Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What old content can we hope to solo and with what spec?

So I'm about to hit 85 on my warlock and I've been thinking that I would want to pay a visit to old content - mainly raid bosses.

Can we solo Magtheridon easily? And how do you get those 5 channelers down fast before they spam heal each other?
    Is it possible to get Kael'thas down (without a demon, due to mind control)?
    Is there anything on the list, which drops decent gold (Magtheridon is 500g)?

I doubt you get maggy down solo for you need 5 people to interrupt the beems in time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor de Wolf View Post
    I doubt you get maggy down solo for you need 5 people to interrupt the beems in time
    Magtheridon has been soloed many times, some did it at 80 =)

You don't have to interrupt his AoE, if you can't heal through that you shouldn't bother trying. The hardest part is a) killing off the channelers or b) staying alive, wilhe they + magtheridon + the spawning infernals beat on you.
    Don't think you'll have the required DPS to down the channelers, except if you are good at seperatiing them with your demon or something.

thats at lv 70. Blast nova does about no damage now.

the beam damage is ridiciously low so you can ignore it. i 10-manned him with 70 (sunwell geared) an there we ignored the cubes aswell. as a warlock you can solo magtheridon without killing the adds. offtank them with your felguard and you're fine. kara was soloable with 80 (i've done it post 4.0). i heared that gruul's lair is soloable. a few bosses in ssc/tk should be soloable aswell, same with zul'aman. i bet my ass that kael will be soloable somtime in this expansion. eventually 372 geared already, who knows...

Deleted
    Youtube for some videos of different bosses and solo at the end and you might find some guides or see how ppl kill them, even though Warlock may not be the best solo class.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make your loc a dk and solo easy mode lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually Kael'thas is already soloable if your willing to devote hours of time to him, at least he is as a deathknikght paladin or druid. Not to sure about the other classes.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 93sika View Post
    Magtheridon has been soloed many times, some did it at 80 =)
    This. I have been soloing Magtheridon on my paladin since September with success every week. I did have to stop come 4.0 and the changes to block made the damage more than I could handle even with WoG spamming.

On topic, I don't know much about warlocks anymore, but I think it's safe to assume you can easily solo things like Molten Core, Karazhan, Zul'Aman (this one would probably be the most difficult in terms of full clear). Now as far as bosses go, I assume with proper planning and self-coordination you could solo Hydross, Loot Reaver, and maybe Solarian.

As far as spec goes, I have no idea, but I would assume either some form of Demonology or Affliction spec to maximize self/pet heals.
    Last edited by RemyRawr; 2011-01-19 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Proved myself wrong.
    "Honesty is a talent, and truth is a cure for ignorance." ~ Unknown
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~ Adam (Mythbuster) Savage
    "Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." ~ Bill Watterson
    "Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path." ~ Hero's Spirit

Deleted
    There is a video around somewhere of a french dude solo'ing Kil'Jaeden. I believe he is demo-spec and plays with a VW.

Deleted
    What I personally solo, is - imo - quite much.

First of all, go demo. This feels for me the best specc to solo in. You can do much with a felguard, due to the ammount of threath it does when lolstormin bosses/adds. Then, as second, you have Metamorphosis which basicly make you last way longer when a boss is hitting you, not to mention imp. hp, hs, hf, etc.

The bosses/instances that are easily solo'd are:
    - Molten Core (Possible Legandary included!)
    - Karazhan (Possible mount included!)
    - AQ40 up to twins. (some trashpacks might be bitchy, along with first boss)
    - Flame Leviathan (with some iLvL.)
    - Zul.. owait.

Bosses that are remotely harder;
    Onyxia10. I've tried it and got it down to 5%. Then i was pissed off and left. (Note that this one is a challenge and will cost some hours, timing of infernal/felstorm/demoform on adds is great priority)
    AQ20. I don't know wether it's hard, i've yet to try.
    Then, i also think razorscale is pretty soloable too. Gonna try that this weekend and see how hard he hits me / my pet.

EDIT:
    Don't go and solo stuff whenever you hit 85. That's worthless. Hit, Crit and Haste ratings are *insane* minimal, therefor you might want to get atleast a few 346+ pieces, in order to boost those 3 stats a little, not to mention your HP. Don't think being 85 would make the ultimate-solo-hero.

Deleted
    I tried AQ40 some time ago, to grind for rep and the mounts, but I couldn't get past the first boss. He kept MC'ing me, and without my Felguard he made mincemeat out of me. Maybe I did something wrong and didn't understand the mechanics of the fight, but I wiped. A lot. :P

BWL wasn't solo'able either, since you can't get past the first boss when you solo it.

Deleted
    BWL Indeed is, and even when first boss would have bin, it would be a pain since there's so much fire-immune bosses, making you rollin affliction/sbspam. Allthough there aint bad reasons to go just with 2 man to BWL.

I was never really into soloing raids/etc but recently decided to give a try at soloing TBC content and found it was rather easy, like someone said above, Magtheridon is the easiest to do of them and has the best reward considering time/effort (500g for 15mins job? kkthxbye).

I also soloed Supremus in BT but to reach that one you need at least 1 friend to help you get past Naj'entus though.

Next step for me obviously was Tempest Keep, taking Void Reaver and Solarian down so far, haven't yet tried Al'ar or Kael'Thas but they should be doable afaik.

Solarian - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmbP9_q7x9c
    Void Reaver - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkBJ4S9HbeU

Edit.

Almost forgot, demo is pretty much the way to go, a personal tank with 80k+ hp and felstorm does make things a lot easier.

And so far only Maggy has dropped 500g, other 25man bosses only 250g.
    Last edited by Kevian; 2011-01-19 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    AQ20. I don't know wether it's hard, i've yet to try.
    I did AQ20 solo(except for the flying boss that takes hours to kill as a melee) the day I dinged 85 on my feral druid(DPS spec and gear, hardly any soloing experience other than one MC run at 80), so locks should be able to do it as well. The first boss has an annoying hit debuff(you can avoid it, but hey, sometimes you screw up), but the others shouldnt be too hard to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    I did AQ20 solo(except for the flying boss that takes hours to kill as a melee) the day I dinged 85 on my feral druid(DPS spec and gear, hardly any soloing experience other than one MC run at 80), so locks should be able to do it as well. The first boss has an annoying hit debuff(you can avoid it, but hey, sometimes you screw up), but the others shouldnt be too hard to do.
    Certainly gonna try this anytime soon, But Razorscale is first on the list, along with an Onyxia revenge.

I wish they could increase the threat on the Voidwalker, making him more viable.

Magtheridon is perfectly soloable. The only problem being that he has a nasty habit of despawning during the fight. I think it has something to do with the earthquake knockaround he does.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    magtheridon is the easiest, ZA is soloable, MC is soloable, AQ20 is soloable, AQ40 up til twins is soloable, kara is soloable, gruuls lair is soloable (not sure about HKM but i did gruul solo at 80, im sure i could do maulgar now) a handful of bosses in SSC soloable, 3 bosses in TK, and i've been trying to solo kael, it's incredibly difficult as it requires a huge amount of dps in phase 3 to get all the advisors down at once plus any remaining weapons before kael'thas is thrown into the equation, best attempt is 90% on kael so far but i'm sure with enough practice i could get further. Anub'rekhan in naxx 10 is soloable, dunno about 25. Sartharion 10 is soloable. FL and razorscale in ulduar are soloable. There's probably a handful of others that can be soloed i just can't think of any right now.