Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerwordthug View Post
    I'm hooked.
    Very glad to hear that ^^

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lidd View Post
    You're missing any kind of resource management and it seems like the damage stops after you successfully land a heal. Not sure if that's intended. Not a bad rough draft but needs some refinement to make it fun (and addictive).

Also, part of what makes healing in wow fun is that you also need to pay attention to your central character. Having the "healer" as a role and not yourself, as you seem to be some omnipotent healing good, takes you out of the gameplay. Watching troops die is not as engaging as being mindful that you, yourself are going to die.

I only played the first 3 levels, btw.
    We are thinking of putting some resource management in, something like mana yup. We figured that the responsibility of having to be responsible for a group of men might interest enough people, we did think about having a central character but decided to keep it like this, mainly because we didnt really have much spare time to work on this game (full time students)

In my opinion the game starts getting fun around lvl 9 The first levels are just an integration for people not familiar with healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Decas View Post
    Well I could, but I dont want to beat the record by cheating ^^ , besides there is another guy who got 5:42 o.O
    Hum no, no cheating involved, just let one of your guy die at the beginning, it's the trick. It's far easier to heal 9 people than to heal 10 Well, in fact it's 6 since 3 of those are perma-shielded. Clever use of game mechanics, one would say

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
    Hum no, no cheating involved, just let one of your guy die at the beginning, it's the trick. It's far easier to heal 9 people than to heal 10 Well, in fact it's 6 since 3 of those are perma-shielded. Clever use of game mechanics, one would say
    Hehe, I dont mean that you are cheating, I would be cheating by looking at your spec and seeing how you got the score.
    But now that I know how you did it I have to fix it! We obviously must put a higher penalty for losing a player :]

Thanks for finding this out for us, we thought we penalty was enough, but clearly not :/

Quote Originally Posted by Baganzai View Post
    the only problem i have is that sometimes it doesn't seem to correctly select what i clicked on. And you can't realy spam heals. After a heal is done it takes some time before the next heal becomes available, but nothing indicates when this is.

But other than that a very nice flash game
    this guy is right. also, sometimes it will simply stop heal for like 2 seconds, then other times i will be rdy to heal right after cast finished
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Either the tank sucks, or there's a lot of aoe dmg =D (Or people aren't running out of the fires -.-)

Nice game, though!

Nice game i like it : )

Heya; just played the game and did level 1-20 in about ~25 minutes (nickname was lol). I got ranked 2nd for most critical heals (48) in one level. Talk about luck, huh? I must say the game is VERY well designed. It has a few flaws, but it's addictive. A few things I'd like to suggest:

a) Make the multi-target heal have a lesser chance to heal the seeded target. It'd help a lot.
    b) Make the tank(s) take more damage than regular units. That way, it really gives a "WoW healing" feeling.
    c) More healing spells? 4 was cool, but I'd LOVE to have more.

Aside from that, very well made game & simple to play. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
    Heya; just played the game and did level 1-20 in about ~25 minutes (nickname was lol). I got ranked 2nd for most critical heals (48) in one level. Talk about luck, huh? I must say the game is VERY well designed. It has a few flaws, but it's addictive. A few things I'd like to suggest:

a) Make the multi-target heal have a lesser chance to heal the seeded target. It'd help a lot.
    b) Make the tank(s) take more damage than regular units. That way, it really gives a "WoW healing" feeling.
    c) More healing spells? 4 was cool, but I'd LOVE to have more.

Aside from that, very well made game & simple to play. Congratulations.
    Hey, cheers for a wonderful comment and grz with the critical heals

We did think about having the aoe-heal not heal seeded players but we noticed that late game when everyone is taking crazy damage the seeds would be constantly popping since the seeded player was receiving very little healing and you wouldn't really be doing anything else then re-applying seeds which I didnt find very fun, but maybe some people might, not sure though.

Maybe we could make the seed instant cast and aoe heal would not heal seeded players? Not very hard to implement, not sure how it would turn out though. Might be crazy fun.

Our next change is actually to make more direct tank damage, which we would be indicated in advance (tank flashing red or something like that).
    and yes, add another healing spell, we were thinking along the lines of a long casting heal which heals for alot, like greater heal yep, any other ideas for a heal?

We know the game is a bit "clunky" , especially when you are finishing heals and sometimes short pauses come after the heal has landed, we are trying as hard we can to make it more smoother.

Thanks again guys for the comments, very happy to hear people are glad with the game,

i seem to have buggd it some how and it keeps repeating lvl 1 over and over then it frozen after about the 3rd time doing it

Quote Originally Posted by figgis View Post
    i seem to have buggd it some how and it keeps repeating lvl 1 over and over then it frozen after about the 3rd time doing it
    who0t! Did you do anything unusual? Did it fix after you refreshed it? Never heard about this bug before, hopefully it's not happening alot to people. Not sure what is happening there :/

DONT WORRY IT'S ONLY 10 WAVES!

Anyyyway. The game was fun. I hope the sequel improved on this to make it closer to a wow setting, perhaps even try to make the it closer to specific boss fights I don't heal but with application it would be an amazing tool (like the gorefiend simulator).

I noticed the quick heal was kinda bad though... I just saved my points until I could dump it all in the chain heal and seed skill.

I think this thread need a big push
    because I still enjoy playing this little game

10+ Year Old Account
    This was advertising back in the day (and should have been moved) and there is no reason to necro it rather than discuss it fresh (as it's probably been updated in the passing years) in a new thread.

Closing.