Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Patch 4.0.6 - PTR Build 13529

Update Priest - Yep, screwed up on the Circle of Healing change. Fixed, sorry about that. (Blue Post)

Patch 4.0.6 - PTR Build 13529
    A new build will be deployed on test realms very soon with a bunch of new changes. You probably already saw some of them in the official notes update from the past week, keep in mind that datamining isn't an exact science, if you're not sure about a change and if it's not in the official patch notes, wait for a confirmation from a blue poster before you whine about it.

Achievements Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Professions

Quests

Professions Changes
    Alchemy

Blacksmithing

Cooking

Engineering

Enchanting

Jewelcrafting

Leatherworking
    • Chestguard of Nature's Fury now has 321 Intellect (-20) and 221 Mastery Rating (-20). Now has a Red Socket (+10 Haste Rating socket bonus)
    • Lightning Lash now has 233 Intellect (-20), 149 Spirit (-3) and 169 Haste Rating (-10). Now has a Red Socket (+10 Intellect socket bonus)
    • Stormleather Sash now has 233 Intellect (-20) and 116 Mastery Rating (-20). Now has a Red Socket (+10 Intellect socket bonus)
    • Twilight Scale Chestguard now has 321 Intellect (-20) and 214 Critical strike rating (-20). Now has a Red Socket (+10 Haste Rating socket bonus)
    • Shifting Cloak no longer requires Skin of Shadow to be crafted.

Tailoring

Spell Changes
    These changes are mostly the results of tooltip comparison, some changes might be outdated or just wrong because we suck at parsing data. If you have any doubt, check the official patch notes and if official patch notes do not exist for that change just assume it's very temporary or wrong.
    New Items

Item Sets

Death Knight (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Blood
    • Heart Strike now causes 175% weapon damage, up from 120%. Deals an additional 15% for each of your diseases present on the target, up from 10%.
    • Improved Death Strike now increases the damage done by Death Strike by 30/60/90%, up from 15/30/45%. Still increases critical strike chance by 3/6/9% and amount healed by 15/30/45%.
    • Scarlet Fever (Rank 2) now procs from Blood Plague. (Tooltip bugfix)

Frost
    • Chilblains now also causes your Chains of Ice to immobilize targets for 1/3 sec.

Unholy
    • Rage of Rivendare now increases damage of Plague Strike, Scourge Strike, and Festering Strike by 12/24/36%, down from 15/30/45%.
    • Shadow Infusion now increases the damage dealt by your Ghoul by 8%, down from 10%.

Glyphs
    • Inscription: Glyph of Dark Succor now causes your Death Strike ability to always restore at least 15% (down from 20%) of your maximum health when used while in Frost or Unholy Presence.

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    • The act of shapeshifting now frees the caster of "movement slowing effects" instead of "Movement Impairing effects".

Balance
    • Wild Mushroom detonation damage has been increased by 13%, from [ 747 to 904 ] Nature damage to [ 845 to 1022 ] Nature damage.
    • Fungal Growth now lasts 20 sec, up from 10 sec.
    • Moonkin Form no longer increases armor contribution from items and reduces all damage taken by 15% instead.
    • Typhoon now costs 16% of base mana, down from 32%.

Restoration

Hunter (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Beast Mastery

Marksmanship
    • Aimed Shot! (Master Marksman) now deals 203% ranged weapon damage, up from 103% and now scale from 72.4% of Ranged AP, up from 48%.
    • Aimed Shot now has a 2.4 sec cast time, down from 3 sec. Now scales from 72.4% of Ranged AP, up from 48%.
    • Arcane Shot now scales from 4.83% of Ranged AP, up from 4.2%
    • Chimera Shot now scales from 73.2% of Ranged AP, up from 48.8%

Survival
    • Black Arrow now deals 2035 Shadow damage over 15 sec, up from 1800. (+13%)
    • Explosive Shot now scales from 23.2% of Ranged AP, up from 20.5%.
    • Serpent Spread is no longer capped to 4 targets. (PTR change)

Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Arcane
    • Mage Armor now reduces the duration of all harmful Magic effects used against you by 35%, down from 50%. No longer has a mana cost.

Fire

Frost

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)

Holy
    • Protector of the Innocent healing has been reduced by 30%. Now heals for [ 2605 to 2997 ] at Rank 3, down from [ 3722 to 4282 ].

Protection
    • Vindication no longer causes your Hammer of Justice to interrupt creatures that are immune to stuns.

Retribution
    • Hand of Light now increases damage of Templar's Verdict, Crusader Strike, and Divine Storm by 16.8%, down from 20%. Each point of Mastery increases the damage by an additional 2.1%, down from 2.5%.
    • Divine Storm now deals 100% weapon damage, up from 80%.
    • Repentance no longer breaks from damage from Censure.

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Holy
    • Chakra tooltip fixed to include Binding Heal in the first line of the description.
    • Circle of Healing now has a 30 yards radius, up from 15 yards.
    • State of Mind no longer increases the duration of Chakra, now Reduces the cooldown of your Chakra spell by 3/6 sec.

Discipline
    • Penance healing has been increased by 20%. Now heals for [ 2822 to 3189 ], up from [ 2351 to 2657 ]
    • Improved Power Word: Shield no longer increases damage absorbed by an additional % when cast on self. Now increases Increases the damage absorbed by your Power Word: Shield by 10/20%. (Up from 5/10%)
    • Power Infusion now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards.
    • Strength of Soul's Silence, Interrupt, and Dispel immunity now procs when you cast Inner Focus (on any target) instead of Power Word: Shield on yourself. Immunity now lasts 3/5 sec, up from 2/4 sec.

Shadow
    • Mind Blast damage has been increased by 60%. Now deals [ 1617 to 1709 ] damage, up from [ 1028 to 1086 ].
    • Mind Sear damage has been reduced by 30%. Now deals [ 104 to 113 ], down from [ 146 to 158 ].
    • Shadow Orb Power now Increases the damage done by your Shadow Orbs by 11.6%, down from 21.6%.
    • Mind Soothe now lasts 20 sec, up from 15 sec.

Glyphs

Rogue (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Assassination
    • Garrote now costs 45 Energy, down from 50 Energy.

Combat
    • Blade Flurry now has a 10 sec cooldown and lasts "until cancelled".

Subtlety
    • Redirect now requires active combo points.
    • Elusiveness now reduces the cooldown of Cloak of Shadows by 10/15 sec, down from 15/30 sec.

Glyphs

Shaman (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Elemental
    • Spiritwalker's Grace now lasts 15 sec, up from 10 sec.
    • Windfury Weapon now triggers 3 extra attacks, up from 2.
    • Lava Burst damage has been increased by 10%. Now deals [ 1394 to 1778 Fire Damage], up from [ 1267 to 1615 ] damage.

Restoration

Glyphs

Warlock (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Demonology
    • Fel Armor now causes you to be healed for 3% of any single-target spell damage you deal.
    • Demonic Aegis now increases the amount of health returned by Fel Armor by 50/100% (instead of mana, from the old version of Fel Armor)
    • Mana Feed no longer affects Drain Mana (Drain Mana is removed in 4.0.6)

Destruction

Pet

Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Arms
    • Heroic Strike now scales from 60% of Attack Power, down from 93%.

Fury
    • Slam now deals 175% weapon damage plus 748. Up from 125% weapon damage plus 538.
    • Bloodsurge now also causes your instant and free Slam to deal 20% more damage.
    • Inner Rage now has a 30 sec cooldown and Reduces the cooldown of Heroic Strike and Cleave by 50% for 15 sec.
    • Recklessness now gives your special attacks an additional 50% to critically hit instead of giving your next 3 attacks a 100% chance to critically hit. Still lasts 12 sec and increases damage taken by 20%.
    • Raging Blow now deals 120% weapon damage, down from 145%.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-01-19 at 07:46 PM.

* Engineering: Nitro Boosts had "They rarely explode violently, so don't worry about that." added to its description.

Hopefully this means it won't explode with 50% chance now on...

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrote only 45 energy.

hmmmm wonder how you recieve the satchel of freshly picked herbs

Nice, Seafood Magnifique Feast will be cost-effective on 10-mans.

15+ Year Old Account
    <3 for druids!!

still no mage nerfs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird fixes for holy priests. Not a fan of not being able to extend the chakra anymore.. kinda lame. Although I think in a previous fix didn't they up the duration time? Hmm, going to have to check....

but yay for all the shammy changes.

One PTR patch they're buffing Circle of healing to make up for nerfing Prayer of Healing, then the next patch they're lowering CoH's range to be so small that it's only going to work on people in tight clumps.

I'm not sure there's any rhyme or reason to some of these changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they are adding gem slots to all the crafted epics but reducing the stats......lose.

"Cooking: Seafood Magnifique Feast now requires Highland Guppy x 2 (down from 4), Lavascale Catfish x 2 (Down from 4), and Fathom Eel x 2 (Down from 4)"

Called it! I called it, guys.

Guys, I called it.

Deleted
    "Engineering
    •Engineering: Nitro Boosts had "They rarely explode violently, so don't worry about that." added to its description. "

I see someone else is also fast with replying on this.. I also belive that the expression of "rarely" in this case means 25%+ or me and Bloodly are both VERY unlucky..

I wish archy rares had the same % of rarely as those boots to explode, then noone would complain about the rares anymore!

Deleted
    Mind Sear damage lowered AGAIN? Oh joy.... :-(

Deleted
    # Increased Focus Regeneration (PvP Rogue) now increases the regeneration of your Focus by 5%, down from 10%
    Since when do rogues have/use focus and not energy? Did blizzard make that mistake or mmo-champion?

If it's mmo-champ I don't care, but if it's Blizzard then wtf I don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Mind Sear damage lowered AGAIN? Oh joy.... :-(
    Seems so, and I thought we would get buffed .

Also about the engineering nitro boosts. I actually dropped it from my belt, because I exploded 9 out of 10 times, even within raids and dungeons -.-;.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Deleted
    Ehr...they put sockets into 2 out of 3 crafted leather belts? Why no socket into the agi belt? :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mafeel View Post
    If it's mmo-champ I don't care, but if it's Blizzard then wtf I don't get it...
    Jeez, you're right.. I bet hunters come out of their ears already with the focus, now they got to focus more themself while writing these notes ;o

Deleted
    "Mind Sear damage has been reduced by 30%. Now deals [ 104 to 113 ], down from [ 146 to 158 ]."

They have to be kidding?

Ah well 104 left and we are at 0.

# Mind Sear damage has been reduced by 30%. Now deals [ 104 to 113 ], down from [ 146 to 158 ].
    loled :/
    C'mon, remove that useless skill, with that dmg :/

I wish they would give the people who made many feasts already double now.. got the achi at the weekend, made god knows how many feasts - how we find out we could of got double?

What a piss take.