Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Your tank has low armour, no mitigation stats and has to cast and channel spells while the boss punches them and interrupts it.
    The spec-choice bonus pet is a glorified walking DOT that provides a tiny, useless shield.
    Without a major overhaul this would be a useless spec that didn't do good DPS because it's optimised for tanking and also wouldn't be taken as a tank because they'd fall over dead whenever the boss so much as sneezed in their direction and wouldn't be able to complete a cast to hold aggro.

It wouldn't even be that challenging to fix, unfortunately you don't seem to be willing to listen to the opinions of others.
    Which makes me wonder... why did you post this here at all?
    I'm curious to your growing animosity. These numbers aren't final, everything is subject to change. I wanted to show a skeletal of what could be a new tanking class, not the entire thing. Yes, there are issues. Yes, things can be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    I'm curious to your growing animosity. These numbers aren't final, everything is subject to change. I wanted to show a skeletal of what could be a new tanking class, not the entire thing. Yes, there are issues. Yes, things can be changed.
    And when I (or anyone else!) tell you what the issues are and what to change, you tell me that I'm stupid and that you are going to ignore my posts
    Although I see you have now deleted your previous post that said "BRB, ignoring Imnick".
    Last edited by Imnick; 2011-01-19 at 01:46 AM.

Doesn't even make sense. Druids can tank because they used Dodge which they get from leather armor. It's an interesting idea but it's bad in execution. What you're proposing would mean blizzard has to make a completely different AGI based cloth armor just so warlocks can tank. A tank class based purely off absorbtion? We already have those, it's called any of the current tanking classes stacking NOTHING but stamina like in WoTLK.

You will basically just be a liability to any healer as you won't be able to dodge crap. If they make your absorb too good, then blizzard will make sure you get nerfed.

Tank classes shouldn't cast anything because being mobile is one of the keys to a tank. If you have to move around a crap ton, and your only source of threat is casting and channeling(and never mind that while you're casting, you are 100% chance to get hit.) Overall it's just a bad idea. Interesting, but that doesn't make it good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMuggles View Post
    The massive amount of posts on this makes me worried that Blizzard may pick up on it. I sure hope not, Warlocks have 3 very unique and awesomely designed talent trees, cutting one out to make space for a tanking tree would just suck.

Secondarily, every tank in the game now has the same hit cap and expertise cap to worry about, avoidance as a red thread making them all comparable, you can't block/dodge/parry while casting - so Warlock tanks would break this pattern and make tanking very inconsistent depending on your class.
    i know, and demo is one of the most warlockish tree's, with demons, hand of guldan and meta of course! being aff very similar to spriests and destro to fmages
    i sure hope that blizz never tries to make demo a tanking tree, or at least make it something unique and make it the super uber tanking spec wich i doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    And when I (or anyone else!) tell you what the issues are and what to change, you tell me that I'm stupid and that you are going to ignore my posts
    Although I see you have now deleted your previous post that said "BRB, ignoring Imnick".
    You mad bro?

And I fail to see where I called someone stupid.

I converted the previous post into that. Let me repeat:

"brb, ignoring Imnick's posts"

no, just no.
    not fussed if they make fights so ranged dps could tank a boss at a certain fase but this is just to far

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    You mad bro?

And I fail to see where I called someone stupid.

I converted the previous post into that. Let me repeat:

"brb, ignoring Imnick's posts"
    And a pretty fine job you did ignoring me too
    Once you start accepting that there are things wrong with your imagined spec and making fixes than I will gladly stop making the kind of posts that give you the idea that I am a "mad bro", so far all you have done is come up with flimsy excuses that don't actually stand up in the game and refused to change your mind on any of the talents that you have used.
    And instead of coming up with a rebuttal to any of my points tell me that I'm mad and pretend you'll ignore my posts (although I'm sure a reply to this will pop up some times in the near future).

You've even ignored all of these other poor people who are also making suggestions, just so that you can make a silly post about me!
    My favourite was the pet tanking tree idea, but that would require you to scrap absolutely everything so I doubt you'd pick up on that one.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2011-01-19 at 02:13 AM.

----------
    Last edited by Hisholyness; 2017-03-08 at 01:54 AM.