Thread: Bored tank :(

Bored tank :(

Whats really the point having lvl85 alt tank these days?
    Apart from endless grinding heroic 5mans for JP , new tank cant progress futher into raids. No guilds want tank, my guild dont want me to reroll, since we are full on tanks by far and low on healers and casters, just as other guilds. I even lurked to other realms, but no guilds need tanks also Melee classes are also in low demand, dont know why really (maybe cos raid encounters favor ranged classes in terms of dmg taken and stuff).
    So, I just dont queue for hc 5mans, its just nothing for me there anymore (capped on JP and dont need any gear, reputations are maxed also). No wonder dps classes need to wait for so long in LFD if all tanks feels like me.
    Designing raid encounters in a way that 4-6 tanks are needed would balance this imo...dont see other way...

Level a new alt, make it something that can heal or cast? ;o

Please jesus, no return to the old 4+ tanks mechanic except certain heroics. Anyone else remember the hell of original four horsemen?

The real solution is for Blizzard to design more encounters that are balanced for ranged and melee dps, instead of the countless ones that massively favor ranged (the only real exception to this is Al'Akir, which on 10 favors melee). That way people who like to have a tank role and a dps role actually, well, can.

15+ Year Old Account
    Queue as DPS sometimes I guess.. or level an alt. There's nothing wrong with playing two characters. Try a different faction too. It's fun.

If you're really bored just play other games or do something else entirely. You don't have to sit ingame all the time.

The problem is that right now it's the beginning of the expansion so most guilds already planned their tanks out ahead of time. Until burn out settles in it's going to be hard to convince guilds to have you replace their tanks.

Unfortunately. Blizzard made it so half the tanks on 10 mans runs need to carry around 2 sets of gear (Tank and DPS) because there are a whole bunch of fights that only require one tank so it's going to be even harder to find a tank spot in a guild because half of them are only tanking half the time and burn out is less-likely.

Well, i wasnt really looking for workaround solution , although i already have melee dps, caster dps and healer characters. My true love is tanking, but like vossvicks said, its really small chance to get raid spot as tank. Thats bad news, really.
    Guess maybe go try healing, but at some point i will be forced to go dps, due to overgearing content and reducing healer spots as consequence. And dps role is one i dont like really (ye, guess thats rare

Also I wanted to point out why there is shortage of tanks, reading all this threads about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you honestly need to come to an online forum to find ways to seek enjoyment out a game, you might as well just quit
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

Not to be taken the wrong way but the best solutions is to be the superior tank. Truth is one tank is gonna be better than the other and if that's you, 9/10 times you're gonna have a raid spot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    no guilds need tanks also Melee classes are also in low demand, dont know why really
    been trying to recruit both tanks and melee dps for a few weeks now without much success..