Deleted

"Trust is your Weakness"

I heard c'thun this morning. Seriously. Logged my banker - Don't have any addons on him or anything. Just sorting stuff in mid org and suddenly "Trust is your weakness"

Got excited but left it. An hour later I heard it again, on my Main doing dalies.

Now I'm sure I saw a thread about this somewhere but I couldn't find it for the life of me so forgive me. But I'd like to say I was alittle skepticle when I first read that thread, I thought It could have been an addon or something - but now I'm kinda excited.

Guildies have heard him too. I was thinking we'd be seeing Raggy before anything else. Could this mean C'thun will be our next encounter?

Deleted
    Very interesting

Deleted
    I have heard him in eastern plaguelands while leveling arc I picked up a troll fragement and got 'You will die'

10+ Year Old Account
    You can hear him every time you loot a scroll, tablet, etc. It doesn't even have to be from a digsite. Buying them on the AH and fishing them out of your mailbox will trigger the audio as well.

Deleted
    Hmm didnt have any on my character or anything like that. Weird. Awesome though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    Could this mean C'thun will be our next encounter?
    Or maybe you simply have an addon installed that plays that sound whenever you loot a green fragment. If I should guess I'd say archeo helper.

Deleted
    Don't got anything like that installed. I've got Nothing to do with arch anymore. Used too but I've given up on arch completely. My banker doesnt use any addons either- literally none.

All I got out of my mailbox were a few volatile waters. And then when I was on my mage I was doing dragonmaw dalies when I heard it.

I had this start happening a few weeks ago and nearly drew myself crazy, I had no idea what was happening or how it was activating.
    It kind of spoiled it for me when I found out how/why it was happening.
    Its from the newest version of DBM, 'Make Archeology more interesting' option. Triggers when you loot Archeology Keystones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I had this start happening a few weeks ago and nearly drew myself crazy, I had no idea what was happening or how it was activating.
    It kind of spoiled it for me when I found out how/why it was happening.
    Its from the newest version of DBM, 'Make Archeology more interesting' option. Triggers when you loot Archeology Keystones.
    I did pick up a keystone when i heard it was first time id ever got a keystone and had recently updated my DBM's so i could see if the worms on tron council where targeting me.

Well my mystery solved.

Deleted
    Wasn't doing anything archeology related. Haven't been doing anything related to arch for weeks. Haven't touched a single table or artifact - I've not had the time to even think about leveling it either.

Deleted
    Well, "Trust is your weakness" is more of a Yogg-Saron sentence, but "You will die" is definitively C'thun (which is strange, since Yogg is the Old God of Death, and C'thun the one of Chaos).

There is definitively some lore going on around C'thun. He first appeard when Ahn Qiraj gates were opened (or, to be more precise, the gates were opened in order to defeat him). Then, he was killed when the Qiraji menace went extinct (that wasn't stated explicitly, but he was (and he's still) killed on a daily routine ingame, and at some point, WoW comics started referring to him as "dead"). During the Lich King assaults, while both Horde and Alliance were focused on Northrend, Cho'gall (using Med'an's body) began a rituel of resurrection to put C'thun back to life. Med'an successfully prevented him to do so (with the help of Valeera and Meryl), and the ogre was defeated. That was until Cho'gall's track was found again on the Twilight Highlands after the Cataclysm.

Since Cho'gall finally survived (well, until For The Horde killed him, of course), there is now an open question. What did he do after Med'an was released? Did he managed to complete the ritual, even without the precious child's body? Is C'thun recovering somewhere right now? That's possible. Old Gods aren't especially reputed for their easiness to kill.

Personally, I would love to see him again. His encounter when we was level 60 was totally amazing.

Deleted
    Well i know for a fact mine is because of DBM's now Cryowen give me an idea where the other voices may be coming from

Just a pure quess as i dont have this item or no anyone who does in game

http://www.wowhead.com/item=64482/pu...-of-yogg-saron

maby?