Ground mount + Flying Mount in 1 macro.

I use to have a macro that would automatically pick what mount I could use at the time. Ie in BGs it would get a groundmount and anywhere were I could fly the flying mount was selected instead.

Does anyone rememberthis macro?

I searched the WoW wiki macro page for mounts and its not there :/

10+ Year Old Account
    /cast [flyable] Flying Mount; Ground Mount

15+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip (whatever)
    /cast (linked FLYING mount)
    /cast (linked GROUND mount)

In that order. It will cast the flying mount and if you can't use a flying mount, it will cast the ground mount. I even have the seahorse as the first line in mine.
    "A drug person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to handle this trip. "

There's also an addon called GoGoMount that does the same thing, with a very robust set of options, and you can keybind it without using up an actionbar spot.

/cast flyingmount
    /cast[mod:whatever] ground mount

whatever = shift, alt, ctrl, ect ect ect
    Used to be:
    (---melee---)(--frost mages--)(---------------ranged---------------)
    Now:
    (---melee---)(----corpses-----)(---------------ranged---------------)
    Frost Nova me now. I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterize View Post
    #showtooltip (whatever)
    /cast (linked FLYING mount)
    /cast (linked GROUND mount)

In that order. It will cast the flying mount and if you can't use a flying mount, it will cast the ground mount. I even have the seahorse as the first line in mine.
    I doubt that macro would actually work, because for a long time now, a failed /cast would cause a macro to cease executing.

I use the addon, GupPet. It will automatically cast a random flying mount (you can customize which ones you want to use in the options menu for the addon). If you are in a place you can't use a flying mount, it will cast a ground mount (or you can shift + click the addon button to force a ground mount selection). It will also cast an aquatic mount if you are in the water.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Mount_macros has some great macros to use for your Mounts.

I use a really simple one:

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast [nomounted] Abyssal Seahorse()
    /cast [nomounted] Purple Riding Nether Ray()
    /cast [nomounted] Black War Tiger()
    /dismount [mounted]
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    It uses GCD to work it will try to always cast the 1st available (Seahorse in water, Flying if flying Zone, Ground Mount if else).
    How many addons/scripts/macros forget about underwater mount? The rest of the macro is to get rid of the Dings and Error Messages.

Simple, yet is 100% guaranteed to always work regardless of any changes (which potentially could break an addon).
    The only way it could break is to remove GCD :P
    Last edited by Kelticfox; 2011-01-19 at 09:59 PM.

#showtooltip
    /dismount [mounted]
    /castrandom [swimming] Abyssal Seahorse; [flyable] Ironbound Proto-Drake; Raven Lord, Swift Zulian Tiger, White Polar Bear

This macro does it job perfectly, even included the seahorse. The 3 last mounts will be randomly picked. You can do the same with the flying mount aswell by adding a comma after the protodrake

Is there anyway to make the mecho-hog mount silent when riding it? The chuga-ga-ga noise gets annoying after a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelticfox View Post
    I use a really simple one:

It uses GCD to work it will try to always cast the 1st available (Seahorse in water, Flying if flying Zone, Ground Mount if else).
    How many addons/scripts/macros forget about underwater mount? The rest of the macro is to get rid of the Dings and Error Messages.

Simple, yet is 100% guaranteed to always work regardless of any changes (which potentially could break an addon).
    The only way it could break is to remove GCD :P
    This macro was super useful. Thanks!