Deleted

Mapping Holy Word to a mouse button failure?

hi all - first post so etc..

I always use Power Auras and mapped mouse buttons in my toons for the major spells and have found it the most efficient and fun way to do rotations..

however after like 5 years of doing this, ive come across a wierd issue preventing me from doing this with holy priests...

I have Holy Word: Chastise on [7] on the toolbar and a mouse button mapped to it - when Chakra changes it to Sanctuary, the mouse button will active Sanctuary fine, however when it is in Serenity mode - only the first time i activate that spell with the mouse will it work..

after that, clicking the mapped mouse button will not cast the spell, and the spell frame does not alter or attempt to cast (so its not in GCD or anything)

the result is I have to mouseclick the spell on the castbar - ive never had this issue when tanking or DPSing so ive been a little shocked at this apparent bug?

does anyone map their Holy Word to a mouse and find issues?

thanks

well,

when healing with vuhdo, i havent been able to get holy word:serenity to work with the mouse click on the frames, and i believe it wasnt macro'able (maybe it still isn't, not sure), but im sure someone else can give u a bit more info on this subject then I.

This is the third time this question has been asked. Perhaps we should make a Priest macro sticky. I have a feeling this particular question will not go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Yes, but its kinda tricksy.

(1) Make sure both SelfCast options are off.
    (2) Place Holy Word: Chastise on your hotbar.
    (3) Mouse over said hotbar button and copy "/run print(GetMouseFocus():GetName())" in chat and press enter.
    (4) Write down the result of the script (you'll see it in chat).
    (5) Create a new macro called "HW" [or w/e] with the following script:

#showtooltip Holy Word: Chastise
    /target hbtarget
    /click INSERT_STEP3_RESULT_HERE
    /targetlasttarget

(6) Open mouseover addon of your choice [healbot, vuhdo, clique, etc.] and type in "HW" [or w/e your named it] in the button you wish to bind it.
    (7) Make sure your chosen button is not bound to anything else.

You now will be able to mouseover with Holy Word: Serenity. Basically, by doing this, you've bound the hotbar button instead of the spell to your selected key, which allows for the mouseover to be valid. The catch is, to cast Holy Word: Sanctuary with the same bind, you must first be moused over a valid healing target. To get around this, bind Holy Word: Chastise to another button and use that exclusively for HW: Sanc.

10+ Year Old Account
    This works but the biggest bummer is that you have to turn off auto-self cast which I have used for 6+years. I have already died to the elevator boss in BWD because I jumped and hit levitate without targeting myself first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone please make a sticky on how to set up a Holy Word macro? These constant threads are getting annoying :\

There are a few different ways to do it too, and some ways don't work for everyone so if it took all of those into account it would be great. (I only know of like 1 way and it's usually different than other peoples' macro so I don't think I'm the right person to make such a guide)
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Denzion View Post
    This works but the biggest bummer is that you have to turn off auto-self cast which I have used for 6+years. I have already died to the elevator boss in BWD because I jumped and hit levitate without targeting myself first.
    I think it is a fairly minor to simply create a self-cast macro for stuff like levitate compared to the fuss of having to use a non-MoM'd HW:Serenity.

Deleted
    ah,, right, right - its an issue with the frames addon we use (i use Grid) well, ill just have to use the workarounds, none are really perfect as im not gonna turn off self-cast or use two mouse buttons for Santuary and Serenity - but i need to be able to use Serenity much more fluently..

hmm - this is lame but im really pleased with the helpful responses you guys gave -

my solution is im gonna move HW to button 1 where i can manually hit it most easily instead of PW:Shield which ill move to my designated Oh Shit area of the bars.

fair enough, thanks dudes

(and yes, maybe a sticky might be cool)

Deleted

I feel your pain, happend to me alot today

Deleted
    I've been wondering the exact same thing for quite some time, so i went searching for some way around it that worked for me.
    I haven't been able to bind it to my mouse ( but now i think of it, you can by just changing the keybinding on the actionbar by a mousebin) anyway, the solution i found.

What i've done is this: i took my Holy word: chastise and put it on my main actionbar, place 4 to be exact.
    The next step is using a macro that clicks whatever is on that place, wether is be sanc or serenity.

Have this macro bound to my 'F' key, which you can also replace with a mousebind, and when i need to use serenity, i hoover my mouse over the unitframe and press the macro. Whenever i need to use sanctuary, i just press the macro and i can place it without any fuzz.

I hope this is something like what you are looking for, since the same thing has been bugging me since the start. This is what worked for me and hopefully others benefit from it too.
    I did not come up with this solution, i found it somewhere while googling.

(Made an account just for this reply, so you better be thinking its helpful )
    (For some reason i can't post the macro, probably due to me not having enough posts, but its a fairly simple mouseover macro as all the others, but then with another line that says /click actionbar4)

Deleted
    yeah im happy with using [1] for it BUT

now i found a new pain - you cant use Power Auras to tell you when the CD is up for either Serenity or Sanctuary as when any kind of CD on PW:anything ends all the Auras will come up all at the same time - for some reason PW seems to be one spell with 3 different modes as far as Power Auras is concerned and it cant distinguish between any of them..

so in comparison to all the other classes where PA will tell you when any spell is ready to cast, Holy Priests have to bar watch while theyre Grid-watching for GCD animations...

as far as i know Power Auras is the best program for custom auras

I've been able to macro HW serenity to a mouse button without turning off auto-self cast. I use dominos, not sure if it matters.

#showtooltip holy word: chastise
    /target [@mouseover, exists]
    /click ActionButtonX
    /targetlasttarget

With X being whatever button holy word chastise is on. I use it with vuhdo with mouse button 5. I swear it works every tim. When I'm not targeting anything and hit levitate or PW:shield for run speed (to get from AH to bank in org) it auto casts it on myself.
    Last edited by Arcsecant; 2011-01-19 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    It's covered in elitistjerks holy priest guide. Personally I just use a key for holy word and my mouse for almost everything else. Makes the spell seem special, but it's still really easy to cast.

Lightbulb

Hmm As with Arcsecant, I don't have auto selfcast turned off, and the macro method mentioned in the EJ thread works great for me (Grid + Razor Naga + Mouseover healing macros).

I also use power auras and have set up the following strings to show when HW: Serenity and HW: Sanctuary are availible to use and works great for me!

HW: Serenity
    Version:4.9; b:0.9843; icon:spell_holy_persuitofjustice; buffname:Holy Word: Serenity; r:0.9922; x:-180; groupany:false; bufftype:7; texture:25; owntex:true; isResting:0; spec2:false; size:0.15; y:90

HW: Sanctuary
    Version:4.9; icon:Spell_Holy_DivineProvidence; buffname:Holy Word: Sanctuary; x:-180; groupany:false; bufftype:7; texture:25; owntex:true; isResting:0; spec2:false; size:0.15; y:90

Chakra Tells me when this is off CD
    Version:4.9; g:0.9843; iconriest_icon_chakra; buffname:Chakra; r:0.9961; x:-180; bufftype:15; texture:142; owntex:true; sound:17; size:0.16; y:45

Chakra: Serenity Shows me if I am in Chakra:Serenity state
    Version:4.9; g:0.0627; iconriest_icon_chakra; buffname:Chakra: Serenity; r:0.9686; groupany:false; texture:144; alpha:1; isResting:0; inVehicle:0; spec2:false; size:0.5; y:150

Chakra: Sanctuary Shows me if I am in Chakra:Sanctuary state
    Version:4.9; b:0; g:0.8784; iconriest_icon_chakra_blue; buffname:Chakra: Sanctuary; groupany:false; texture:144; alpha:1; symetrie:3; isResting:0; inVehicle:0; spec2:false; size:0.5; y:150

Hope this helps... someone

*edit* God, how to get rid of the smileys?

#showtooltip holy word: chastise
    /target [@mouseover, exists]
    /click ActionButtonX
    /targetlasttarget

Works fine if you are using healbot or vuhdo, but it doesn't seem to work with Clique i tried it last night, so i have to do it old school way.

It's rather simple when you think of it.

If you want Flash Heal animation or a working Chastise macro with cooldown and proper change in animation you just do these steps.

* Put Chastise or Flash Heal on to button 1
    * Make the following macro

/target [@mouseover]
    /click ActionButton1
    /targetlastttarget

* Now put that macro wherever on any of your actionbar (suggest a hidden one, but not needed)
    * Keybind that slot to button 1
    * Enjoy

Auto-self cast on or off dosn't matter, and if you would be in sactuary mode you will get up the mouse-cursor and ready to plant your circle wherever you want just as its supposed to be. If you're in serenity it will hit the mouse-over target.
    The only thing the macro do is to click the original button. The only difference is that you have the original buttons where you want them and the macro is placed somewhere else and are kebinded to where the original spells on your actionbar are at.
    Last edited by Juber; 2011-01-19 at 04:36 PM.