 01:54 PM ----------

Yet Everquest has quite possibly 100 times the amount of content WoW has, and it's still a crappy game...