Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The difference is that before people actually tried to do the dungeon and were more social. Now you wait, start doing the dungeon, no one talks and after the first wipe is goodbye.
    That is annoying as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigstackstwo View Post
    I've played since... what you guys call "Vanilla", and I honestly have to say I am not pleased with the LFD. I'd rather wait and get a good group than get right into a cross-realm shitty one.
    You know that /2 LFG for blabla still works ey?

Actually, WotlK didn't ship with the Dungeon Finder tool - it was implemented later.

Also, does anyone else fondly remember back to when you were unable to see someone's hit point value in TBC (at least without add-ons)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manito View Post
    It's not a "What you guys call" thing. Vanilla is a widely used term that means any game before any expansions were added to it. Because it's white with no color or anything special. I wish people would stop acting like this is a WoW term that people pull out of thin air.
    If you called a Potato a Potahto, and I said Potayto, I would then say "What you call a Potahto, I call a Potayto". That's implying that even though you say Potahto, and that is accepted, I say Potayto, which is also accepted. I never once said that you pulled Potahto out of thin air, nor did I mean to give you that idea, all I'm saying is that you say Potahto and I say Potayto.

Did I just blow your mind or what?

;] Please do not post pointless or nonsensical posts or other spam, they are against the rules, and can result in bans.
    You just need to be a little more on topic. ~Raven
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2011-01-17 at 11:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Italiano1 View Post
    Back then you had to individually find each person for your dungeon. No gearscore or achievements to go by, just pure damn luck.

Stop complaining about 30-40 minute queues when a dungeon used to take close to 2 hours.

And if you're so damn upset about waiting so long, go re-roll a tank or healer.

No more of this ''Pure dps should get quicker queues'' nonsense.

/rant
    Nothing changed for me. I still don't pug and only play with friends or my guild. No point complaining about queue time really as Blizz cannot fix it because it's not broken. Only solution is more people playing tank/healer...but since there isn't enof room for those on raiding guilds theres not much chance it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    If you called a Potato a Potahto, and I said Potayto, I would then say "What you call a Potahto, I call a Potayto". That's implying that even though you say Potahto, and that is accepted, I say Potayto, which is also accepted. I never once said that you pulled Potahto out of thin air, nor did I mean to give you that idea, all I'm saying is that you say Potahto and I say Potayto.

Did I just blow your mind or what?
    I like what this guy is thinking.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The OP was more than correct though if things didn't change since original release then we would not have nearly as many players as they would have gotten tired of waiting those 2 hours to get into a dungeon. But at the same time people don't want to wait an hour to do group things simply because they are dps. I don't want to tank or heal anymore. i did those things the last few expansions. why should i have to do that JUST to get into a dungeon? the solution?
    blizzard fixed that. its called channel changing. Get into LFG channel and grab people.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how you make a "back in my day" thread, then state that you use gearscore and achievements to choose people for your groups.

The dungeon finder is here to stay, although it has flaws, its something we all have to live with. If you don't like it, find friends/guildies to group with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    Also, does anyone else fondly remember back to when you were unable to see someone's hit point value in TBC (at least without add-ons)?
    Yeah. I used to use an addon called "MobHealth" that would calculate how much hp a mob had based on the percentage of life remaining and how much damage had been done to it.

And how about buffs/debuffs on enemies? Mages had a spell called something like "Detect magic" that would display what kinds of magic buffs and debuffs they had.

Quote Originally Posted by dudedduu View Post
    I have yet to hear someone say that. Now that I think about it, I have yet to hear someone being more annoyed by it. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if for every tank that queue for a dungeon, 2 healers and 15 DPS sings up, it will create with time.
    A solution to the 30-40 wait time in LFD for dps classes?

Now you've heard someone say it and its still ridiculous.
    Last edited by Slavko; 2011-01-17 at 06:49 PM.

LFD = 4chan.

Anonymous players you'll never see again that have zero incentive to play nice or care what you think of them. Your reputation counts for nothing.

The solution isn't for Blizzard to change things.

The solution is for you to work within the rules of the game to make sure that your reputation matters. The only way to do that is to develop long-term mutually beneficial relationships with people on your own server. Start building successful 5person pugs and pug raids for old content. Make a name for yourself. Social network your way to setting yourself up for an enjoyable playing experience with people that will be there for you a year or more from now.

To hell with giving a set of random internet gamers have direct access to my eyeballs - bg and trade and general chat is the first to go when I roll a toon. To hell with random queue'd dungeons. This isn't Xbox Live or Playstation.

Quote Originally Posted by Italiano1 View Post
    And if you're so damn upset about waiting so long, go re-roll a tank or healer.

No more of this ''Pure dps should get quicker queues'' nonsense
    /rant
    i totally agree, and the only way to shorten the dps queues is to reward current tanks for completing consecutive runs
    and help new tanks to gear themselves out easier

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...utive-dungeons

1) award extra JP/VP to tanks who COMPLETE consecutive dungeons/heroics

PROS:
    this is a good idea, as it will encourage tanks not only to complete dungeons, but to queue again
    meaning that dps who have waited 45mins in queue, have a chance of multiple dungeons
    also, it will allow tanks to get geared up faster, lowering the chance of wiping
    JPs for regs and VPs for heroics, say normal bonus 70 for the first daily, 20 for 2nd, 30 for 3rd and 50 for 4th. then no bonuses after that.
    that way, undergeared tanks can earn 346 gear faster, instead of spamming the same 3 reg dungeons forever waiting on bullshit drop rates for 333 gear
    and raid tanks can earn their epics, giving them a reason to queue in LFD and help out the general populus more than once a day

CONS:
    every herp derp hybrid and his cat will try and tank, refusing to leave, to get JP/VPs to help their main spec dps gear
    players capped for JP/VP get no benefit, as there is no "badge sink" currently live in game
    mass dps qq about tanks getting extra VPs

2) drop the prices on JP/VP tank gear

PROS:
    given the likely mass dps qq over tanks being able to earn more VPs in the first option, despite it lowering the dps queue times
    dropping the prices for tank gear seems to be the next most viable option
    that way, everyone is still earning equal VP, appeasing the masses, and tanks are able to gear up faster (with ONLY tank gear being cheaper)
    more geared tanks == less wipes == faster dungeons == shorter queues

CONS:
    this doesnt really give geared tanks any incentive to come back past their initial daily

3) the Oculus bag

PROS:
    this one can be implemented on its own OR in addition to options 1 or 2. being the infamous Oculus bag
    everyone remembers blizz plan to get ppl to run the hated H Occ with a bag of goodies at the end, being a gem and chance at mount
    now before you say it, im NOT implying that tanks should get a chance at a tank only mount
    but, perhaps a chance at random materials of increasingly high value for the first 3-4 dungeons per day
    anything from a stack of cloth, to gems, to enchanting mats, to pristine hides, to elementium, to chaos orbs, to truegold to whatever
    the later more expensive stuff being rarer and only in say 4th dungeon bags
    this can be changed and balanced to include whatever
    this encourages tanks to complete consecutive dungeons/heroics by providing them with something valuable to either help them gear or AH for gold

CONS:
    again, with the masses of dps QQ incoming, despite this being a viable way to shorten the queue they are complaining about in the first place
    again with the loads of herp derps trying to tank just for a chance on something valuable
    AND adding more RNG into the game like this will inevitably have some crazy luck imbalance
    e.g. tank A gets crazy good luck and gets truegold on his 4th dungeon everyday
    tank B gets painful fail luck and gets all pristine hides on his plate tank (despite being valuable, but the least useful)
    leading to more qq on the forums

these were the best suggestions so far as i can tell
    without having crazy "pure>hybrid" implications
    there was a good one about having bonus rep gain too, but again, that leaves exalted tanks with no bonuses

also, before anyone asks, i have a mage, a tree drood healer and a pally tank as my 85s, various other 80s that will get looked at later
    so im not biased towards tanks OR healers OR dps, okiez :P

TL-DR encouraging current tanks to do consecutive runs and new tanks to gear easier will shorten humungous dps queues