Question Halfus / Behemoth Bugged?

So last night my guild and I tried Halfus for the first time (10man NM).

Drakes awake: Scion, Storm and Whelps.

I went with one tank to interrupt Shadow Nova on Halfus. Simples enough.

Rest of raid went to kill Storm, and then Whelps.

However the Behemoth is seemingly killing us with Fireball Barrage (checked in combat log, etc) despite the Time Warden not being active, i.e. asleep! Which according to EVERYWHERE I have read, he should not use this ability unless the Time Warden is active.

Also, Halfus kills us all using Furious Roar at like 64%. Thought he wasn't mean to do this until around 50%?

Any help or pointing/quoting of some patch notes/blue re: this would be totally appreciated guys.

Thanks.

I need a specific log

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't read it right. Ignore me.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishy View Post
    I need a specific log
    Um we will try and get one tonight. But I checked the in-game combat log, and it said I had been killed specifically, by 'Fireball Barrage'.

Encounter seems buggy to us as well last time we tried (and eventually downed) that boss he was doing heroic abilities even though he wasn't set to heroic. We all had to leave the instance try and reset it and go back in and that appeared to solve the problem.

Not 100% sure, but i thought the Behemoth still cast fireball barrage, regardless of the state of the Timewarden, it was just that the timewarden (if up) caused it to be pretty much spammed and un-dodgeable, where as if not up (or activated when up) you just have to dodge it?

Have not had him when the Timewarden was not up, though. Is the normal behaviour when the timewarden is incapacitated supposed to be no fireballs at all? Cause if that was the case, then in the event that you had the Whelps and Timewarden incapacitated, wouldnt that mean the behemoth would do nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Not 100% sure, but i thought the Behemoth still cast fireball barrage, regardless of the state of the Timewarden, it was just that the timewarden (if up) caused it to be pretty much spammed and un-dodgeable, where as if not up (or activated when up) you just have to dodge it?

Have not had him when the Timewarden was not up, though. Is the normal behaviour when the timewarden is incapacitated supposed to be no fireballs at all? Cause if that was the case, then in the event that you had the Whelps and Timewarden incapacitated, wouldnt that mean the behemoth would do nothing?
    According to here (http://www.wowwiki.com/Halfus_Wyrmbreaker) it says Fireball Barrage is only active if Time Warden is up.

Whelps were there; just Slate Dragon and Timewarden were asleep.

Deleted
    We had the same drakes yesterday, and I can confirm that it seemed like we got hit by fireball barrage too. Furious roar started at around 50% though, so nothing wrong there. I think the barrage was less intensive than what it is with the time warden available, but I'm not sure.

It was still rather easy with 2 tanks, 5 dps and 3 healers. We had warrior tank (me) + rogue on boss all the time to interrupt shadow novas in turns. We released both Storm Rider and Whelps at start - with a few seconds of time for the add tank to get threat on Storm Rider - and burned them down with bloodlust. After that it was tank and spank with rogue-paladin combo taking one roar-nova combo and two death knights using icebound fortitude for next two. I think one or two went through at the end, but really, we got the boss to 2% without any interrupts on the combos.
    Last edited by mmoc4515b91cb7; 2011-01-17 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    If you have Time Warden active and release it, you get a Hellfire-animation on the ground few seconds before the behemoth's fireballs are about to hit that point. This means you can avoid them easily.

If you do not have Time Warden active, behemoth's Fireballs become undodgeable and just have to be healed through. At this point you just need to spread out so you don't splash the damage around too much (melee especially needs to be mindful of this and not stack in one spot).

Quote Originally Posted by ekh View Post
    If you have Time Warden active and release it, you get a Hellfire-animation on the ground few seconds before the behemoth's fireballs are about to hit that point. This means you can avoid them easily.

If you do not have Time Warden active, behemoth's Fireballs become undodgeable and just have to be healed through. At this point you just need to spread out so you don't splash the damage around too much (melee especially needs to be mindful of this and not stack in one spot).
    This is correct.
    Here is a log with the same drake setup, just switch the view to "Damage by Spell" and you'll see Fireball Barrage right there.

Ahh okay.

Thanks guys! Nowhere on the interwebs could I find anything saying that Fireball Barrage happens regardless. It only said it would ONLY happen if Time Warden was active. Which it wasn't. Oh well.

Will try with whelps up with Storm rider first. BL seems a good idea for sure and then just need enough AoE to de_stroy them.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marrakoosh View Post
    Will try with whelps up with Storm rider first. BL seems a good idea for sure and then just need enough AoE to de_stroy them.
    It is slightly questionable if it helps at all to kill Storm Rider before releasing whelps vs releasing both at the same time. The aoe damage from not releasing whelps is considerable, as is the damage whelps hit to tank. It's a question of if you wish to raid heal or tank heal more.

If you got classes with cleave, it's also nice to have them free at the same time.

Fireball Barrage continues when you Release Time Drake, you just get some pre-notification where they're going to land, so you can avoid those spots. You can still not move and die to them.

So last night my guild and I tried Halfus for the first time (10man NM).

Drakes awake: Scion, Storm and Whelps.

I went with one tank to interrupt Shadow Nova on Halfus. Simples enough.

Rest of raid went to kill Storm, and then Whelps.

1# However the Behemoth is seemingly killing us with Fireball Barrage (checked in combat log, etc) despite the Time Warden not being active, i.e. asleep! Which according to EVERYWHERE I have read, he should not use this ability unless the Time Warden is active.

2# Also, Halfus kills us all using Furious Roar at like 64%. Thought he wasn't mean to do this until around 50%?

Any help or pointing/quoting of some patch notes/blue re: this would be totally appreciated guys.

Thanks.
    1. Time Warden being present means it is active.
    2. This is just a healer issue. You need to have everyone maxxed out when furious roar comes and yes I'm pretty sure its supposed to come at 50% so dunno why you got it at 64%.

Would try give some more pointers but no time for that atm sry :<

The barrage comes from the whelps and hits everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixenlol View Post
    1. Time Warden being present means it is active.
    2. This is just a healer issue. You need to have everyone maxxed out when furious roar comes and yes I'm pretty sure its supposed to come at 50% so dunno why you got it at 64%.

Would try give some more pointers but no time for that atm sry :<
    Ok, just because the Time Warden is there, lying on the ground, doesn't mean he is active. He is asleep. As is Slate. They are not active and so his buffs should not be affecting Halfus or Behemoth. Therefore these are not in the fight.

Hence my question of a bug, because he is asleep and so I was under the impression Behemoth does not get his buff, though he seems to.

Ok, just because the Time Warden is there, lying on the ground, doesn't mean he is active. He is asleep. As is Slate. They are not active and so his buffs should not be affecting Halfus or Behemoth. Therefore these are not in the fight.

Hence my question of a bug, because he is asleep and so I was under the impression Behemoth does not get his buff, though he seems to.
    They have been "active" for each and everyone of our kills atleast

Bugged or not, its a ridiculously easy fight.

The whelps make the raid take less damage from the Fireball Barrage - as soon as you release them you will see a big decrease in raid damage, and your healers will thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wowwiki and wowpedia suck and need to be updated.

Simple as that, do not trust it. Watch videos with live (not beta) kills.

Solution : Do it heroic mode.