Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sick of LFD? Lucky you didn't play before wrath.

Back then you had to individually find each person for your dungeon. No gearscore or achievements to go by, just pure damn luck.

Stop complaining about 30-40 minute queues when a dungeon used to take close to 2 hours.

And if you're so damn upset about waiting so long, go re-roll a tank or healer.

No more of this ''Pure dps should get quicker queues'' nonsense.

/rant

Or just do what we all used to do in the old days and get some friends? Its an MMO I am sure everyone knows enough people to pull a group together at almost any time of the day/night. Just /w people you know in other guilds and friends of friends and pull together a group I guarantee it will take less than 30-40 mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Italiano1 View Post
    Back then you had to individually find each person for your dungeon. No gearscore or achievements to go by, just pure damn luck.

Stop complaining about 30-40 minute queues when a dungeon used to take close to 2 hours.

/rant
    You could also inspect him or her. Or is that too much work?
    1. Respect your fellow community member

Do not correct other people's posts when they make a grammatical or spelling mistake. Not everyone's native language is English. If yours is you should be glad everyone else is doing an effort. Respect that.

/rant
    I have yet to hear someone say that. Now that I think about it, I have yet to hear someone being more annoyed by it. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if for every tank that queue for a dungeon, 2 healers and 15 DPS sings up, it will create with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowsftl View Post
    You could also inspect him or her. Or is that too much work?
    Once upon a time there was a LFG channel that covered the whole world and everyone was in it by default. You might get people replying to your LFM message who were in Silithus while you were in EPL so inspecting didn't work out too well because you'd be waiting 30 mins plus for them to reach you.

People actually gave players a chance rather than automatically deciding they weren't good enough based on meaningless info such as their gear... I think this was in part BECAUSE it was harder to get a group together in the 1st place.

i played tbc. and no. it took about 5 mins in many cases, all you do is run in a crowded place saying LFG...
    _ _
    idunolulz \(o_0)/

I've played since... what you guys call "Vanilla", and I honestly have to say I am not pleased with the LFD. I'd rather wait and get a good group than get right into a cross-realm shitty one.

Depended on the time. Even when I was tanking and I had a friend healing, finding three DPS could take a while. Especially if you needed two for CC (sorry DPS Warriors, Shaman and Paladins, no-one loved you back then).

Not to mention getting everyone to the damn instance without people demanding summons. Back when not many people had epic flying, and regular flight was at 60% speed. Blurgh.

"LFM 1 Warlock, Heroic Mechanar."

*shudder*

/rant
    I am with you dp sshould not complain reroll tank

That whole "roll a tank/healer" excuse is the lamest shit I've ever heard. What that implies is that everyone does Heroics simply for the hell of it. This is simply not true. If everyone rolled a tank or healer, there would be no pure dps classes, and there would be nothing but druids, DKs, warriors, and pallies running around in raids. Players do heroics for the Justice Points, and their daily Valor Points. JP and VP are not transferable between toons so stop using that excuse.

The only reason people are complaining about long queues is because they became so accustomed to WotLK queue times which were only a fraction of what DPS had to wait. That, and for some reason these people don't know that they can take that time to farm leather, ore, herbs, or even work on Archaeology. Read forums or something. You can turn 40 minute waits into 40 minute to-do lists.

I tested it myself the other day and spent 30 minutes farming leather. I got 100 leather in that time which makes 20 heavy savage leather, which sells for 250g a 5-stack. So essentially I just made about 1000g in 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigstackstwo View Post
    I've played since... what you guys call "Vanilla", and I honestly have to say I am not pleased with the LFD. I'd rather wait and get a good group than get right into a cross-realm shitty one.
    Lol no one is stopping anyone from doing it the old way. Find 4 other people in trade chat and hit the random button. You will get your select group and get your JP/VP. If the old way was so much better (and it might be), we can still use it. Pushing the LFD button is to make things easier. Not mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    I am with you dp sshould not complain reroll tank
    This is the dumbest crap I've ever seen. People pick their classes to play that role, not to fit in to the dungeon queue.

Lol no one is stopping anyone from doing it the old way. Find 4 other people in trade chat and hit the random button. You will get your select group and get your JP/VP. If the old way was so much better (and it might be), we can still use it. Pushing the LFD button is to make things easier. Not mandatory.
    It's what I do, man. It's what I do.

It's not a "What you guys call" thing. Vanilla is a widely used term that means any game before any expansions were added to it. Because it's white with no color or anything special. I wish people would stop acting like this is a WoW term that people pull out of thin air.

You still have this option. Go ahead!
    "The Internet, where the men are men, the women are also men, and the children are FBI agents."

/rant
    I played before Maraudon came out. It wasn't luck. You very quickly put together a friends list of reliable people, and a blacklist of terribads on your server.

The only thing LFD did is kill a lot of the server community because now you don't need to get to know people to run dungeons effectively. Though, honestly, if you go ahead and do make a preform group and get to know people, you'll have a heck of an easier time with this game even now.

I miss the days of being able to make friends with good players, and finding out what the baddie guilds and pro guild are on your server. I played Fury until I got bitched out by a random person looking for DPS in trade chat. "Stop playing a wannabe rogue, do what your class is supposed to do, and tank". I was offended at first, but then I tried it, and it turned out to be the best choice I could have made for my Warrior.

i loved BC, LF1m H Mech(daily). get no responses
    then after realizing my mistake, LF1m H MEch(daily, we has lock) 50 whispers
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

@The people who are complaining of dungeon queues and then saying "awww but I wanna deeepz!1!" - then that's your own fault, if you're too stupid enough to realise there are far more people queueing as dps, and you have to wait, then that's your own problem. If you don't want to wait then you have a few options:

• Re-roll/re-spec - You have Dual-Spec, use it.
    • Find friends, Guildies or just people on your server who are a Tank or Healer. - Like everyone had to before RLFG was implemented, remember you don't have to use the LFG system.
    • Stop being bad and do the above, or stfu.

LFG really only improved low level dungeons.

It wasn't hard to form a group and once you did, you knew you'd have people with common decency and who'd stick it out. LFG destroyed any sense of community on servers and bads no face little to know repercussions for their actions.

Naturally,id expect dogs without their leash to behave as dogs. but in total, be it convient or not, LFG has contributed to a far less enoyable/ negative experiece of WoW.

There is no "oh, just form your own groups now. nothings stopping you". while this may be partially true, dungeon finder makes forming a full group worse than it was before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya and before cata you had a wide group of friends because when you found someone good you added them to your friends list and recruited from that list it wasn't that hard to find a group..
    *Edit* I meant vanilla days.