Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Agreed with Dodrin, this season really was lacking, lots of unnecessary episodes + side plots. Obviously, a very amazing ending though, and let's hope the next season is better than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    early in the season, professor was alive. i'm pretty sure.
    Nope. After dexter found him he said that he must have been for a long while.

EDIT: Dexter's been getting worse and worse, however it's just one of those shows I can't just stop watching because I need to know whats happening to him.
    Last edited by ZombyChan; 2011-12-20 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    The ending was expected, maybe not for this season, but we all knew a season finale would happen just like it one day. But it doesn't make up for the train wreck of a season this was...

Ugh. I really hope next season delivers.

/snip
    I completely agree with you. Although the ending was good (and expected) it doesn't make up for the fact that the rest of this season was sub-par and by far my least favorite of all of them, in fact it was just plain terrible. The other issue I have is that this Dexter is so unlike the old Dexter we know and love - The old Dexter is very detailed oriented, plans out everything, and although has run into some sticky situations before, was able to find an intelligent way out of them.

The old Dexter would not have been so careless to accidentally bring back a pen he got from a hotel in Nebraska, and in turn be questioned by Deb about it. The old Dexter wouldn't have just killed someone with a pitch fork with half a dozen people around watching (granted, their lives were at risk but it was still careless) and the old Dexter wouldn't be so bad as to use the church as his kill room, when he knew that Deb knew he was heading there that night...

I truly love the show, but this season was very disappointing to say the least.
    Last edited by Vile; 2011-12-20 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Fixed typos

didn't the chick say taht there were 2 people when she escaped?

I think people are saying dexters getting worse and worse because they are raising their expectations higher with every season, and if one episode drops below the bar it leaves a sour taste in their mouth. Nothing wrong with that but these die hard fans should be aware.

I can't wait for Season 7, this season ending was probably one of the best so far. Trinity was my favourite.

Awesome season! Can't wait for the next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ieft View Post
    Last five seconds of the season finale, holy shit.
    Wonder how Dex is gonna get out of that one :P Amazing season, not the best overall, but definitely had the best ending twist of all.

I wish there had been something about the Ice Truck Killer-hand thing too but I guess that's for the next season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    I think people are saying dexters getting worse and worse because they are raising their expectations higher with every season, and if one episode drops below the bar it leaves a sour taste in their mouth. Nothing wrong with that but these die hard fans should be aware.

I can't wait for Season 7, this season ending was probably one of the best so far. Trinity was my favourite.
    I don't believe that the expectations are rising, it is just that the bar was set extremely high with the first season. This season started off well but somewhere halfway through the writers seemed to have lost touch a little, causing the story to derail. The cliffhanger was great, but it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    The ending was expected, maybe not for this season, but we all knew a season finale would happen just like it one day. But it doesn't make up for the train wreck of a season this was.

The main antagonist lacked any sense of direction. We all knew that the professor was really Travis' "dark passenger", so that whole half+ of the season was really slow. But I was okay with that, expecting the inner conflict that would emerge in Travis to be interesting. But instead of any inner conflict, Travis suddenly just becomes his dark passenger, with no real impetus as to why. Even when shown the dead body of Geller, he says Dexter killed him? Come on, that's a horrible cop out for developing a potentially interesting character.

The religion theme, which was a big part for a majority of this season, had absolutely zero effect on Dexter. Nothing changed about his relationship to religion. He never struggled with it, or even really started some sort of hate for it. He remained passive towards it, the same as he was at the start. Brother Sam counted for nothing, and I really thought he would cause Dexter to really look at what he was, and the life he was creating for his son. But yet again, even when they could have written a great dialogue exchange between Travis, the religious fanatic, and Dexter, the agnostic/atheist, they skipped out. He simply calls Travis a monster, and kills him. Really? What was the purpose of even introducing the religion idea?

And to top it all off, in the last two episodes, they suddenly decide Debra loves Dexter? Nothing, in all 5 and three quarters seasons before this, ever gave the slightest indication of that. Debra and Dexter were always brother and sister, and shared that special bond. It added great depth to Dexter, because it gave him an extremely human side. But now, they destroyed it, all to make the final 10 seconds of the season finale more intense.

Ugh. I really hope next season delivers.
    Pretty good synopsis.

As cool as the final unveiling was the build-up and coherence of this season was lackluster to say the least.

I don't understand, Season 1, 2, 3 and even 4 kept me on knife's edge for almost the entire 20+ episodes of each season. But ever since season 5...it seems like the writers have gotten lazy and lost their touch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Pretty good synopsis.

As cool as the final unveiling was the build-up and coherence of this season was lackluster to say the least.

I don't understand, Season 1, 2, 3 and even 4 kept me on knife's edge for almost the entire 20+ episodes of each season. But ever since season 5...it seems like the writers have gotten lazy and lost their touch.
    Seems like you get to watch 8 or more episodes than me each season.

Not the best season. The plot was fine, but it was badly executed. All the other seasons the "bad guy" have had some sort of effect on Dexter some way or the other. This season was just about Dexter hunting Travis, there were no deeper meaning or anything that caused Dexter to think any deep thoughts or question his way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Naamari View Post
    Wonder how Dex is gonna get out of that one :P Amazing season, not the best overall, but definitely had the best ending twist of all.

I wish there had been something about the Ice Truck Killer-hand thing too but I guess that's for the next season.
    Also, dont forget the kitchen knife that the babysitter put in dexters cabinet drawers. it was taken from the house with the last two doomsday killer slayings. that will probably end up being a huge 'oh shit' moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but no season can undo the atrocity that season 3 was. THAT was a terrible season.

This season wasn't bad. I liked Mos Def's character, but think it would have been cooler if he played a larger role.

I agree with some points on the characters feeling half-assed and lacking. But it didn't bother me too much.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    I found the whole season to be very underwhelming. Asides from Mos Def's character no-one was really worth watching. When (if) I eventually decide to watch Dexter again I'm just gonna splice the last few seconds of this season on to the end of last season to make it look as if they didn't cop out of Deb finding out about Dexter last year so I can wipe this season from my memory.

15+ Year Old Account
    After some initial optimism for the season I found in the end this one fell pretty flat.

Starting from the last episode, the scenes with Dexter, his hands out like Jesus on the cross. That was ridiculous. It looked bad and felt really hoaky. As if that wasn't enough they make him say "I am a father, a son, a serial killer" while making the sign of the cross. Good lord... I thought they were joking. Throw in a totally out of place Yoda impression from Vince for no reason at all.. I mean.. wtf.

Also, this whole buisness with Deb being in love with Dexter is retarded. They built her character up so much to be a kind of badass, to throw this sillyness in there is not what the story needed. What it needed was the smart writing that we saw in earlier seasons. They're really just making every character be over-ly flawed and almost a comical version of themselves from previous seasons.

The only character who isn't going off the rails is Anderson. Don't know who that is? The new black detective that has zero connection to any plot or story.

Sorry but I was hoping for more. It's not terrible, but it's on the steep decline. The big reveal at the end could help redeem the series, but they have to do away with a lot of nonsense and get back to the roots of what made the show great.

best is the last season i think

I still think Season 4 was the best, as do most people. But I really enjoyed this season as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    After some initial optimism for the season I found in the end this one fell pretty flat.

Starting from the last episode, the scenes with Dexter, his hands out like Jesus on the cross. That was ridiculous. It looked bad and felt really hoaky. As if that wasn't enough they make him say "I am a father, a son, a serial killer" while making the sign of the cross. Good lord... I thought they were joking. Throw in a totally out of place Yoda impression from Vince for no reason at all.. I mean.. wtf.

Also, this whole buisness with Deb being in love with Dexter is retarded. They built her character up so much to be a kind of badass, to throw this sillyness in there is not what the story needed. What it needed was the smart writing that we saw in earlier seasons. They're really just making every character be over-ly flawed and almost a comical version of themselves from previous seasons.

The only character who isn't going off the rails is Anderson. Don't know who that is? The new black detective that has zero connection to any plot or story.

Sorry but I was hoping for more. It's not terrible, but it's on the steep decline. The big reveal at the end could help redeem the series, but they have to do away with a lot of nonsense and get back to the roots of what made the show great.

I think your going a bit ott tbh....

If Vince doing a Yoda impression is one of the things you hated then surely they couldnt have done much wrong....it was a 3 second clip, I agree that the dexter thing with the cross was a little cheesy and un-needed but again It didnt take away that the ending was epic as fuck for me, It was one of the better season of Dexter imo.

An interesting thing on IMBD, Season 7 episode 1 is called Doakes Returns, ofc this is subject to change but that could be an interesting start to a season...
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2011-12-21 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I think your going a bit ott tbh....

If Vince doing a Yoda impression is one of the things you hated then surely they couldnt have done much wrong....it was a 3 second clip, I agree that the dexter thing with the cross was a little cheesy and un-needed but again It didnt take away that the ending was epic as fuck for me, It was one of the better season of Dexter imo.

An interesting thing on IMBD, Season 7 episode 1 is called Doakes Returns, ofc this is subject to change but that could be an interesting start to a season...
    Well, doakes is kind of dead, so he's not actually going to come back, but I think this means deb realizes or soon finds out that dexter is the bay harbor butcher, which I think is a good thing, it would be fairly stupid if dex told deb "oh, it was just this once, I'll never do it again" and moved on

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    Well, doakes is kind of dead, so he's not actually going to come back, but I think this means deb realizes or soon finds out that dexter is the bay harbor butcher, which I think is a good thing, it would be fairly stupid if dex told deb "oh, it was just this once, I'll never do it again" and moved on
    We shall see, but I think Debra will receives far from the full truth. Many (most) of Dexter's murders have either been assigned elsewhere, or gone undiscovered... so I think he will continue to let sleeping dogs lie.

The finale is very easy to explain for him... he was targetted in the Pool of Fire (for the police station incident), and then defended his child afterward.

I think its a safe assumption we will see at least a small time skip though.

For anyone that hasn't read the books Deb knows all about Dexter from the very first book. All they really need to do with this is have Dexter explain it to her like he did in the books.

If you don't want to read the books basically Dexter explains to Deb all about what Harry did and why. As the books go on she copes with it but is very suspicious of his activity or if a new serial killer pops up she trys to get Dexters "insight" about the killing. It will not be hard to tie what happened in at the end of S6 to the story.

As far as seasons go

season 2 > season 4 > season 1 > season 6 > season 5 > season 3 at least IMO
    Last edited by scandalis; 2011-12-21 at 07:51 PM.