need rotation for demonology

ive made a warlock alt and am only level 11 at the moment. but i can't find out what their rotation should look like when they get in the higher levels. this is my first spell caster class alt ive played (mains a warrior) so im not that used to warlocks at the moment lol.

thank you for any help.

15+ Year Old Account
    i also recently made a lock alt and was kinda wondering the same thing, but honestly it just depends on the HP of the mob/s. trash doesn't live long, so i usually just corruption, bane of agony, then drain. i drain instead of shadowbolt because they die so fast and it's typically more DPS to drain since drain is an instant cast, plus at early levels its the only thing that synergizes with soul burn.

after you get hand of guldan, you use that off CD, fully dot targets up, let the felguard do what it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    warlocks, like most caster classes, don't have a "rotation" so much as a priority list. Certain spells are more important than others and should be cast more often. For an end-game list, check out Elitist Jerk's Demonology guide.

At your level, you're not going to have stuff like improved soul fire, hand of gul'dan, etc. Most of the time it will be immolate>corruption>shadowbolt spam until you get the good stuff.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

alright i really thank you guys for the help seeing i have little to no idea how casters are played really. ill stick with my 3 spells ive got for the moment for fighting and ill check out elitist jerks guide for later.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I do when I play new classes is put spells on my bar in order of highest dps to lowest, and if I intentionally use low dps spells that's ok, providing i cast the big ones first later.

Hand of Guldan is near the top, with Immolate and Corruption. Drain life is near the bottom, so once you cast these first 3 spells press drain life all you want, but if you want to press it first to get healed that's ok too.
    Ignore Bane of Doom because it takes so long to do damage.

R.I.P. YARG

Coe - sb - insta SF - immo - doom - HoG - corrup - sb - (if in range shadowflame) - spam sb tell procs/reapply dots. -- replace sb w/ SF when can -- keep using MC procs even when decimate is up -- and keep hog on cooldown
    Last edited by Saucin; 2011-01-18 at 07:29 AM.