Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So wotlk Heroics should also be fine then (:
    And yea, Kael'thas might have to wait until better cata gear.
    Last edited by SilverHeimdall; 2011-01-19 at 04:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    All 5 mans (heroic or not) pre-cataclysm are soloable, except maybe Oculus but who gives a shit about a vehicle boss.
    All pre-WOTLK raids are soloable, some of which no one has done because it's hard, but it is doable.
    Naxx25 could be mostly solo'd if it weren't for some issues with pet classes + boss abilities
    Sartharion is definately soloable.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    I guess gherkin beat me to it...

... again.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    All 5 mans (heroic or not) pre-cataclysm are soloable, except maybe Oculus but who gives a shit about a vehicle boss.
    All pre-WOTLK raids are soloable, some of which no one has done because it's hard, but it is doable.
    Naxx25 could be mostly solo'd if it weren't for some issues with pet classes + boss abilities
    Sartharion is definately soloable.
    Not entirely true as some encounters in BT and SWP (Naj'entus and Kalecgos specifically) are impossible to solo because of mechanics involved.

First thing to remember with soloing is that all bosses are in fact bosses, thus requiring 17% hit even if their trash does not.

As for spec, I like to use a 9/32/0 spec to make the most of both metamorphisis and siphon life, which gives me a healthy ability to keep myself alive (which is great against those naxx gargoyles...bastards) and a few cooldowns to burn to increase your dps (which is great against those naxx gargoyles...bastards).

BC 25 mans are largely doable up to t6, tho I can imagine downing a few bosses in BT and SP (Brutallus comes to mind if I can figure out a way to tank him while putting out like 15k dps or whatever is needed to down him)

My gear isn't quite where it should be, but I can imagine being able to down naxx 10 bosses. The only problem I run into with bosses like noth and patchwerk is that you need to output about 10k dps to beat their enrage timers, which will far outthreat anything my felguard is capable of. I'm thinking a better geared affliction spec with fel synergy would be able to deal with patchwerk, but that depends on how hard hateful strike hits and also being able to do some maaaaassive self healing. Noth requires demon spec because of the adds and their mortal strike, but I'm almost positive can be solo'd in this tier of gear. The key to outputting enough dps on that fight is remembering to refresh your dots on him right before he teleports so they're still ticking while he's up there. Saving felstorm for the second add pack of each wave might be helpful too.

In case you couldn't tell naxx is a work in progress for me :/

I've heard of Ony being done tho, and that DK on the front page has done Marrowgar and Sartharion, of which I'm sure at least Sarth can be done by a warlock if you can figure out the minibosses.

---------- Post added 2011-01-19 at 02:31 PM ----------

I also wanted to post in shear awe of the same dk tank being able to self heal himself to enrage at lvl 80 on sindragosa. I don't care if it's the 10m normal w/ a 30% buff, that's incredible...
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

So Demo is the only way to go on this stuff? I figured Affli drain tanking would be viable against at least some bosses.

And yeah, not everything is soloable. For example the first boss in AQ40 cant be done as far as I know since he'll just Mind Control you and reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlapse View Post
    So Demo is the only way to go on this stuff? I figured Affli drain tanking would be viable against at least some bosses.

And yeah, not everything is soloable. For example the first boss in AQ40 cant be done as far as I know since he'll just Mind Control you and reset.
    It depends on the fight. Generally if there's a mechanic that requires you to be the only person (no pet) I'd go affliction drain tank spec and hope for the best. If the boss has a tough enrage timer I'd go affliction for the better dps and not having to worry about threat. Otherwise Demo has much higher survivability with the tank

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    I did AQ20 solo(except for the flying boss that takes hours to kill as a melee) .

how did you get past his ability? it's a one shot if you don't down him before he does it

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks and Hunters can still uses 2 pieces of Tier 5, that both heals your pet/minion for 15% of your damages, even if T5 is old, wearing only 2 pieces shouldn't nerf your dps too much and you'll probably have over 100k health or close to it anyway.

This is how a hunter soloed Heroic Vortex Pinnacle, I don't know if it would be as usefull for a warlock, but it could be an idea to help you solo some more fights.

Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by clyponyx View Post
    Warlocks and Hunters can still uses 2 pieces of Tier 5, that both heals your pet/minion for 15% of your damages, even if T5 is old, wearing only 2 pieces shouldn't nerf your dps too much and you'll probably have over 100k health or close to it anyway.

This is how a hunter soloed Heroic Vortex Pinnacle, I don't know if it would be as usefull for a warlock, but it could be an idea to help you solo some more fights.

Best of luck
    we already have fel synergy which has the same effect, could be useful if you like having your pet tank EVERYTHING though. thanks :P

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    actually Kael'thas is already soloable if your willing to devote hours of time to him, at least he is as a deathknikght paladin or druid. Not to sure about the other classes.
    I'd like to see a video or read some stuff about that. A friend and I tried it once but weren't really prepared and just kinda decided not to bother with it. I mean, solo you wouldn't need to worry about the mind control, which would probably make it easier than having two people, depending on how you dealt with everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Volviga View Post
    I tried AQ40 some time ago, to grind for rep and the mounts, but I couldn't get past the first boss. He kept MC'ing me, and without my Felguard he made mincemeat out of me. Maybe I did something wrong and didn't understand the mechanics of the fight, but I wiped. A lot. :P

BWL wasn't solo'able either, since you can't get past the first boss when you solo it.
    I think the first boss only MCs once during the encounter, because when I went with my friend, he got MC'd near the end, and multiple runs after that, it always happened near the end. Maybe you could wear your pvp trinket? Unless he does reapply it, but I don't know,

If you do manage to get past him, everything up until Huhuran is a joke, but Huhu silences and sleeps you a lot, so I'm not sure how a warlock would deal with that. I don't remember all the strategies you were supposed to use, but I do remember that you had dedicated 'soakers' on Huhu and they all had to be closer to her than the rest of the raid, so you probably can't outrange it.

Twin Emps heal for 20000 a second when they are near each other, but I would bet a warlock could manage to separate the two of them and deal with it, somehow. C'thun is absolutely impossible to solo because when you enter p2 and go into the stomach, if no one is above ground, you instantly die. You don't take a certain number of damage, you literally just die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Twin Emps heal for 20000 a second when they are near each other, but I would bet a warlock could manage to separate the two of them and deal with it, somehow. C'thun is absolutely impossible to solo because when you enter p2 and go into the stomach, if no one is above ground, you instantly die. You don't take a certain number of damage, you literally just die.
    Nah, I don't even think the most competent warlock in the world could solo Twin Emps.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Just did Sapphiron for the achievement. Its doable, but it takes *ages* due to his drainlife.

so you bought a MMO, pay a monthly fee to be able to play with thousands of players, and then decide to solo things?

What is it with you? Is your attitude so special that you aint got friends? Or is it a normal warlock thing?

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    how did you get past his ability? it's a one shot if you don't down him before he does it
    Don't use a pet on Ayamiss. Also don't use Bane of Doom. That ability only gets used when there's more than one target available for Ayamiss; that's also why you shouldn't use Bane of Doom, the Ebom Imps that can summon do count as an additional target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    so you bought a MMO, pay a monthly fee to be able to play with thousands of players, and then decide to solo things?

What is it with you? Is your attitude so special that you aint got friends? Or is it a normal warlock thing?
    1.) It's fun to challenge yourself and see what you're capable of doing as your character reaches higher levels.

2.) Most people don't enjoy doing 3-4 year old content for shits and giggles unless there's something in it for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously hope Illidan will be soloable someday as a Warlock, there's a few drops from him that I want for lore purposes. Never tried at 85, though.
    "I have taught you many ways to kill a mortal, Kratos. Flesh that burns, bones that break. But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltronn
    GIRL BETTER BE QUIET MAKIN MA SAMMICH... ¬.¬

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post

It's 500g for 10 minutes of work. Also 0/10 fail troll.

i know you said mainly raids but old dungeons are always nice to and easy rep