Guild Achievements for raids

I have a question about the raid guild achievements. I run the older raids with my guild every wednesday for achievements and for fun. With the guild achievements having been implemented, it gives us a new thing to go for. However, I don't quite understand something.

With 5-mans, it's 4/5 minimum (until the patch) for a guild group. 10-mans require 80% to be guildies (8/10 people). 40-mans require 25% to be guildies (10/40, or 1 in 4). What I don't understand is 25-mans. At first, they said it requires 80% guildies (20/25 people), but a recent hotfix posted on the front page about Sunwell Guild Run, it said 75% had to be guildies, which would be 18.75/25 people. I tried posting this on the official forums, but it got lost in all the crying and "I quit" posts, so figured I might have an easier time of getting an answer on here.

Might be that for older raids the calculation % based since you don't need 25 people to clear sunwell.

So, if, say, you do it with 16 people, 75% of them, 12, need to be guild mates to get the achievement.

Just a guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan View Post
    Might be that for older raids the calculation % based since you don't need 25 people to clear sunwell.

So, if, say, you do it with 16 people, 75% of them, 12, need to be guild mates to get the achievement.

Just a guess.
    Doing the raids alone(thus meaning 100% of the people in the same guild) won't give you credit for the guild achievement, so I doubt this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by AlysonMeyer View Post
    Doing the raids alone(thus meaning 100% of the people in the same guild) won't give you credit for the guild achievement, so I doubt this is the case.
    Aaah, hmm. Well, then, further testing is required!

Deleted
    I guess there is a minimum ammount of people that you need to do it with in order to trigger the achievement?

I three manned Magtheridon and 4 manned SSC, TK, BT, SWP with some guildies the other week - so a full guild group and got nothing :P (not that we set out for the achievements, Maggy gives 120g per head with 3 people and the other raids 80g per person per boss so it was a cash run more than anything else).

I'm pretty sure it's always been 75%
    75% of 5 is 3.75, so you need 4.
    75% of 10 is 7.5, so you need 8.
    75% of 25 is 18.75, so you need 19.

40-man raids were original 75% as well, but they changed it because its stupid to require 30 people in a level 60 raid considering you don't bring more than 25 to more current raids. I believe they changed it to 40%, which is 16 people.

A blue post mentioned something about 80% instead of 75, but I believe they were just pointing out that the actual requirement is 80% because that's what it gets rounded to. It still follows the some "model" of 75%.

We did AQ40 with only 13 people, so I am going to assume you only need 10 in a 40-man raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran Sunwell with my guild 2 weeks ago (We got the Legendary bow!!). We only did it with 10 people and we got the guild achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah we did BT with 10 and got the achiev.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Ok. Hopefully it will be 10 people. I plan to do Sunwell in 2 weeks

It's simple:

5 man: 4/5
    10 man: 8/10
    25 man: 20/25
    40 man: 8/40

I think it's ok except the 25 man older dungeons. The game is now designed to be equal for both 10 and 25 man guilds but old 25 man raid achievements from BC/WotlK are not obtainable to most 10 man guilds because they have such a high requirement. Who needs 20 people to clear Black Temple?

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly this is so that Guilds should be able to GET the achievements at all!

The new content is for 10 or 25 people. All raids available in both formats. So to not lock all the 10 player Guilds out of the old world raid achievements, they made sure the requirements were something any 10 player Guild could handle!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldschakal View Post
    fix'ed for you =)
    That can't be right. Look at this hotfix they made this week:

The achievement Sunwell Plateau Guild Run now requires a guild group to complete. This achievement can no longer be completed without the requirement of having 75% of the raid be guild members.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ontest-Winners