Need advice for headphones.

Hello.

Yesterday, my headphones stopped working... again. I have checked everything at my computer and its not a setting I've enabled, it's something wrong in the headphones.
    Its my 4th pair of these headphones called Gamecom Plantronics and all of them except for one (which I sat on ^^) have breaked this way. I'm really careful for my headset so this doesnt happen but it happened anyways. Also, it just stopped in the middle of an sentence. Now I need new ones, and I'd like some advices. These one I have cost around 400 SEK, which is around 60 dollars or 44 euros. I'd like it around that price, not too expensive. So if you got any suggestions or tips, please tell me.
    Also, if it helps, I live in Sweden, so I don't wanna order anything from US, so not a super rare hesdset.

Link to my current broken headset: http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...ts/gamecom-777

Thanks in advance,
    /Knegoff
    "Death is the solution to all problems" - Joseph Stalin

15+ Year Old Account
    I had tried Plantronics headsets before but they never lasted more than 6 months before they did what yours did...just die.

This is my suggestion:
    http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...-gaming_502141

It's costly but it it the best headset I have ever owned....and the longest lasting headset I have ever owned. Well built and VERY comfortable!
    Sennheiser makes professional headphones (so you know the headset is going to sound great).

You can probably find it at Amazon in your country. I know of Amazon.de in Germany but not sure about Sweden.
    Last edited by Vmaster; 2011-01-20 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Nietzsche
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Astro A40's. You can find them on eBay usually for cheap.

I've had mine...2-3 years now and they're still alive and kickin'
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Vmaster View Post
    I had tried Plantronics headsets before but they never lasted more than 6 months before they did what yours did...just die.

This is my suggestion:

It's costly but it it the best headset I have ever owned....and the longest lasting headset I have ever owned. Well built and VERY comfortable!
    Sennheiser makes professional headphones (so you know the headset is going to sound great).

You can probably find it at Amazon in your country. I know of Amazon.de in Germany but not sure about Sweden.
    Please listen to this man. Getting a headset from a company that deals in audio, vs. one that deals in a broad range or products, is the best thing you can do. You may think your current headset sounds fine, but until you have a real high quality one, you won't know what you're missing.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

This is my suggestion:

Amazon doesn't exist in Sweden.
    As far as the headset you suggested, they're 1316 SEK, or 192 USD.
    Clearly above his budget.

I have a set of Siberia V2 (but black), and they're 50% above your budget. But they are awesome.
    If you can't stretch your budget further, I'll keep looking.

Just bought one, a MX-260 Headset. I dont know about the quality, not perfect, but it was so cheap and I'll get a new when I get a new computer, in 5-6 months. 100 SEK is really cheap for a headset. Thats 15 dollars or 11 euros. Tho, I will look a little closer at this when I'm getting me a real gaming computer and stuff
    "Death is the solution to all problems" - Joseph Stalin

I had two pairs of the ones the OP speaks of and ofc they both broke. I just recently picked up a pair of these http://steelseries.com/us/products/a...eelseries-5hv2

They are 10x more comfortable then the plantronics and way more durable.

Deleted
    For OP (or anyone else who think they can manage it):
    http://www.prisjakt.nu/kategori.php?k=147
    Select category, apply price range filter - and start looking.

This is my suggestion:

I agree. I use a PC 350 as well and it never ceases to amaze me. Greatest quality headset ever.

Thanks to Amalisa for this great Sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the Razer Carcharias and i love them

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Turtle Beach Ear Force X11. They are sold for Xbox 360, but also work wonderfully on the PC. I use them and love them.

I can also HIGHLY recommend the Astro A40 Audio System (with the Mixamp) if you want a total audio solution that will work on consoles and PC. My only caveats with it is there are some with construction and sound quality issues scattered about amongst users. My pair from late 2009 broke at a screw that holds the part that slides up and down to adjust to your head, but I managed a temporary fix with some rubber cement and a screwdriver. Either than that, my pair have some excellent sound quality, albeit the bass is a slight bit lacking, but the recently released 2011 update to the Astro A40 headset supposedly rectifies the lack of bass. I will likely be ordering the 2011 Astro A40 package soon as it also includes the updated Mixamp from late 2010. For a slightly cheaper solution, Astro also has the A30 Audio System that comes with their new A30 "on-the-ear" (the A40 headset is full circumaural, or "over-the-ear") headset and the Mixamp from the A40 system for about $90 less.

I've also tried the Sennheiser PC-350 headset, excellent sound quality and built like a goddamn tank. I had to sell them because they were too small for my head and squeezed against my ears.

The Razer Carcharias is a great entry-level headset (at only $80). Decent bass level, the construction is OK (the wire-thin parts that adjust at the headband look shaky), and it's got a good braided cord that doesn't tangle in knots. Great if you're on a budget. I've also heard mixed opinions on Razer's Megalodon headset, but I don't know how well sound quality could translate over a USB connection compared to traditional 3.5mm audio jacks or an optical audio connection.

Sorry to necro this thread, but do you need a dedicated sound card to really take advantage of high end headset?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you never need to travel with your headset (to a LAN for example), then I would consider a USB desktop microphone with its own ADC and common USB Audio interface and the analog stereo headphones of your choice. I currently use such a set-up. It both costs less than "premium" headsets and sounds better. There are simply no headsets I would use in the confines of my home over a pair of Grado SR60is.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Sorry to necro this thread, but do you need a dedicated sound card to really take advantage of high end headset?
    For a high end headset, yes. ASUS have some nice sound cards with the Xonar series.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-01-22 at 05:42 AM.

I'm pretty intrigued by the PC 350 headset, however newegg no longer carries them it seems. Is there another good site to buy? I have a pretty normal sized head I think...lol, but I've read a few comments about it being to small on people and no place around here has one for me to try on.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Astro A40's. You can find them on eBay usually for cheap.

I've had mine...2-3 years now and they're still alive and kickin'
    This, a million times this. Bought mine fresh, full package mixamp and all, MLG edition, god they're so gooood. Most comfortable headphones you wiill EVER find, sound quality is amazing.

Also you can't beat them in terms of customization. With the billions of cables they give you to mix and match you can use these headphones with almost anything. Also mic quality is superb and is detachable

If you have the $ to drop, and want quality, durability, and comfort, i would recommend nothing else.