HELP ME PLEASE WOW error and bug ever since i did CCleaner

i did some registery cleaning

wow-update-13164.MPQ error
    img255.imageshack.us/img255/1158/83330453.jpg
    then got this

and i cant reinstall wow since i threw the CDs away in my old apt, and cant wait for blue response they take forever to fix shit

i deleted the file and tried to download it again but didnt help

You can download the game via battle.net

30 GB gonna take forever

Try using repair first.

Quote Originally Posted by enzo82 View Post
    30 GB gonna take forever
    yes it is.

Look like you will have to replace the discs you threw away. No other options really.

BTW, don't touch registeries, its just bad karma.

still not working evern after repair it takes 3-4 min launcher to show up on my screen and another 1-2 min till i get that error

Try using system restore to the day before you changed the registry. It's in start menu/all programs/accessories/system tools/system restore.

edit: You can also try removing that mpq file from the wow dir, then run the repair. See if it replaces it. If not just put it back

You can actually play after about 6GB. Just don't raid.

Deleted
    Wow puts almost ZERO information in the registry and indeed you can completely delete the Wow info in the registry and it repopulates as soon as you start the launcher. So whatever you did it has got bugger all to do with your registry. Doesn't an app like CCCleaner have a log of what it did? Or an undo option?

Never mess with the registery, if you want to clean it - format, and don't use shitty programs like CCleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Never mess with the registery, if you want to clean it - format, and don't use shitty programs like CCleaner.
    As a mod had already stated his cleaning of the registry has nothing to do with the error. Please stop spreading useless misinformation.

10+ Year Old Account
    i did some registery cleaning

wow-update-13164.MPQ error
    img255.imageshack.us/img255/1158/83330453.jpg
    then got this

and i cant reinstall wow since i threw the CDs away in my old apt, and cant wait for blue response they take forever to fix shit

i deleted the file and tried to download it again but didnt help
    Love how you are blaming the blues for you screwing up your install and them not fixing it. Maybe next time, don't mess with things you don't understand. You're going to need to reinstall the game, if you tossed the disks, to bad, you'll be downloading them. I'd suggest you get it going, it will take a while.

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    As a mod had already stated his cleaning of the registry has nothing to do with the error. Please stop spreading useless misinformation.
    This is true, and not true. The things about the allmighty "registry cleaners" is they don't just "clean/repair" the registry. Most of them "tweak" it to "make things faster". The point is, DON'T USE THOSE PROGRAMS. They are all scams and useless and cause more crashes than just about anything in the IT industry. But hey, they keep me in a job cause I get to fix the computer you guys keep running them on. CCleaner, not a reg cleaner by the way. It's just a "history" clean up tool really.

Quote Originally Posted by jditto View Post
    This is true, and not true. The things about the allmighty "registry cleaners" is they don't just "clean/repair" the registry. Most of them "tweak" it to "make things faster". The point is, DON'T USE THOSE PROGRAMS. They are all scams and useless and cause more crashes than just about anything in the IT industry. But hey, they keep me in a job cause I get to fix the computer you guys keep running them on. CCleaner, not a reg cleaner by the way. It's just a "history" clean up tool really.
    Love how everyone on forums work on computers for a living.

Do you have Cataclysm? As far as I know, each expansion had the entire game plus its expansions--at least, I was able to install BC and Wrath without having to use previous CD's.

I can't imagine you threw away Cata unless you recently moved, though there is a huge possibility you did the digital download ordeal, in which case downloading seems to be your only option if a recovery doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydest View Post
    Do you have Cataclysm? As far as I know, each expansion had the entire game plus its expansions--at least, I was able to install BC and Wrath without having to use previous CD's.

I can't imagine you threw away Cata unless you recently moved, though there is a huge possibility you did the digital download ordeal, in which case downloading seems to be your only option if a recovery doesn't work.
    Yes the Cata disk will install the base game as well as BC and WotLK. Also it's only about a 20gb download not a 30gb as was previously stated.

30 GB gonna take forever
    You are going to download it, and that's final. Or do you wan't one of these guys to send you a copy of their disks?

The error message is saying two things:

- You corrupted a couple of the wow library files
    - You can't access a wow patch server to resolve the problem

Looks like you might have multiple issues there, perhaps malware.

Quote Originally Posted by jditto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Love how everyone on forums work on computers for a living.
    Yea. Gotta love that.
    Jditto.. Some of those programs actually work, you know that?
    TuneUp Utilities 2010 saved my ass from a buttload of work when I first installed it. My computer has never run smoother after I installed it.
    Everything these programs do, you can do manually, but why would you? You can get a nice program to do all the hard work for you.
    There are fake optimization programs out there, but CCleaner or TuneUp Utilities aren't scams.
    Btw, I would love to see an official report stating that optimization programs 'causes more crashes than just about anything in the IT industry.'
    I'm convinced that if these programs cause damage to someones computer, then it's because the user messed with functions he knows nothing about.
    Blame the users, not the programs.

---------- Post added 2011-01-19 at 12:24 AM ----------

Oh..
    OT: Download the game. 30GB isn't gonna take long. In fact, I just reinstalled WoW on my laptop.. 3 hours and it's 100% ready with patches and everything. My laptop is old and my download speed isn't anything special either...
    You don't even need to have the whole game downloaded before you can log in!
    Last edited by Riboe; 2011-01-18 at 11:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    I've used Ccleaner for almost 10 years and NEVER had any problems with it or messing with wow. This isn't a ccleaner issue.

Go to your wow.exe folder and run the repair program, if that doesn't work, then your SOL and need to reinstall WoW. If you have the Cataclysm or Wrath DVD's then you don't need to download everything as the complete game is on both those disks.