Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    What if we aren't getting the PvP gear to bypass the required 329 average ilvl to get into heroics, but because that is our only gear?
    i agree with this person. one of my alts i could not find any neckpiece or bracers for, and nothing dropped, so i did a few battlegrounds and bought my necklace (actually crafted my bracers which do have res.) but it's only to help with stats, such as int, spirit, etc (yes, it's a healer) NOT because i wanna get into heroics. even my main has wrathful pvp bracers 'cause i can't find any nor have any dropped.

Deleted
    im using the t1 weapons should be fine since they are raid like.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    I saw this one ret pally in my heroic daily once that was wearing almost full pvp. He did 4k dps overall lol, I was on the verge of booting him but I didn't wanna loose the tank too (they were friends)
    That's more of a l2p issue than gear issue though :P
    Sounds almost like he were just autohitting while doing something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldoncloud View Post
    Its really frustrating as a healer to try and heal for five minutes because each dps is doing 5k. Stop trying to cheat the system gear through randoms and dungeons will be a lot easier for everyone.
    I queue as a tank with only the T11 tank legs and a 2 hand mace... everything else is dps, do u hate me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it didn't bother me too much. Untill a warlock in full PvP needed and won the Emberstone Staff from Foe Reaper, was bottom of the DPS chart and then immediatly left the group. Presumably to start doing arenas with it

Stop PvPing in Heroic gear, ucwutididthar?

Deleted
    I feel your pain. As a tank it makes me wanna cry, when you inspect a person after seing him/her doing less than 5k on a boss and about the same as AoE. Had a mage in the group the other day, he pulled 2.4k on a boss lol. Full PvP gear ofc.

What ppl who bypass the required ilvl don't think or care about, is the fact that unless you have 2 other strong dps, the person cheating will most likely cause issues on several bosses. I can't see, how gearing up in PvP is faster than just running normals tbh.

But this is yet another thread that leads to the fact, that there are alot of ppl who fail to realize or care about the other members in the group. The ppl who think, that because you could do it in Wrath, you can do it in Cata too. Sigh when will they learn lol.

I personly dont care if someone use's PvP items in a heroic... If they do there job well (DPS well or keep you alive as a healer, or even tank well) i dont care. I just want my heroic done and over with :P

If the person sucks and fails then kick them or leave.

Doesn't make you uncrittable, yo.
    Yeah, because talent points make you uncrittable. There's no def rating anymore, dude.

Either way, people cheating the ilvl is serious problem that needs to be addressed.

I raid in my pvp gear, it's fine... the people pulling 5k DPS are just bad. Even in blue pvp gear you can easily pull 10k+ on bosses(which would be better than 90% of the people in the RDF).
    Last edited by Drekor; 2011-01-20 at 04:30 PM.

For Retri Paladins due to the dominance of Strength some PVP items are a lot better than 346 items.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    that is correct, but we do not argue if 365 pvp gear is better than 264 pve gear...
    But we do argue that its better then the 333 pve gear. And heroics are designed for the 333 pve gear. Ergo, running heroics in pvp gear is absolutely fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old debate is old. Blizzard is nerfing pvp set bonuses to make resilience gear less viable or desirable for PVE content. And as always, If you don't like doing dungeons with random pugs, premade groups whether friends, guildies, or slowly assembled by "/2 LFM Heroic gearchecking" then stop using the LFD tool. We don't get a 5% buff for LFD groups because of how well the tool filters less than capable or stellar players out. Suggested Hotfix: Large "use at your own risk" warning that must be confirmed in order to queue. And then lock "pugs are bad at heroic" threads on principle. Also, reference post by Ghostcrawler entitled "Dungeons are Hard!" or whatever.