View Poll Results: Tom Hardy = Epic Bane?

Voters
60. This poll is closed
  • Yea!

48 80.00%
  • No Way!!

12 20.00%
Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Movies] The Dark Knight Rises *Spoilers!*

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73379
    Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle (AKA Catwoman) in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises. She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Christopher Nolan stated, "I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story."

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, "I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies."

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven.

The Dark Knight Rises is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
    Wonder how Mr. Nolan will pull off Catwoman, and Tom Hardy as Bane. Interesting.
    This is Bane if you dont know him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_(comics)

First Trailer.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2011-08-05 at 06:39 PM.

Yeah I'm really interested to see how Nolan is going to fit these characters into the Nolanverse. I heard, but I'm not sure if it's true, that while Bats is away, Catwoman kinda takes up the role of masked vigilante over the city, and he comes back to stop her, or something along those lines.

Very interesting actors to play very interesting characters.
    Last edited by danielakatoxic; 2011-01-19 at 10:24 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    should be good, I can't wait to see what Chris Nolan can do with Bane :P one of Batmans most underrated Villains (I mean come one, he worked out who batman was, set a trap for him and SNAPPED HIS SPINE, leading to Bruce Wayne passing the mantle of Batman to another, that's pretty hardcore )

and interesting to note they say Selina Kyle, NOT catwoman, could they be going for another Twoface style story? can't wait to find out.

and to all the people complaining that Anne Hathaway will suck as Catwomen... All I'm gunna say is think back to the furor when they announced Heath Ledger would be playing the Joker... that turned out alright didn't it Hopefully this time it'll be a little less...dangerous, but no less intense.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

[Movies] The Dark Knight Rises: Bane

Will Tom Hardy be a good Bane?

GO FORUMS GO!

is this just speculating or did you see this in an article and if you did can you link it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that a game or new movie? I have never heard of it please explain.

It all comes down to how Nolan does the style of Bane, going for the massive power house or making him look normal.

As long as they finish the movie by snapping Batman's spine to wrap up the films, then I am happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I told you in 2007 that Heath Ledger was going to be a great Joker (let's be honest, the only good live-action one), would you have believed me?

I just hope they don't go the breaking Batman's back route honestly. I hope they kind of ignore Knightfall and go on to drug kingpin Bane. I mean you can't do Knightfall without Robin(s). As for Tom Hardy, he will have to buff up A LOT to pull off unvenom-injected Bane.

Quote Originally Posted by Flummox View Post
    If I told you in 2007 that Heath Ledger was going to be a great Joker (let's be honest, the only good live-action one), would you have believed me?
    But when you think about it though, he didn't have much competition...

IMDB has listed Tom Hardy to play the second villain in the third Batman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Flummox View Post
    Jack Nicholson was a great Joker, but in a completely different style.

Now the real question is how Anne Hathaway is going to come close to Michelle Pfeiffer, or, for that matter, Eartha Kitt... (We'll ignore Halle Berry. The poor thing)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperflyForever View Post
    But when you think about it though, he didn't have much competition...
    I think Jonny Depp was another considered actor to play Joker. Would it have been as good in the end? Idk... He's kinda type-casted nowadays.

It all comes down to how Nolan does the style of Bane, going for the massive power house or making him look normal.

As long as they finish the movie by snapping Batman's spine to wrap up the films, then I am happy.
    there has never been a bad batman movie, idk why you would say such things.

OP to answer your totally random question now that I took 5 valuable seconds of my life to research it, no. Tom Hardy is the kinda guy that gives off the "i dont give a shit about anything" vibe to me. But when i say no, i mean its not gonna be epicly awesome, but it will work. Just an opinion, take it as only that.

Quote Originally Posted by thescrub View Post
    I sure hope that is sarcasm, I really do. What I would do to forget the rave party that was Batman & Robin and Batman Forever and... Basically, every Batman film that wasn't done by Christopher Nolan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Jack Nicholson was a great Joker, but in a completely different style.

Now the real question is how Anne Hathaway is going to come close to Michelle Pfeiffer, or, for that matter, Eartha Kitt... (We'll ignore Halle Berry. The poor thing)
    For me it was just Jack Nicholson acting like Jack Nicholson with Joker's trademark makeup on. Anne Hathaway has more competition with Michelle Pfeiffer, she was excellent in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by thescrub View Post

OP to answer your totally random question now that I took 5 valuable seconds of my life to research it, no. Tom Hardy is the kinda guy that gives off the "i dont give a shit about anything" vibe to me. But when i say no, i mean its not gonna be epicly awesome, but it will work. Just an opinion, take it as only that.
    As an avid batman fan, I liked the movies so far. I particularly liked the supreme campiness of Batman returns with Danny DeVito and Batman and Robin with Arnold Schwarzenneger,

I sure hope that is sarcasm, I really do. What I would do to forget the rave party that was Batman & Robin and Batman Forever and... Basically, every Batman film that wasn't done by Christopher Nolan.
    It's not sarcasm.. The Tim Burton movies were a little off the wall but that's just Tim Burton doing the Tim Burton thing. Didn't make in unwatchable, is was entertaining. Besides the older movies before that were cool but corny.. so they went from corny -> trippy -> epic. So did every other comic book movie / show

Basically, every Batman film that wasn't done by Christopher Nolan.
    So you're saying that Michelle Pfeiffer didn't make Batman Returns? I'm old enough to admit that the Tim Burton ones were good for their time. They were campy, but that was the theme for action movies at the time.