Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonto View Post
    That would be your wife sitting passenger, telling you how to drive.

OMG so true, and hitting the imaginary brake telling me to slow down

Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    Another tank forgetting that you can't get the job done alone. Everyone pays attention and pulls their wait in Heroics or it's a train wreck. It's called teamwork. You are only as strong as your weakest link and that includes a weaksauce tank.
    DPS are the least important members of any group. If you fail there are two other people doing the same job as you to pick up your slack.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I solo bosses, son

All roles are very important. I am a tank first and foremost, and bad DPS can cause a run to not succeed, same as a bad healer or tank. But tanking is much more work than DPS in a dungeon heroic, probably less work in a raid.

I have to confess I do queue as a DPS for my PUG random (wife is a healer) as DPS is much more relaxing than tanking. In a PUG I will only takeover tanking after the tank has quit or been kicked. For the first time ever I spec'd DPS, and spec'd Arms the weaker DPS spec. I pull 9K without a clue how to play it, crappy gems, and missing enchants. What confuses me is the large number of 5K DPSers in heroics, how is that possible, as I have the lower DPS spec (fury is better) and I really don't watch procs, or worry about the best attack to use at the best time.

If it is a guild group I tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of us have been there. Our buddies want to go out and have a good time and they ask you to be the designated driver. While they're laughing and carrying on in the back, your stuck having to pay attention to the roads. Oh and the pressure is on you for them to uhh..not die.

While some enjoy being the designated driver and the responsibility, most would just rather put it on someone else and have a good time.

..and thats why there is a tank shortage.
    I tank drunk. I normally dont remember what happens. But they tell me I tank better drunk than I do sober sometimes... usually happens on a friday night or something, or after a happy hour. Anyways. I lvoe tanking, and I acutally thing its better than DPSing. It is much more exciting when you win.

Funny that healer decides if you live or die. Might one to dismount from your paper high horse.
    Please essentially the healer is your wife in the passenger seat plus she pays for the gas. Without you we're stuck. With you we're kind of annoyed that you didn't drive and we could drink in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I'm not on a high horse. I agree that without DPS and a healer a tank is nothing. What I'm saying is there's more pressure and responsibility on the healer and tank.
    this.

i am more relaxed when i simply dps as there are less responsibilities and my other 2 dps buddies can pick up the slack. unless there is a enrage timer, you can drag the fight on for a while with a good tank and healer and poor dps. cant say that about epic dps but poor tanks and/or healers. so that being said, i think it is clear what roles are more important. this is coming from a career dps guy that has recently made the switch to tanking and some healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I'm not on a high horse. I agree that without DPS and a healer a tank is nothing. What I'm saying is there's more pressure and responsibility on the healer and tank.
    I totally agree with you, but sometimes the DPSers also have some pressure. Not every fight can be prolonged forever. Healers go OOM at some point. But, yes, there is ALWAYS pressure and responsibility on the tank and healer. =]

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    DPS are the least important members of any group. If you fail there are two other people doing the same job as you to pick up your slack.
    Don't forget, there are plenty more in the queue just waiting to get in as well.

I will say, though, DPS may be the least important, but they are still important nonetheless.
    A tank and healer alone can't get it done (at appropriate gear levels).

Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    Where's the healer in that picture?
    The Friend who doesnt Drink, but smokes pot, so he isnt really safe to drive either.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Another tank forgetting that you can't get the job done alone. Everyone pays attention and pulls their wait in Heroics or it's a train wreck. It's called teamwork. You are only as strong as your weakest link and that includes a weaksauce tank.
    Sorry, but you're wrong, if one dps screws up, you can recover, if the tank screws up, it's a wipe. DPS are NOT as important as the tank, however, the dps AS A GROUP are. Obviously if ALL the dps dies, you're probably going to wipe.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Well, leveling my Warrior-toon, I pug a lot as a tank.
    I usually push my group quite a bit and mostly end up being No1 dps...that's quite fun.

In that picture: does that make me a drunk driver?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, another DPS who thinks the only way to get a Heroic finished is with 3 random awful DPS, and not 3 of the tank's guildmates.

And that, boys and girls, is why the Random Dungeon Finder has a 45 minute wait for DPS.

I find playing Tank more relaxing than healiing so far in Cata. DPS is by far the least stressful.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much win in the first four posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimuladas View Post
    I find playing Tank more relaxing than healiing so far in Cata. DPS is by far the least stressful.
    That depends...
    In a tank&spank-fight, tanking is plainly boring.
    If you push your dps to the limit, dps'ing can be quite stressful, especially when you have other things to do (interrupt, CC, run out of poop etc)

Deleted
    Wow, best reply! /love comment.

I would say that being the driver is far worse than tanking but it's very easy to compare these two. It can be quite fun to push your TPS as far as possible and doing awesome aoe combos at trash packs but if someone screws up, the tank is most likely to get flamed. But that is only if the DPS/Healer is completely retarded and got no clue of what the mechanics are for that fight.

I have a couple friends who play tank/dps classes, they usually refuse to tank randoms. But when we make our own group, what they say is "lol I don't have anything to do", because it's true, same for healer.
    Hunter, ele shaman and rogue dps. There's usualy 3 CC everytime, we mark our own CC, the rogue sap as I launch a trap then something becomes a frog. Tank pulls what's left, healer is dancing in the back.

Less CC = more dmg on tank, more chances of attacking the wrong target, more random aggro, more healing required, less mana for the healer, more people die, more time wasted rezing people.

The game is designed in such a way that every role has about the same importance, if you have good dps/CC it's easier for the tank/healer, if your tank and healers are awesome pro, you dont need to CC. If everybody is good, heroics take 30 minutes, not the bullshit 2 hours people cry about.

Some tanks make it even harder for themselves, I've seen a bunch of weirdos asking for CC but they're not even trying to move away once it gets CCed, they just stand in one place and mash buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    Where's the healer in that picture?
    Obviously the Barkeeper!

Kind of amusing when one states a DPS is important for interrupts and such when I rarely ever see them used. In some raid scenarios where if it could cost the raid, than yes I do see DPS on point but any other time, why bother when they could use that one click on a spell to kill the mob faster? The stress of being a DPS is nothing compared to tanking or healing and with today's community, never will be.