Fear: Tooltip and the break on damage effect...

This isn't a QQ thread, i just don't feel like my fear is working properly.

When a warlock fears me, his DoT's are ticking hard and it doesn't break until after about 20k damage or so. But if I fear anything in pvp or pve and I have DoT's on the target, the timer says 6 seconds and it normaly breaks after 2 of my DoT's hit. Which normally is after about 2-3 seconds. Too everyone that thinks its DR it's not, the spell timer says 6 seconds and dots hit and it breaks immediatly after the damage.

Specced into it, you can reduce fears CD to 23 seconds, not spamable by any means, but it has come to the point where's its like a sheep or sap where it breaks on any damage.

Looking at the tooltip for Psychic Scream, it doesn't even specify how long it's supposed to last or how many people it fears like it used too. Just for laughs and if you haven't read it yet but this is what the definition or tooltip is for psychic scream;

***SCARE NEARBY ENEMIES AWAY FROM YOU, CAUSING THEM TO FLEE IN FEAR. USE PSYCHIC SCREAM WHEN ENEMIES ARE ATTACKING YOU THAT COULD KILL YOU***

K? ^^

Now I do well in PVP anyways, but we are no longer a pvp tank like WOTLK. We are the most immobile target, which means melee are impossible to peel. and our one thing that gets us out of trouble for a a few seconds now lasts a couple.

Stuns don't break on damage, and they have a very similar cool down to our fear. Melee classes and warlocks self heal for more then my vamp touch and flash heal spam. Does anyone else feel like a priests fear SHOULD NOT BREAK ON DAMAGE, like a kidney shot or deep freeze?

Another theory I've thought of is that they never changed the damage it takes to break from level 80. Anyone else have this problem?? I'd love to hear your thought's

Looks like you might have beginner tooltips turned on. Our fear doesn't always break on damage, but the chance to break does seem very high.

Quote Originally Posted by Shermzmcgee View Post
    Looking at the tooltip for Psychic Scream, it doesn't even specify how long it's supposed to last or how many people it fears like it used too. Just for laughs and if you haven't read it yet but this is what the definition or tooltip is for psychic scream;

***SCARE NEARBY ENEMIES AWAY FROM YOU, CAUSING THEM TO FLEE IN FEAR. USE PSYCHIC SCREAM WHEN ENEMIES ARE ATTACKING YOU THAT COULD KILL YOU***

K? ^^
    Take beginner's tooltip off mate

The real tooltip: "The caster lets out a psychic scream, causing 5 enemies within 8 yards to flee for 8 sec. Damage caused may interrupt the effect."
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

lol that's prolly why it has a funky tooltip, didn't know there was a different one.

Anyways, my fears are breaking on small amounts of damage. It doesn't indicate an actual number, but they way it used to be, my dots would tick a few times EACH and normally, the fear would last the whole time unless I put out a mind blast and mind flay.

I fear something, go to cast a flash heal, and my fear breaks and I get interupted. Flash is a 1.18 cast for me, which means my fear lasted one second...

They need to change it, it's not a spammable CC and were not exactly a melee tanking class ne more

Its been said already but beginner tooltips, on by default in interface menu.

Also are you sure it's not just a warrior or druid ect breaking it with their abilities or someones trinket?

Usually if I cant break it it lasts for the full duration despite the damage being done to me by the priest.

Yes, I'm 100% certain. I know what abilities they have to break fears. I know that it breaks also when a DK uses Lichborne, and it stops when using a trinket

What im saying is that, when i damage a target at all when feared, like if i have dot's on that target, if say vemp touch crits for 6k and devour for 2k hit, it will break, almost immedietly after I do damage to a target.

Is anyone elses fear like this, or is my fear button broke?