Keep questing in 60 zones?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did several searches and couldn't find anything about it.

Pre-Cata, it was obviously best to get your butt to Outland the second you turned 58. The XP was way better and so were the quest rewards. However, now that the old world has been redesigned, I thought I had heard somewhere that it's best to keep questing til like lvl 63 or something in the older zones such as the Blasted Lands and Silithus. Is that right? I'm lvl 58 now and heading to Silithus... is that a waste of my time? Should I just go on to Hellfire like always?

EDIT: Also, after Outland... Am I losing XP to go straight to Northrend at 68 or should I stay there til 70? Same with NR.. losing XP to go to Vashj'ir or Mt Hyjal at 78 or stay there til 80 then head out?
    Last edited by Taigen; 2011-01-20 at 01:59 AM.

Didn't they not change a thing in Silithus so don't go there?

I don't care if the quests kinda suck.. I rarely went there before now so it's still kinda fresh. I'm talking is it best XP-WISE.. to go to Silithus or head to Hellfire?

If you're a gatherer, yeah, I'd stay in the older zones. I leveled 60-61 entirely by gathering herbs in Swamp of Sorrows. Only took about 175 nodes. And the "old" zones are FLOODED with nodes. I was getting 2k exp per Plaguebloom - sorry, don't remember the new name.

hit silithus untill 60, but 60 on, you get 10% exp (not 10% more, just 10% of the original amount) from old world quests, so, go to outlands at 60.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

As far as I know, they massively nerfed EXP gained in an expansion when you reach that expansion's level cap (e.g. killing a classic mob at 60 gives you very, very little EXP).

So I guess if you gather it's viable but if you want to level by questing, not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    hit silithus untill 60, but 60 on, you get 10% exp (not 10% more, just 10% of the original amount) from old world quests, so, go to outlands at 60.
    Yes, by no means remain in the old world past level 60, (or Outlands at 70, or Northrend at 80). You'll suffer -90% exp gain.

I would recommend questing in Azeroth until 60 but you get an xp reduction for killing mobs/questing in Azeroth once you reach that point. At 60 you have to move to Outland if you want decent xp.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

It's sorrowmoss and thanks t3hj0j0... that's the answer I was looking for. I couldn't quite remember why/what lvl it stopped.

Thanks to everyone that replied =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taigen View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did several searches and couldn't find anything about it.

Pre-Cata, it was obviously best to get your butt to Outland the second you turned 58. The XP was way better and so were the quest rewards. However, now that the old world has been redesigned, I thought I had heard somewhere that it's best to keep questing til like lvl 63 or something in the older zones such as the Blasted Lands and Silithus. Is that right? I'm lvl 58 now and heading to Silithus... is that a waste of my time? Should I just go on to Hellfire like always?
    Hellfire experience was only better than Vanilla 58-60 after TBC when the XP got buffed in Outland

Before the +20% Outland XP nerf in Wotlk I was getting 9-11k experience for quests in Azeroth and that dropped to about 4-5k upon entering Hellfire

Don't go to Silithus, it hasn't changed a bit.

I went to the Blasted Lands at 58. I dinged 60 and got "Blasted Lands Quests" almost at exactly the same time. Plus it's better to play a new zone for 2 levels than to do Hellfire.......again

Bleh, I agree, but I already did Blasted Lands to get to 58. Another question tho.. so what about after TBC? Should I stick with Outland until lvl 70 or go to NR at 68 like we've done before? and NR after that? get to 80 then on to Cataclysm content? This is confusing to me for some reason, lol.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    HFP is a boring zone for the most part.

Silithus is much, much, MUCH worse.

The time to complete an outland quest at 58 is roughly the same as it takes to do a quest in kalimdor/EK but the XP almost doubles, both from quests and killing.

If you want to level fast, get your toon into the next expansion ASAP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    HFP is a boring zone for the most part.

Silithus is much, much, MUCH worse.
    Eh, it is, but it'd been so long since I was even in Silithus that when I did it recently it wasn't that bad.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    The time to complete an outland quest at 58 is roughly the same as it takes to do a quest in kalimdor/EK but the XP almost doubles, both from quests and killing.

If you want to level fast, get your toon into the next expansion ASAP
    Here's a quest from HFP:

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=10123

Quest reward = 9600 experience

Here's a quest from Blasted Lands for the same level:

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=25705

Quest reward = 10,900 experience

What you said was true before the old world revamp but is no longer true. Leveling a rogue before the release of Cata I easily hit level 61 just following a normal zone progression:

Tirisfal Glades -> Silverpine Forest -> Hillsbrad -> skipped Arathi Highlands -> The Hinterlands -> Western Plaguelands -> Eastern Plaguelands -> Badlands -> Searing Gorge -> Burning Steppes -> Swamp of Sorrows -> Blasted Lands

I did very few dungeons. For instance, from 50-60 I just did BRD once.