Thread: Nefarion 10man

Nefarion 10man

Hey there!,

at the moment me and my guild are progressing on Nefarion 10man version - Normal and we struggle to face phase 2 with the lava and AOE damage inc
    our healers are well geared and mostly all the grp is at least 350 ilvl AVG any tips for us for p2 cause healers cant outheal the damage inc and jumping is fast asap.
    ty.

our setup-

Tanks - warr,pala,
    Healers - shaman/Hpriest/hpally
    Dpsers - Lock/Mage/Hunter/Rogue/Dk

Holy Paladin should cope fine with 4 people (including themself) on their platform, as they can beacon 1 person, and protector of the innocent does a fair amount of self healing also. This would leave the other 2 pillars with 3 each, which should be completely manageable for the healers there.

Make sure the people on the holy priests platform are in the holy priests group. If the Shaman is struggling, put 4 on the priests pillar also, as priest group healing is very good. You will need a solid DPSer on the platform with the Shaman tho, though even that might be pushing it. Even a Resto Shaman should be able to keep 3 people up!

Just to make sure - you ARE interrupting the casts that the adds do, right? That's the only AoE damage in that phase, other than Lightning Machine.

we do interrupt but its not the only AOE nefa is doing ""shadow bolts"" that does ALOT of damage. and after we get on the pillar when we have around 7 stacks of the lava debuff we are getting hitted by those shadow bolts and its un-healable.

The shadow bolts aren't AoE-damage, they just hit a handful of players at once. You also really shouldn't be having 7 stacks of magma debuff at that point, you're doing something wrong - are you jumping in and out of lava when you go up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zYN View Post
    Just to make sure - you ARE interrupting the casts that the adds do, right? That's the only AoE damage in that phase, other than Lightning Machine.
    That's incorrect.

Nefarian casts something called Shadow Barrage on every player on the platform very frequently, it has a small splash damage aoe effect where it lands so spready out apperently helps. Someone mentioned they hit pets as well but I can't confirm this.

well i do know we struggle to jump correctly? any tips to less debuff stacks?

Wait untill the lava reaches the max level then as your standing 5 yards away from the pilla press space and move forward, you should pop out of the lava and land on the platform. To help deal with the AOE damage from shadow bolts, make sure you spread out otherwise it will splash onto other people, also one of the best strats is to kill off to of the adds in p2 and then have everyone swim over to one platform so that when you push nef durring the air phase you can get big AOE heals out on the whole raid, we are able to kill off 2 adds then get on one platform and push nef twice before p2 ends.

ty for helping

i'm pretty sure the splash mechanic is there, we had our pet friendly classes take off their pets and damage was substantially less. My group had 4 poeple, 1 hunter and warlock, when they dismissed their pets, the damage was much easier to deal with. I think the damage is a very small splash radius but I'm pretty confident it is there. so even it's not something that is confirmed, you should spread out a bit just incase anyway

Just a tip in case you haven't already: Disable water collision in your interface options. Doing so will make your camera stay the same as the lava rises and not disorient you. Doing this cut all my guild's magma stacks from 7-8 down to 4-5 significantly reducing damage (by about 6000+7000+8000 = 21k per person excluding resists).

Good luck!