Spec for Chimaeron

Chimaeron as Demo makes me cry, I try to be at 100% mana when P2 hits but it's pretty hard since healers are stressed enough as it is, and if I'm not at 100% mana for P2 I can expect to wand the boss pretty soon, I would assume this is better as Destro with Soul Leech, is this correct?

I've only done this fight as affliction so far and I'm happy with how the spec works on this fight.

Affliction's self healing is taking stress off the healers, during this fight I didn't need any targeted heals at all. Even during Feud your Drain Life and the AoE heals is enough to stay alive. For mana I can time my life taps to right after someone else is hit by Caustic Slime and instantly heal myself up above 10k health with Drain Life. Before P2 I will fill up my mana by continually draining to about 30k health and life tap till I have enough mana to last the phase.

P2 is the most important phase and since we're in the execution range, you'll really shine here. Once your tanks die and you're next, Soulshatter yourself to the bottom of the threat meters and enjoy watching your fellow raiders die while climbing up the dps meters yourself.

Ye I might give it a shot with Affli tonight, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I've only done this fight as affliction so far and I'm happy with how the spec works on this fight.

Affliction's self healing is taking stress off the healers, during this fight I didn't need any targeted heals at all. Even during Feud your Drain Life and the AoE heals is enough to stay alive. For mana I can time my life taps to right after someone else is hit by Caustic Slime and instantly heal myself up above 10k health with Drain Life. Before P2 I will fill up my mana by continually draining to about 30k health and life tap till I have enough mana to last the phase.

P2 is the most important phase and since we're in the execution range, you'll really shine here. Once your tanks die and you're next, Soulshatter yourself to the bottom of the threat meters and enjoy watching your fellow raiders die while climbing up the dps meters yourself.
    That is just exactly what I do. I wonder if the drain life specc would be nice for this fight.

Affli drain works beautifully on Chimaeron. Our healers simply ignore me when bot is online - have more than enough selfhealing to hold me above 10k even after life tapping to fill up mana.

Deleted
    as it is a single target fight anyway, take your succubus and glyph: lash of pain. she will provide you with more mana. always try to keep your mana at max, so tap when you are safe at around 25k hp. in this fight you cant stress your healers with life tap as long as you stay over 10k hp. everthing else is just a healer fail.
    in ph2 tap everything you can, soulshatter, and you will be safe for a while also.
    Last edited by mmocb3d4938640; 2011-01-18 at 01:59 PM.

Affliction wins here cause of the second phase execute.

Just downed this boss on heroic last night. I was affliction. Another lock was destro. We pretty much did the same damage and dps . 2nd and 3rd on recount iirc. I prefer afflic for the self healing tho. But either spec works fine.

Deleted
    can u avoid the miss chance in some way?

15+ Year Old Account
    Cast Drain soul or life before it lands, your channel won't be affected by the miss rate. Drain Life lasts shorter than the duration, but if you follow it with a short cast time you can overlap the buff falling off.

R.I.P. YARG

I would advise destro for the following reasons:

- less damage taken thanks to nether ward
    - less mana used, therefore less health lost via taps
    - Suffers less from a miss
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Deleted
    I've done this fight with 2(!) demo warlocks on 10man.

What for me simply a good timing was to lifetap, is right AFTER feud happened. You will be most likely topped off, if not about 50k+ HP. On this moment Massacre happens, and usually would blow you to 1 hp like most of the people (if not topped off). Lifetapping right before massacre was for me the right moment to fill my mana. Ofcourse, do not tap yourself to below 10k, and for when you were topped of, try to tap only to 90% mana or 35k hp

I think any spec is ok for this fight on normal mode. I would imagine for heroic mode affliction is the best choice, followed closely by destro. We've only cleared this fight once on normal mode though so my knowledge of what works/doesn't work it isn't great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    I think any spec is ok for this fight on normal mode. I would imagine for heroic mode affliction is the best choice, followed closely by destro. We've only cleared this fight once on normal mode though so my knowledge of what works/doesn't work it isn't great.
    Just curious, what makes you think affliction would be better than destro on heroic?
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Just curious, what makes you think affliction would be better than destro on heroic?
    you have a much shorter time frame to burn the remainder health of chimaeron on heroic (he melee's faster). longer and more useful execute really.