Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I play whilst being a college student. I play less during the semester, though, except for breaks and weekends.

The key is really just to prioritize. School work comes before WoW. As long as you can keep that up(which is pretty hard, especially if you're taking online classes) then you'll be able to manage.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in my 5th semester as a mechanical engineering major and I play. Probably more than I should.
    Try to avoid it, but if you can't then manage your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    No, they do not.
    Yes they do. Go troll Comm 101

Well, its all about planning.. i'm in Buisiness engineering.. 5 years off theoritical lessons, needs alot of study.. yet i'm in a high-end guild. In januari & june are my examns, so thats when i lay back from raiding abit (my GM's aggreed with that), but during the year i'm there to raid when needed, but during the day ofc I make sure my lessons & practicums prepared / papers i make during the days aswell.

I you can make everything work in a nice planning, you can do what you want

My roomate an I both play WoW in college.
    So do many other people.
    Btw from the looks of it you'll want to check out their anime club.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in college and i play wow, I've met more people in college who play wow, then i ever did in high school.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Tons of people in college play. They are just illusive because they dont have as much time to devote as the 40 year old basement dwellers. :3

Magiq <Ascendants> - 85 BE Holy Priest - Ghostlands Server

Deleted
    hell yeah!

I played all the way through college. I graduated with a good GPA and a B.S. from a pretty good school. As long as you have some self-control and time-management skills it should be no problem playing WoW in college.

If you don't have any time-management skills you can do one of two things; not play WoW at all, or use it as a way to work on your time-management skills (that's what I did). If I wanted to raid Sundays I needed to make sure I had my work done beforehand. If I went to the library for a few hours after class, I'd let myself play some WoW that evening. Just that kind of thing worked really well for me.

Also, make sure you go out and experience things you wouldn't normally do. WoW can be a great hobby if you don't over do it, but College is a once in a life time experience - make sure you make the most of it.

I use to play wow, but now that I go to college, I don't have the time or money for it. :/

Premed and I play. Once midterms and final come closer I pretty much quit playing for a week or two but then I'm right back at it. Playing is not an issue as long as you can get your social, work, school, wow times scheduled and actually follow that schedule.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Why not i think someone plays WOW

I play/raid while going to school full-time and working part-time (used to work full-time as well!) and still maintain a 3.91 GPA. It's all about time management... Some people can do it, others cannot, and I've had several friends that have either done very poorly or dropped out of college altogether due to WoW. However, there are quite a few in my guild that go to school full time and still find time for daily heroics and a few hours, 2-3 days a week, to raid.

Really its all about what you think you can do. If you find yourself playing WoW instead of studying and keeping up w/ classwork, you may have a problem. If you are good at prioritizing and can do both, why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy.

Figure out what times you're in class.
    Figure out what times you're working.
    After your first few classes, figure out how much time you need to study.
    Work out a (decent) sleeping schedule.
    Work out an exercise & social schedule.
    Fit WoW in between.

Deleted
    I study programming, so yeah.. most people in my collega play WoW or atleast are active gamers. Way college works with this study is that you barely have classes, and spend literally 70%+ of your time working on project or stuff for other colleges OUTSIDE of classes, so most people take breaks, or stay home and work from there etc. And since most "gamers" generally don't spend too much time on homework etc (most gamers I know got through middle school so easily without ever really doing homework etc), so they tend to play a lot even on school, lol. I personally don't game on school for the simple fact I prefer to be free when I get home, so I try to get almost everything finished at college, oh and I don't like gaming on laptop.

Yeah I do, but as soon as I get into my school's Nursing program I'm going to be forced to quit most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Collage, yes, do my friends play? Yes

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Man finnaly came back from scheduling my schedule(lol). got the best times I think. All my classes are on monday tuesday and wednesday. I got the rest completely off woot. And I need a job now lol.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

I started playing wow around the same time I started college and by the time I really got into raiding it just so happens I took a semester off school. I sucked at prioritizing my HW so if you are not good at it, cancel your subscription and focus on school. Now im back at wow and just being a casual player. Not having to fulfill a raiding schedule is the only way I can do both. (I used to raid 16hrs a week + all that time jumping around capital cities)

Im at 6th semester of bachelors degree IT university, and ive been playing wow since early vanilla, raiding 2-3 times a week with very few interruptions related to school. It happens, but not very often. Just let your GM know in advance. Ofc shit happens - entire december was a mess for me, I made it to 85 but couldnt start gear farming untill right before newyears eve. Point is, its easy to make wow and studies work alongside eachother. My tip to you: Keep track of every upcoming deadline, and make a believable estimation of how much time you need to finish it. Plan ahead and its easy to make room for raiding. Hell I dont plan ahead one bit, and I have no issues making time for both. Then again im not an A-student, but I get by without failing stuff. Also if you are freshman, then common interests such as wow has a nice way of bringing people together.