Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    There is a video around somewhere of a french dude solo'ing Kil'Jaeden. I believe he is demo-spec and plays with a VW.
    1) Aggro Kil'Jaden
    2) Cast Enslave Demon
    3) ????
    4) Profit

OT: there was a lot of chatter about soloing magtheridon back in Wrath, should be easy. I remember being able to solo Ony (lvl 60). God that was fun. Kara can be done, no question. BWL should be doable... except for the first two bosses. First encounter, you need someone on orb while you heal/defend the dragon. Second boss... you need like over 100k dps to down him before the timer kills you. AQ 20 should be a joke by now... But watch out for BC heroics. Those are still a pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    AQ20. I don't know wether it's hard, i've yet to try.
    It's now AQ 10 ;P
    I have tried it has a BM hunter and had no problems at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Void Star Talisman + 2pc T5 are required for any major soloing effort.

R.I.P. YARG

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Don't use a pet on Ayamiss. Also don't use Bane of Doom. That ability only gets used when there's more than one target available for Ayamiss; that's also why you shouldn't use Bane of Doom, the Ebom Imps that can summon do count as an additional target.
    ok that makes sense i found though that i could just burn him before he could even do it

SH - Ravenlord Mount EzMode solo
    Kara - Mount EzMode solo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Void Star Talisman + 2pc T5 are required for any major soloing effort.
    So basically what you are saying, is that if you don't have those two, you're pretty much screwed for soloing?

Did Sapphiron last night with normal gear, no t5 etc, mostly 359 epics. Used the Succubus as she doesn't move on air phases unlike the other demons so less moving and more dps.

Deleted
    I've been doing a bit of soloing myself in Cataclysm, and as people have said before Magtheridon is pretty easy these days, I started doing him at 85 with 333/346 pieces. Killing the inital adds as Demonolgy is easy too, just pop Felstorm, Meta, Immolation, Shadowflame, Infernal and Hellfire away, then just sit back and loot.

As for other stuff, MC is just a faceroll, but it's easy gold and a nice blast from the past. AQ40, as people have said is also soloable up to Twins, which due to the range they have to be apart renders it impossible to solo, however the bosses before that are all doable (excluding Viscidius and the Bug Trio as far as I am aware, although I haven't attempted them)

The MC mechanic on the first boss was an issue for me to begin with, but I developed what I believe is the easiest tactic for killing him, I've got a video of one of my AQ runs, I just need to figure out how to make it watchable and upload it :P Fankriss gave me a few issues to begin with, but it's not really all that difficult, just remember to kill the 2 big adds that spawn, as they still hit really hard even now.

Huhu was an extremely interesting fight the first time I did her due to the silence and sleep mechanics, but she goes down easy enough too. Just heal your pet when you get the chance and dot her up.

As for Void Reaver, I'm not surprised that he has been soloed, I myself had him down to a few % a few weeks ago, however I kept hitting the enrage timer. With my current gear level I have no doubt that I could do him now if I went again. You don't need to worry so much about pulling him off of the pet, just try to kite him till he does his thread reduction again, or pop Shatter. I haven't actually watched the video yet, but it might have a better tactic than mine, which is pretty messy, but would work.

I should like to try a few more encounters, but I'm not really sure where to go next, BT/Gruul/BWL have impossible bosses (I think killing HKM would be extremely unlikely, I couldnt even get past the trash with the heals before!) Probably more of SSC/TK and try my hand at some Hyjal or WOTLK encounters next I guess!

How is black temple to solo these days?Im still chasing that darn staff that matches priest t5.
    I wear a Fez now.Fezzes are cool.

Deleted
    Najentus is impossible due to the spine mechanic, and I think there would be issues with some of the later mechanics. Probably worth taking a couple of people if you can.

What pet do/should you use on Sapphiron?

Quote Originally Posted by Milmo View Post
    Did Sapphiron last night with normal gear, no t5 etc, mostly 359 epics. Used the Succubus as she doesn't move on air phases unlike the other demons so less moving and more dps.
    I did Sapphiron today as well. Pretty much the same setup, mostly 359 epics (no pvp gear) self buffs and drums of forgotten kings. Specced demo (with 2 point in Imp. Health Funnel) and used the Succubus with Lash of Pain glyphed.

The key for me was to concentrate on keeping the Succubus alive at all costs. I kept my dots up at all times and used Meta in tight situations, health cooldowns when necessary and tried to not let Succy's health drop below 50%

Took me 3 tries, got around 190g I think.

The bosses that have soloing limiting mechanics will obviously be impossible. But if you are looking to farm up some nice old world stuff, it is an absolute breeze to do molten core. ZG mount bosses were the same way (RIP! .. ). There was a post on here awhile back, and I have spoken to a few people on my server about solo'ing Kael'thas in Tempest keep (they usually ask seeing as I have a'lar ). And from what I've gathered, it seems like it would be possible for a warlock to do it - eventually. Given the right amount of time to amass full - or near full epics, and if you spend the time to figure out a strat I could see it being done, I may even give it a try for giggles. With demon soul - voidwalker being as effective for soloing as it is right now, you should be able to solo most single target bosses without trouble. Bring a friend to down bosses which require more then 1 and then go to town on it.

Back at 80 I know I was solo'ing ony (lv60 version), mount bosses - kara, ZG, raven lord (after patch to remove druid quest) without trouble. At 85 it should be safe to assume you would be able to solo most single boss old world content, and possibly some wrath stuff as well.

If you brought friends in to help clear the drakes, I'm sure you could solo Sarth 10 on regular. The best advice I can give is bring 1 friend and see how it goes, next week try going solo. I was also soloing aq40 trash simply to get my red bug. But as fun as doing old stuff solo is, I personally recommend bringing 1 close friend. I usually 2 man stuff with a real life friend of mine who plays a rogue, it just makes things a lot smoother and still enjoyable.

I wish you luck in all of your future solo endeavors!

Edit: Me and my rogue friend 2 manned Archavon 10 man when we were bored, it was actually difficult! GIVE IT A TRY!

Make sure you are specced into Improved Health Funnel. It increases health funneled to pet at less cost of your health. It also reduces damage taken while funneling.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    I wish they could increase the threat on the Voidwalker, making him more viable.
    He's pretty damn awesome for harder-hitting fights, actually. I really doubt you could heal a Felguard through some of the stuff a Voidwalker can tank. Soul Burn + nuking right off in Meta makes for a ton of threat, then you can use Demonic Empowerment every 45 seconds for a bit more, plus it's a nice cooldown when you're healing him (basically 20% more healing 'cause Health Funnel is % based).

I was able to do some parts of Naxx 10, trying to do Patchwerk with 2 Warlocks, but he hits waay hard.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    All 5 mans (heroic or not) pre-cataclysm are soloable, except maybe Oculus but who gives a shit about a vehicle boss.
    All pre-WOTLK raids are soloable, some of which no one has done because it's hard, but it is doable.
    Naxx25 could be mostly solo'd if it weren't for some issues with pet classes + boss abilities
    Sartharion is definately soloable.
    I actually don't think you could solo most of Naxx 25, maybe not any of it. You can do some in Naxx 10 though definitely.

I agree about Oculus though, they fixed the kiting on the last boss so his whelps will shoot you from really far.

Going to have to try Sarth.

Flame Leviathan 25 is probably soloable, I've been doing it on 10 'cause it's so damn easy, with car switching it's probably just as easy in 25.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2011-01-22 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synfiction View Post
    are you using 2pc t5? my pet is taking so much damage even with my dots up and health funneling, if i move out of the two blizzards that are bigger than their animation he dies shortly after @_@
    Yes, however not the trinket Gherkin mentioned.

Thanks btw Gherkin, I can use that one :]

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    He's pretty damn awesome for harder-hitting fights, actually. I really doubt you could heal a Felguard through some of the stuff a Voidwalker can tank. Soul Burn + nuking right off in Meta makes for a ton of threat, then you can use Demonic Empowerment every 45 seconds for a bit more, plus it's a nice cooldown when you're healing him (basically 20% more healing 'cause Health Funnel is % based).

I was able to do some parts of Naxx 10, trying to do Patchwerk with 2 Warlocks, but he hits waay hard.

I actually don't think you could solo most of Naxx 25, maybe not any of it. You can do some in Naxx 10 though definitely.

I agree about Oculus though, they fixed the kiting on the last boss so his whelps will shoot you from really far.

Going to have to try Sarth.

Flame Leviathan 25 is probably soloable, I've been doing it on 10 'cause it's so damn easy, with car switching it's probably just as easy in 25.
    Does this make VW a more viable tank threat wise the FG? currently I'm having trouble staying behind my FG until a few SS phases have passed and if this is the case I think I might switch pets
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ynkesfan2003 View Post
    Does this make VW a more viable tank threat wise the FG? currently I'm having trouble staying behind my FG until a few SS phases have passed and if this is the case I think I might switch pets
    The thing with the VW is the demon soul. It transfers all of your threat to your VW for 15 seconds. It helped me out a lot, in conjunction with Soulshatter, while I was soloing older content.
    Last edited by Agallochh; 2011-01-22 at 09:20 PM.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    My gf is an Affliction lock, she's solo'd AQ20 and MC at 80 that I'm aware of (we usually run together) Maybe I could see how well she does as Demo for the added hp/FG dmg, this is a great post guys, making me want to start up my warlock again!

I've soloed MC, kara, maggy, most of TK (cept kael), all BC and most wotlk heroics, and currently am working on Gruul's Lair. HKM has been a total bitch and I've been really unlucky with CC timing, thats the only challenge really though.