Conclave Heroic - How to deal with Wind Blast (Rohash)?

Hey,

Our guild is progressing hard on Conclave of the Four Winds 25 Heroic, but we find Rohash platform to be the hardest platform, due to Wind Blast RNG. Usually we got like 3-4 melee, 4-5 ranged and 2 healers. We stack up in two tight groups on the opposite sides of the boss. We heard that he should cast Wind Blast directly on one person, so while using 2 groups we could predict the pattern and move properly (step counter clock wise and trick wind blast) , but sometimes he casts wind blast directly right of us (nobody is standing there) and we find it hard to run away clockwise, as the wave is catching up fast and there is usually tornado roaming.

I would really appreciate some tips and informations from players who killed this boss on heroic or struggling with it.
    Big thx in advance
    sultan
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

Every time I was there he just chose a random direction for the windblast. So maybe instead of 2 groups make 3-4. use your raid mod (DBM, BW etc) to check when wind blast is coming and try to begin to run before the cast even starts (DBM was quite spot on for us).
    while is he is casting Wind blast is isn't doing anything so tell your hunters to use Aspect of the Pack. that 30% really help. Druids can also use their roar (short time movement speed boost thingie). if you have a holy priest with Body and Soul he/she can shield someone who is close to being hit.
    It's certainly really hard because of the speed of the wind blast wall and the randomness.

A few tips which helped me on this encounter:

1. Zoom your camera out using the maxfactor macro, I can't remember it off hand and can't log in atm, but I found this helped for overall perspective.

2. If you're stood at range to avoid tornadoes, move towards the boss and onto the main area of the platform. If you stay at range, you will not outrun the wind blast as he rotates too quickly.

3. The wind blast always rotates clockwise, if you're quick to spot that it's targeted on you then you can try running anti clockwise to avoid this.

4. Use the predictable nature of the wind blast to help you, if memory serves he casts them when he's at:

40 energy (just after the first shield)
    1st Ultimate
    he casts 1 slicing gale before doing wind blast after doing the first ultimate, make sure your dps have Rohash on focus so they don't jump back too early.
    60 energy before 2nd ultimate.
    2nd Ultimate
    He then casts 3-4 slicing gales, re-summons his tornadoes then does a Wind Blast, we had our dps jumping back immediately after the ultimate and then avoiding it.
    70 energy before 3rd ultimate (your dps might have to jump during this to make it to Nezir's platform for that ultimate)
    3rd Ultimate
    15 energy (i think), nuke and kill him.

5. Be smart, we had a disc priest and full melee on Rohash's platform, so we used the PW:B in melee range, which made it easy to avoid wind blast, so focus on the predictable nature and get your movement right and you should be fine.

Deleted
    "
    Quote Originally Posted by Anguin View Post
    A few tips which helped me on this encounter:

1. Zoom your camera out using the maxfactor macro, I can't remember it off hand and can't log in atm, but I found this helped for overall perspective.
    "/console cameradistancemax 50" works atleast if you want to zoom out a lot, regular is 20 i think, or 16, using 20 myself.

Hm, I might be wrong, but when he casts the stormshield the direction he is facing then is the direction he is going to cast the wind blast, so when you see him casting the stormshield, go counterclockwise and be safe.

Well, /console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4 is the farthest you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Fereh View Post
    Hm, I might be wrong, but when he casts the stormshield the direction he is facing then is the direction he is going to cast the wind blast, so when you see him casting the stormshield, go counterclockwise and be safe.
    This may very well be true, unfortunately I haven't tried the encounter in 2 resets due to other bosses being tried.

10+ Year Old Account
    We made two groups. Range and melee. Range were positioned nearest the air lift to nezir. A few seconds before the wind blas the range would run in close to melee range and we would just ry to find an open area away from tornadoes and then watch his cast bar for Wind Blast. he will rotate while cassting so you normally have a second to decide if you are gonna go rigght and bypasss it or go left and run ahead of it. If any of us did go left we would skirt along the boss just about runnign inside of him at times as it is easy to outrun it if you are clsoe and near to imossible if you are near the edge. Pretty much have to just learn the hit radus of the tornadoes and dance around them. Ther were still a few random times when he would be rotate one way while casting the wind blast then as soon as the cast finished he would just be facing the otehr way instantly. Could be a minor bug. But it doesnt happen too often usually.