Deleted

Misdirection pet macro

I have just dinged 76 on my hunter, learned misdirection and bought glyph. Could anyone help me write macro, that casts misdirection @ my pet and then casts normal attacks - AS, SrS, KC, SS or ES. I tried doing /cast [@pet] misdirection| /cast arcane shot/etc, but usually I get "cannot cast that yet" message and my attacks have 4 secs delay (until misdirection expires). Waiting for helpful suggestions

/target <pet name>
    /cast Misdirection
    /targetlasttarget

It's an easy one.

Deleted
    simple one:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Misdirection
    /cast [@pet,exists] Misdirection
    /petattack
    /startattack
    It will MD & send your pet in and launch the first shot, you press the macro once and then use the first shot like you normally would.

Here's mine

/cast [target=focus,help][help][target=pet,exists,nodead]
    Misdirection

It will either MD the target you have set to focus... Tanks or those annoying people you hate if you don't have either it will MD your pet as long as its alive and not dead.

This is a bit more complex but also more agile, this lets you cast misdirection to a focus target or your pet depending on whether you have a focus target or not. You can use the same pattern to setup wyvern stings on focus targets or other goodness, so for example in a raid I have my Focus set to the main tank (especially usefull if they have stupic characters in their name) but in arena I use focus for the CC target and use it to throw monkey poo in their eyes or wyvern sting them.

The main one I use is this ---->

Its a focus macro, it means you can do stuff to your 'focus' target while you still pew pew your main target.

To use it, target your intended focus for the current situation and then left click on the macro icon. To 'clear' the macro right click on the macro icon. This macro will set this person as your focus until they are dead.

/clearfocus [button:2]
    /stopmacro [button:2]
    /clearfocus [target=focus,dead]
    /clearfocus [target=focus,noexists]
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]
    /whisper yourname focus is now %F

Note : This macro can also be used by other, less important classes for their focus needs ; sheeps, heals, silences, farts

With the above Macro in place. Once a focus target is defined use this macro to set your pet on your focus target (while u seamlessly pew pew your target) and 'mark the target'. You need to click it twice to a) set up the mark and b) send in the pet, you can also add in a serpent sting (for a 3rd click) and a rapid fire etc for a fourth click.

/stopcasting
    /cast [target=focus,exists] Hunter's Mark
    /petattack [target=focus,exists]

Quote Originally Posted by Weed View Post
    I have just dinged 76 on my hunter, learned misdirection and bought glyph. Could anyone help me write macro, that casts misdirection @ my pet and then casts normal attacks - AS, SrS, KC, SS or ES. I tried doing /cast [@pet] misdirection| /cast arcane shot/etc, but usually I get "cannot cast that yet" message and my attacks have 4 secs delay (until misdirection expires). Waiting for helpful suggestions
    To answer the last part of your question, you need to use a /castsequence macro if you want to just press one button and have it fire different shots.

I highly recommend against using that though. Hunter's have a HUGE amount of abilities and you are going to want to spend your leveling time using these abilities and getting used to using the keybinds for each ability.

-------------------------------------

#show Misdirection
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Misdirection
    /cast [target=focus, exists] misdirection
    /cast [target=pet] misdirection

This is the one i'm using. It will MD your mouseover if you have one, if not your focus if neither your pet simple and easy

Quote Originally Posted by Elvarg View Post
    #show Misdirection
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Misdirection
    /cast [target=focus, exists] misdirection
    /cast [target=pet] misdirection

This is the one i'm using. It will MD your mouseover if you have one, if not your focus if neither your pet simple and easy
    What does the "#show" command do? I've never seen that before.

-------------------------------------

Deleted
    Here's mine, it's what i use for raiding, 5 mans, solo work, everything if i need to use md.

/cast [target=focus, help] Misdirection
    /cast [target=focustarget, help] Misdirection
    /cast [target=target, help] Misdirection
    /cast [target=targettarget, help] Misdirection
    /cast [target=pet, nodead, exists] Misdirection

This macro will cast Misdirection on your focus first and foremost. If you do not have a focus but are targeting a hostile NPC, you will misdirect its target, unless its target is you, in which case you will Misdirect your pet. If you are targeting a friendly player without a focus set, you will Misdirect them. If you are targeting yourself, your pet, or a hostile NPC without meeting any of the above criteria, you will Misdirect your pet.

Picked it up i think from wowwikki about 2 years ago, havnt used another md macro since.