Thread: World First?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World First?

So I just got out of MC with two of my friends and to our surprise, BOTH Bindings of the Windseeker, AND the Eye of Sulfuras dropped in the same run!! At first we were all in shock, and only realized later how insane this is. Now, I was wondering if this has ever happened before? Or if we're the first group to encounter this great luck.

Before we went into MC, Pharaoh was only missing the Right Binding to complete his Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker. Senior got the Left Binding + Eye of Sulfuras. Shizumaru already made his Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros, a couple weeks earlier.

Server: Eredar US
    Faction: Horde

Rogue: Pharaoh
    Warrior: Senior
    Druid: Shizumaru

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt that has not been done before.

Even if this has happened before, that's some insane luck.

Had both bindings drop on one run for my rogue mate called tseng (now he has a funny e on his name he is on darksorrow!)

funny enough it was on a farm run at level 70 for my ingots as I had the eye and was farming matS

i hate you with a passion, ran it yesterday as i have done every week for 18 months solo, and still no drops whatsoever for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    i hate you with a passion, ran it yesterday as i have done every week for 18 months solo, and still no drops whatsoever for me.
    Join the club brother

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    I saw the Left Binding and the Eye of Sulfuras drop in one run the other week.

Lucky you, I already have my Hand of Sulfuras and am trying to get the binding off Baron Gedon as I already have Garr's, then ill be done with that place forever!(ofcorse after I get exalted aswell )

But Grats on the legendarys and guild achievements

Deleted
    'World first'

I think they need to design a realm first achievement for this.

Deleted
    Sharing is caring, share some luck please? No but, Congratulations, I have been in there for like a year and nothing ever dropps for me

It took me about 5 weeks of farming to get both bindings and this was during wrath when for some reason i felt bored and heard about the guild achievement so I decided to go for that legendary. 1st binding dropped 2nd week, 2nd binding dropped 5th week and got the weapon right after that. Still working for the sulfuras eye and still no luck after obtaining thunderfury. Probably bad luck or it just hates me. . I congratulate you for getting all 3. Thats hella lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate you = )

Deleted
    It's not a world first. Do you know how many MC runs that have been made over these 5 years?

I had both mounts drop in a ZG run, the chanse of that is smaller.

Deleted
    If you go into excel and generate random numbers from -5 to 5 and you will take the arithmetic average you will get 0.00xxxxx after a over a million numbers.

If each item has a dropchance of 0.001% that would make a total chance of all there dropping one to ten billion. So I guess you can be statistically safe to say thats a world first (luck nonetheless)

Deleted
    Stupid world firsts... I've had this happen once for me and my friend on the mazrigos server during naxx / ulduar, we got both bindings AND the eye while 2 manning.

he transfered and renamed, so I don't know his new name, but his old was artemiz.

Lol that's damn lucky... Extremely lucky. Did they boost drop rates since vanilla?

But my vanilla guild didn't do much worse, we had 2x thunderfury and 2x sulfaras.
    Our raid leader had both thunderfury and sulfaras, which was at that time OMGWUT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snore View Post
    It's not a world first. Do you know how many MC runs that have been made over these 5 years?

depends on the individual dropchances. If you went ZG once and both dropped the chances are 1 or 100% if you prefere.
    If you run MC 100 times and nothing drops the chance is calculated as 0.

Lets assume the dropchances of your mounts is ten times smaller than the chance of the MC items.
    0.001 mount (0.001^2=0.000001)
    0.01 bindings and eye (0.01^3=0.000001)
    that makes 0.000001 chance for both mounts or all three legendarys to happen in one run. so before you fart nonsense into the forums about how leet your luck is go do the math and only if its theoretical basics
    I assume the chances of the bindings dropping is less than 1:100 more like the mount chance. thats 0.000000001 and I dont think MC has been run a billion times. that would mean that everybody playing the game NOW would have to do MC for 2 years every week.
    Last edited by mmocdbbb194638; 2011-01-19 at 09:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    If you go into excel and generate random numbers from -5 to 5 and you will take the arithmetic average you will get 0.00xxxxx after a over a million numbers.

If each item has a dropchance of 0.001% that would make a total chance of all there dropping one to ten billion. So I guess you can be statistically safe to say thats a world first (luck nonetheless)
    Each item has a drop chanse of 3-4%, what are you talking about?

I had been running MC for nearly 2 years trying to make my thunderfury when finally baron dropped his binding. Garr also dropped his and I gave it to the priest that grinded MC with me and the eye that dropped in the run went to the druid for her mace. So yes, it does happen. Abet extremely rare.
    "Gauging the health of a game by reading its forums is akin to gauging the health of a community by visiting its hospitals." - Ghostcrawler quoting someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Snore View Post
    I don't believe it is. The odds of having all 3 drop in one run are (going by the drop chances reported on wowhead) 0.04*0.04*0.03 = ~4.8E-5. That's about 1 in 20833. Meanwhile, if the drop chances of each mount in ZG were 1%, the odds of seeing both drop in one run would be a much nicer 1 in 10000. And I think they were more like 2% so its probably closer to 1 in 2500.

On topic though, it seems like there's at least a reasonable chance it's happened before. That doesn't change the fact that you are one lucky ddaawwwgggggggggg though.