Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by azolan View Post
    Since when can you reforge primary stats?
    You cannot, i dont know what i was thinking there. Thanks for catching that. Updated
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Alchiadus View Post
    Against TSG or other plate heavy teams it's worth using over WF/FT or WF/FB.
    The damage is pretty nice while WF doesn't do much on plate in my experience.
    I go windfury/flametounge for maximum damage and keep earthbind down to snare the other team while removing snares from my own. Keeps them moving slow and keeps us moving fast it's awesome.

So I was really excited to give this a chance because of how ele is atm, and I am not impressed. Am I just lacking experience or are Enhance shammies really this squishy? Granted it was a feral druid/rogue, but when we face them I have no time to even attack. Are they just Op or is there a play style I dont know?

My comp is a unholy DK and I am an enhance shammy. I have 2600resil, but still I figured this would be enough at lower lvls. We just played a DK/Pally, I popped everything I had and still seemed to fall so quickly. Any tips?

Edit: I am obviously doing something wrong as other enhance shammies don't drop as quickly as I do. I been going over everything, but besides resil I don't know what else ican change. I have 113k health.
    Last edited by Ajvkorn; 2011-01-20 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajvkorn View Post
    So I was really excited to give this a chance because of how ele is atm, and I am not impressed. Am I just lacking experience or are Enhance shammies really this squishy? Granted it was a feral druid/rogue, but when we face them I have no time to even attack. Are they just Op or is there a play style I dont know?

My comp is a unholy DK and I am an enhance shammy. I have 2600resil, but still I figured this would be enough at lower lvls. We just played a DK/Pally, I popped everything I had and still seemed to fall so quickly. Any tips?

Edit: I am obviously doing something wrong as other enhance shammies don't drop as quickly as I do. I been going over everything, but besides resil I don't know what else ican change. I have 113k health.
    I'd be able to help you much better if you provided an armory link
    However that being said, totem twisting is VERY important in arena and should be mastered in BGs first. Learn how to 1v1 every class and figure who you can take down easy.
    In 2s almost everyone and their mom tunnels the shammy first, with a DK as your partner you dont have alot of CC and only one peel. Keep earthbind down 100% of the time vs melee teams, this will give you the mobility advantage. Learn to kite anything wearing plate via frost shock/UE/earthbind.
    With a UH DK as your partner you are gonna need a very well timed hex->pet stun->strangulate->interrupt combo to take down anything with a healer. Practice makes perfect and vent helps
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

I agree with tangster. You're going to have to get good at 1v1 for 2s. The strat I would use against the Feral/Rogue team is to split them up and keep them in the open away from pillars if you both try to focus on one the feral will rip you to shreds or the rouge will just keep stunning you while the feral bleeds you and runs to kite and pillar hump. Stay just a few yards away from your partner you'll need to be close together for the switch and you want the DK to save death grip.

If you're playing with no vent or skype you and your team mate need to watch each other for the sap. To prepare for the feral opener and the rouge following up. If the Rogue shows first start wailing on him don't pop wolves yet. When the feral shows up you should take the feral and leave the DK to the rogue. Put stone claw down to slow them both. Pop wolves, Bloodlust, rape the feral. The rouge should have vanished if he's down to 50% HP. This is where your partner switches to the feral to help finish him off. Wait for the rogue to show again put him on focus, focus hex him. You should have 2-4 seconds before the trinket. That should give you enough time to finish the feral.

It also helps if your DK partner knows how to control his pet. He can get the 3 second stun on the rogue with gnaw after the trinket and buy you some more time.

After the druid dies. If wolves are still up spirit walk (sprint) and pop spirit walkers grace while you run to a pillar to heal from the ticking bleed damage. This is why it's important for the DK to save death grip. The rouge will try to finish you off and stun lock you while you try to heal or pillar hump He'll shadow step, sprint and stun lock you while you're running. The DK can just death grip him back to buy you time to reach cover.

---------- Post added 2011-01-20 at 06:58 PM ----------

Against the pally/DK again this will take precision if the paladin is holy.

Focus target the paladin. The Dk will be the kill target. Wolves >Bloodlust while you wind shear the paladin. Your DK will need to focus strangulate the paladin. You'll follow this up with a focus hex. The paladin will trinket. You'll windshear the first heal. Second heal will probably be a big slow casting heal. Your death knight will have to focus deathgrip the second Big heal to interrupt it. Finish the enemey DK while keeping an eye out for more heals from the paladin. If you're a tauren, if the paladin is close enough after the death grip and windshear is on cooldown you can interrupt another paladin heal with a war stomp.
    Last edited by Meklol; 2011-01-20 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meklol View Post
    When the feral shows up you should take the feral and leave the DK to the rogue. Put stoneclaw down to get your shield up then earthbind to keep them slowed . Pop wolves, Bloodlust, rape the feral. The rouge should have vanished if he's down to 50% HP. This is where your partner switches to the feral to help finish him off. Wait for the rogue to show again put him on focus, focus hex him. You should have 2-4 seconds before the trinket. That should give you enough time to finish the feral.
    Fixed for ya mek
    Like i said before, dueling both these classes 1v1 will help. keep magma totem down and spam fire nova on CD to try and pop him out of stealth or at least make him use feral charge/shadowstep to get to you
    Hit shammy rage on the opener and wait for the kidney shock to trinket. Drop stoneclaw>earthbind>flame shock him asap and keep it up. Turn and burn him in the face, you can put out WAY more damange then he can if you are facing each other. Save wolves for when (if) he disarms you. When (if) he does, frost shock root him and let searing totem and wolves tear him up while you wait for disarm to fade.

The hardest part of this fight is the cloak>vanish>reopen. As soon as you see him cloak and run, start healing up and get your stoneclaw sheild up ASAP to get ready for the reopen. Get a sheild swap macro and put it on. Sit through the stun lock, turn and stormstrike him to get maelstorm procs up for a heal. He's outta cooldowns, so now its just a dps race. Hard fight to be sure, but not impossible.

If he cloaks and trys to kill you instead of vanishing. wait for cloak to fade, hex him and heal (if needed). If get a flame shock back on him and punish him for being an idiot. Best of luck

Edit: If he pops evasion, root his ass and let searing totem eat him while you wait for it to fade, heal if you need to, if not use the maelstrom stacks (doesnt have to be 5) to LB him. UE him too, remember evasion only allows him to dodge melee attacks, not spells.
    Last edited by Tangster; 2011-01-21 at 12:01 AM.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Hi my name is Coldbear and I'm working on a "Best of Wow Pvp" movie series featuring as many awesome pvp scenes as I can find (with permission from the authors generally) in order to try to get people to be excited about world pvp and whatnot again.

I'm having trouble finding good Enhancement Shaman videos (Unbreakable/Warfox' Kamikaze excepted).

Anyone care to help, please PM me or hit my blog (link in sig) as I probably won't check this thread too often.

Oh yeah ^^ good post tangster. Hopes this is helpful for you Ajvkorn.

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    Hi my name is Coldbear and I'm working on a "Best of Wow Pvp" movie series featuring as many awesome pvp scenes as I can find (with permission from the authors generally) in order to try to get people to be excited about world pvp and whatnot again.

I'm having trouble finding good Enhancement Shaman videos (Unbreakable/Warfox' Kamikaze excepted).

Anyone care to help, please PM me or hit my blog (link in sig) as I probably won't check this thread too often.
    What kind of videos are you looking for? Like highlight reels or voiceovers on how to duel certain classes. Because i'm currently working on Enhance shammy vs class videos. You are more then welcome to link them as soon as im finished. (might not be till the end of feb. i'm swamped with work atm). Unfortunately i dont have any highlight reels of me
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post

Not a lot of Enhancement world pvp movies The one's i've seen have been arena and battleground movies.

Redmist, Ironeye, Zagine's tetris trance series, and Diablous.

I apologize for no armory link. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajvkorn/simple ...Hopefully it will stay enhancement but i'll be sure to log out in that gear.

I apologize for no armory link. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajvkorn/simple ...Hopefully it will stay enhancement but i'll be sure to log out in that gear.
    Looks pretty good to me man! Missing some enchants but i wouldnt enchant blues either :P. i do recommend getting your other two blue set pieces tho, the extra resil will help and the 4 set bonus will crank up your damage and survivability substantially (more healing/LBs via more maelstorm procs)

What will help you the most is practice practice practice. Knowing when to go defensive and hex>heal, when to use your MSW for healing and when to use it for LBs. All these things will go a long way toward you surviving longer. Good luck!

Edit: something that will help, keep stoneclaw on CD and use MSW for healing if under 75% health and being attacked.

Edit 2: Completely missed this the first time. Get yourself spell pen capped asap. otherwise you'll find yourself missing key interrupts and purges
    Last edited by Tangster; 2011-01-21 at 02:20 PM.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Ya I wasn't sure if spell pen mattered, but i'll make sure to do that. Thank you.

errm let me rephrase. I wasn't sure if spell pen mattered for melee, but I get why it does since Purge/Hex are considered *spells*.

btw, what would be the best comp for an enhancement shaman?
    Last edited by Ajvkorn; 2011-01-21 at 06:19 PM.

Ya I wasn't sure if spell pen mattered, but i'll make sure to do that. Thank you.

errm let me rephrase. I wasn't sure if spell pen mattered for melee, but I get why it does since Purge/Hex are considered *spells*.

btw, what would be the best comp for an enhancement shaman?
    Take look back at the guide under the "comps" section by meklol. There are some popular comps in there. Enhance shammys are not very good on healer/dps teams but really shine in double dps comps. So far my personal favorites are rogue/me or frost mage/me
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

I keep forgetting to ask this, but about hit cap in pvp. I am at 4.56% spell hit and 9.89% melee hit. I feel most of our damage comes from auto attacks and I seem to miss a lot(which I understand why). Are my hit ratings normal or do I need to buff them up some? The guide isn't 100% sure on the number so I thought i would ask in here and in case anyone else is wondering.

I keep forgetting to ask this, but about hit cap in pvp. I am at 4.56% spell hit and 9.89% melee hit. I feel most of our damage comes from auto attacks and I seem to miss a lot(which I understand why). Are my hit ratings normal or do I need to buff them up some? The guide isn't 100% sure on the number so I thought i would ask in here and in case anyone else is wondering.
    Your hit is fine, to cap our white hits we need ALOT of hit rating and its not worth it. PvE enhance shammys dont even try to cap their white hits. I promise (if you are doing it right), most of your damage is NOT from auto attacks

However if anyone would like to confirm the number i put in the guide, that would be greatly appreciated. i know its very close im just not sure if its spot on
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
    Your hit is fine, to cap our white hits we need ALOT of hit rating and its not worth it. PvE enhance shammys dont even try to cap their white hits. I promise (if you are doing it right), most of your damage is NOT from auto attacks

However if anyone would like to confirm the number i put in the guide, that would be greatly appreciated. i know its very close im just not sure if its spot on
    5%, not sure whether it was in the guide or not.

I like the guide, but I'd like to add a few things - though please bear in mind I tend to focus too much on tiny details (IE being obsessive about the frost shock root) and often look at things differently to others.

1. Perhaps you could emphasize the frost shock root more, it is an AMAZING ability in my opinion, it's brilliant peel for your team mates and can act as it's own gap closer in addition to being very useful for controlling the opposing team's melee players when you are focussing down a healer or caster/hunter. Combining it with an instant hex on the opposing team's dispeller can give yourself and your teammates some very important breathing space.

2. Frostbrand UW 70% snare is excellent, and don't forget the snare is UNDISPELLABLE in addition to having really long range. You can use it to great effectiveness by slowing an opposing team's healer with is from a long distance (IE range kiting paladins) whilst using a stun on your kill target behind a pillar out of the line of sight of said healer. The healer will have a very hard time getting to their partner and it may even force a trinket on your kill target. It's pretty damn awesome for kanye cleave and when laced into a CC chain it can be very deadly. Not to mention the peeling capabilities.

3. My opinion on weapon enchants: Currently I prefer FB mainhand and FT offhand for lava lash. I can't stand having a weaker lava lash, don't know why but when I use FB offhand with WF mainhand I just feel uneasy knowing that my lava lash could be stronger. Currently we often need to keep tremor totem down and be careful with earthbind usage and try to be as creative as possible when it comes to hiding tremor WHILST on the move trying to score a kill, and I prefer using earth shock for damage for obvious reasons so I need the frostbrand snare so badly (undispellable = godlike). However, with tremor totem changes in the next patch, flametongue nerf and windfury buff I see myself using WF mainhand and FT offhand with frequent frost shocks/maintaining earthbind totem to keep my opponent rooted. Bearing in mind this is all in BGs as in arena you should have a partner that can maintain snares so you can use WF / FT for optimum damage.

4. This applies to all damage reducing cooldowns. I'd highly recommend you add in a sentence or two about using shamanistic rage BEFORE the big damage comes in. This will help alot, as 30% is a massive amount. For example, I tend to use it the instant I see that I have a colossal smash debuff on me (even more important if the warrior has deadly calm active too), when I have 5 stacks of deadly poison w/ rupture and maybe garrote on me at the same time, the instant deep freeze comes up (think you mentioned this though), when a DK pops pet godmode + gargoyle, another enhance shaman pops wolves, a feral opens on you with pounce (will heavily reduce the pressure as it will make his bleeds much weaker) or when he uses berserk... I'm sure there's plenty more but you see what I mean? With the way healers work atm it makes it SO much easier for your own healer and helps tremendous amounts to maintain pressure and reduce your opponent's pressure.

5. This might sound strange (I warned you) but something I noticed in arena is that if an opponent with an available interrupt on you is to hardcast a greater healing wave for a split second or so (as if to fake cast) and they'll sometimes interrupt it reactively (be careful of your maelstrom charges). This can be amazing for your healer, especially when playing against mages.

That's what I can think of right now, apologies if I've said things in the guide and also I'm sorry for being so long-winded. Great work already though.

@projexion

Those are all very impressive notes/observations, some i plan to add to my own gameplay. Thank you very much for adding them. However since this guide mainly focuses on gearing and specing i dont think i have a place for most of it, regardless of the fact that it is extremely valuable information for any enhance shammy to consider. There is a section about arena comps but i'm trying to stay away from making it to specific because like i said, this is not a how-to-play guide. I will put an emphasis on specing into frozen power for the root and how good FB UE can be for kiting though. Thanks a bunch!
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

For those having troubles with survivability, probably the best thing you can do is get your totems down before they rush you! If you see a warrior heading straight at you, drop your totems (most importantly stoneclaw w/ glyph) before he charges/stuns/knocks you down. Against a geared warrior and without much resilience you can easily be at 50% health by the end of it if he has a ton of rage to begin with. Shamanistic Rage is also usable while stunned so if you fear that everyone is going to go for you off the bat for a quick kill don't be afraid to use it.

For those that are having trouble against druids/rogues, the best thing to do would be to pick a choke point or a path that you think they are most likely to take to you and your team. First place a stoneclaw totem for the shield, then place an earthbind and a magma totem in the path/choke point. The earthbind totem will slow them and make it more likely that magma will tick while they pass through it, if they are sprinting. Don't be afraid to use wolves defensively too. If you are somehow able to get wolves off in between stuns they can heal you while they go to town on your health. When you get out you can stun them and use spirit walk to get to a far away pillar and heal. Hopefully if they are still following you at this point your team mate can damage them and kite them freely while they rush over to your pillar to try to kill you. If they are stupid enough to continue to try to finish you off, just keep kiting them and let your team mate whittle them down.

Im a big cast-sequence guy. I see many abilities I will always use one before the other. This is my top secret healing macro:

/castsequence [target=] reset=combat/8 Greater Healing Wave, Healing Surge, Healing Surge, Healing Surge

I actually use 3 of these macros. the first one for me and or friendly targeted. The next two are for my 3's partners, bound to F1 and F2.

/castsequence [target=Madeline] reset=combat/8 Greater Healing Wave, Healing Surge, Healing Surge, Healing Surge

This macro the first time you hit it is Insta greater healing wave (assuming you have MW5), If I mash it it will spam healing surge.

here are some other cast-sequence macros I use:

/castsequence reset=combat/7s Unleash Elements ,Flame Shock ,Lava Burst

/castsequence reset=combat/8 Grounding Totem ,Windfury Totem

And some multi use macros:

/startattack
    /cast Purge
    /petattack

/startattack
    /cast Berserking
    /cast Spiritwalker's Grace