Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Well, some of the elves the naga saved are on the Horde now. One of them (Rommath) is one of the blood elves' racial leaders, even.

That said, I'd rather naga be neutral. They're too cool of a race to be boxed in IMO.
    ^
    agree

I believe they should be neutral, as the Naga despise both the Alliance and Horde, and at a certain point, I think they hate the Alliance more simply because their undying hatred towards the Night Elves and them being surface walkers, rather than sharing the same fate as them. But in the end, I believe they should be neutral, as it stand, they despise both races, and would rather be allies of Convenience.

Like during the end of the questline the faction that is neutral then splits down the center, half spouting that even though the horde is barbaric, they also have the blood elves, which they could set up there and actually fix that place to be apart of the known world. While the other half go to the Draenai, as they are far more forgiving than the Night Elves and add that site to the known world, thus fixing these two zones for flying and post cataclysm them.

I'm praying for them to give a vast and cool background for this race. Something better than worgen possibly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    what about the fins and the females' extra arms and whatnot? And how will they mount? For that matter, what will they mount? And what about rogues and monks? those have kicking spells - the monks have entire animation sets just for them, in fact. How's all that gonna be done without legs?
    I'm starting to feel tired responding to the same arguments against naga...

Night elf and blood elf eyebrows pop through metal helmets. So can naga fins.
    So female nagas could have 2 arms, big deal.
    Side-saddle or coiled in on the mount.
    Everything. And as racial mount a snap dragon. Or a turtle. Or a chariot. Or a giant magical flying seashell. Or Ghostcrawler. Or they can not have a racial mount.
    What about rogues and monks? Naga won't be monks, so that's not a problem, it just doesn't fit their lore, they don't seek balance and I can imagine it being hard to windwalk underwater or be a beer master underwater... for obvious reasons. As for rogues, I can only think of kick as an ability. How about the naga spins hitting the mob with its tail instead? Done, that was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Just a thought, and believe me, I hate myself for this as much as I really should and I don't actually think this is a good idea.

Okay, so we got playable Worgen as somewhat of an asspull, the humans of the Kingdom of Gilneas.

We know that the Highborne Night Elves who sailed across the sea and were shipwrecked were given enslavement as Naga in exchange for not drowning.

And we know the Kingdom of Kul Tiras is... missing. And adrift. And Naval focused.

The Cataclysm broke Kul Tiras free, Kul Tiras drifted closer to the Maelstrom, perhaps even submerged. In a final plea for life, the humans of Kul Tiras accepted the offer to be transformed into Naga (Perhaps a slight variant?). They realize their mistake, rebel, and join the Alliance as a race of broken, tragic heroes.
    And then we'd have another race that transforms from human to naga instead of worgen? No. One was enough. I never understood why worgen don't remain full worgen for good in first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Well, with Kaelthas dead, presumably, the Naga go back to being servants of the Old Gods/ Azshara.

My point was that despite their willingness, the Horde might not want them.

Unless you write it up that, following the Siege of Ogrimmar, the Horde is desperate for soldiers so they're willing to accept the Naga, there's no reason for them to let them in. The Alliance on the other hand, could accept the Naga through the Night Elf faction, as soldiers of the Ancients who got transformed along with Azshara's Highborne.
    Yes! Someone gets it! Or they could be naga born after the War of the Ancients that didn't agree with their parents's choices and decided that maybe those old kaldorei weren't so bad, they'd be like non-brainwashed naga, and they'd join the night elves/blood elves based on how far they stand from the naga mindset, blood elves being closer in their use of magic, night elves less close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    And then we'd have another race that transforms from human to naga instead of worgen? No. One was enough. I never understood why worgen don't remain full worgen for good in first place.
    My thought was full-time. A race of permanently mutated ex-Tirisians.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    oh, ok then sure, it might work somehow.

ITT; people can't differentiate from aesthetic choices and game mechanics. So what if they are legless and have extra arms and, doesn't mean they need too have unique slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then they would be alliance only. No thanks. Id rather have my chance with full blood naga, not another bastarized race solely given to the alliance to increase population, cause they "look cool and beastly."

Naga should be neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus9001 View Post
    If they do as horrid a job of giving Naga a 'decent world representation' (much less story and backing quests) as they did Worgen (outside of the starting area and the few quests in Duskwood...) I don't see this panning out well.

It might happen.. but I honestly would have to prepare spam blockers for the incoming jokes.. such as..
    Naga stole my bike!
    Where my Nagas at?
    Naga With Attitude. (NWA)
    Naga World Order (nWo)
    Do I.. R E A L L Y need to continue? <.<
    Please do.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    In that case I want Satyr for the Horde! Awwwe man just imagine Satyr's along side trolls and blood elves. So awesome..
    Yeah that'd be awesome alliance gets naga and you guis are happy with satyr. Winwin I say.

Quote Originally Posted by KinKarasu View Post
    Oh God! What is that?!

If Naga do become a playable race, don't 'Ragnaros' them up! Legs reallllly don't suit them.

As for boots, tail ring maybe? and for mounts, let them coil their tail. ^^ x
    Couldn't agree more. What's the point of playing naga if they don't have tails? The way they move is one of the coolest features about them imo.

I also don't really see the severity in the challenges implementing naga would present like most people seem to do. Plenty of solutions have already been thrown out here and elsewhere.
    I mean people are all like: They don't have feet how on earth are they ever going to mount???!!?
    and someone else is like: easy, sidesattle.
    so they go: huh, well ok but what about boots? Dude, they don't have feet!!
    and yeah so they get tail rings..sheesh

I really hope naga will be playable soon and if everybody keeps on pushing for them they will. So let's do just that.

Naga is probably the only race that actually deserves to be made playable.They have been in the game since before wow was even released.They are highly intelligent even more than some of the playable races(ex:trolls-they still cant even speak properly),they have their unique architecture(some playable races lack that),they have a capital city,they speak common language,they are not mindless creatures as they have shown to remember the past and all that has happened to them.
    If any race deserve a playable status that's Naga

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    Naga is probably the only race that actually deserves to be made playable.They have been in the game since before wow was even released.They are highly intelligent even more than some of the playable races(ex:trolls-they still cant even speak properly),they have their unique architecture(some playable races lack that),they have a capital city,they speak common language,they are not mindless creatures as they have shown to remember the past and all that has happened to them.
    If any race deserve a playable status that's Naga
    Actually, add Ogre to that as well. I agree with you but both should be playable.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Nagas belong in the slave pens and not on our character creation screen. Imo

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Nagas belong in the slave pens and not on our character creation screen. Imo
    And why do you say this if I might ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    And why do you say this if I might ask?
    Well part joke and part I dislike them in general. I made a thread long ago all about this topic but I generally dislike this race and high elves and think they should not be made playable races. But if they are make them alliance races and give the horde races that are actually cool and have an interesting story other than zomg we used to be night elves but they were dicks to us so we turned into different species.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Well part joke and part I dislike them in general. I made a thread long ago all about this topic but I generally dislike this race and high elves and think they should not be made playable races. But if they are make them alliance races and give the horde races that are actually cool and have an interesting story other than zomg we used to be night elves but they were dicks to us so we turned into different species.
    You don't quite understand the Naga lore do you? They didn't choose to turn into Naga, it was the only hope to survive.
    The Naga, in my opinion at least, have one of most interesting story if you choose to pay attention to it.

Just wanted to ask something the people that say naga hate night elves and would never be in alliance with them.
    I remember on the WC3 campaigns when Illidan was helping in the search of Tyrande that he used the Naga to explore the rivers.And Naga were the ones that found and saved her.
    I know that's not a reason for them to be in the Alliance, just wanted to ask how people explain that. It clearly shows to me that Naga are not so hostile and they can forget their hatred when their leader asks them to.Also Tyrande should be a little bit thankful to these Naga.
    I think that is a clear example of civilized Naga behavior and them being in either Horde or Alliance is not impossible. If they have a good and noble naga as their leader to command them they wont have any problems joining any faction.
    So what do you guys think is that a good example that naga don't hate nelves "that much".

10+ Year Old Account
    One question. I dont know if they have asked it yet but... How nagas are supposed to ride on mounts ? It would be hilarious to see. They dont have feet!

Oh and another one will they be able even to Jump ? :O

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    Just wanted to ask something the people that say naga hate night elves and would never be in alliance with them.
    I remember on the WC3 campaigns when Illidan was helping in the search of Tyrande that he used the Naga to explore the rivers.And Naga were the ones that found and saved her.
    I know that's not a reason for them to be in the Alliance, just wanted to ask how people explain that. It clearly shows to me that Naga are not so hostile and they can forget their hatred when their leader asks them to.Also Tyrande should be a little bit thankful to these Naga.
    I think that is a clear example of civilized Naga behavior and them being in either Horde or Alliance is not impossible. If they have a good and noble naga as their leader to command them they wont have any problems joining any faction.
    So what do you guys think is that a good example that naga don't hate nelves "that much".
    Naga just helped Illidan thats all. They had no sympathy for Tyrande. Remember Lady Varj? She was leader of Naga, and she was lower Rank compared to Illidan. They thought Illidan was Leader. So Naga obeyed to Illidan. And they hate Night Elves very much! If you just caught that singe tiny moment of WC3 Campaign, how you managed to not notice whole Night elven starting Campaign? When Maiev followed Illidan? "Wretched woman", "we will kill everyone who will oppose us" "Death to the land walkers" Etc. ? How Varj explained that they once were Night Elves and how much hatred they felt to night elves. ITS because of Night elves (they think so) that they look like snakes.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    One question. I dont know if they have asked it yet but... How nagas are supposed to ride on mounts ? It would be hilarious to see. They dont have feet!
    They address that a bunch in the first couple of pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh God !! Why? Sidesaddle . Really ? Thats so dumb. How do anyone imagine Sidesaddle on Flying mounts espacially on Dragons?

And to Coil to sit on mount :Facepalm: Not it would ruin whole class honestly. Thats very weak "solution" for nagas to sit on mounts. Come on!

I saw gears too they look quite awesome but what about Boots wont they be visible ? Thats bat because sometimes Boots ruin whole Transmog set or Perfectly suit in them, so Nagas wont have this Disadvantage/Advantage. How the Head piece will go on them especially females they have enormous Fin (?) around them like lion mane. Cant imagine head piece on them.

Deleted
    Naga just helped Illidan thats all. They had no sympathy for Tyrande. Remember Lady Varj? She was leader of Naga, and she was lower Rank compared to Illidan. They thought Illidan was Leader. So Naga obeyed to Illidan. And they hate Night Elves very much! If you just caught that singe tiny moment of WC3 Campaign, how you managed to not notice whole Night elven starting Campaign? When Maiev followed Illidan? "Wretched woman", "we will kill everyone who will oppose us" "Death to the land walkers" Etc. ? How Varj explained that they once were Night Elves and how much hatred they felt to night elves. ITS because of Night elves (they think so) that they look like snakes.
    Again, while this is true for naga that were born before the War of the Ancients and those indoctrinated, I doubt all new naga were indoctrinated.

Do you remember the quest on the goblin starting area (the island they crash-land on) where you're sent to kidnap naga babies? And there's countless numbers of them! Now imagine that after the War of the Ancients, how many loyal Highbourne to Azshara were there left? The rebels were already in the capital. A few thousands? Sure. A million loyal subjects to Azshara? I doubt that a million could fit in her palace and on the walls of it. So most of the rest of the naga were born after. They never experienced the War of the Ancients. They are like north koreans, teached from children to love the supreme leader and to hate the landwalkers. Yet I doubt all believe what they're told. In the end, many did visit the land, so they might have seen south kore... I mean the land, it's not that bad and the races on it are just trying to survive too. There could be rebel factions around there, in the end, was not Vashj and her naga a rebel faction? They left their queen to follow Illidan. Even the naga underwater loyal to Azhara make it clear they were disappointed with her choice during the battlemaiden questline.
    What if there's more rebel forces, only some fighting to overthrow their dictator? To whom would they go, if not those that their dictator claimed to be their most hated enemies. And who are their most hated enemies according to Azshara? Night elves.
    But now, you might say, why would night elves accept them? For the same reason they accepted erredar to join the Alliance. Oh wait, those weren't erredar, they were draenei, good "erredar". And night elves accepted them. So what's stopping them from accepting a faction of good naga? (good is a relative term, they won't be as good as draenei, I hope not at least, but they won't be those guys trying to end the world, so, as such, won't be evil).

Oh God !! Why? Sidesaddle . Really ? Thats so dumb. How do anyone imagine Sidesaddle on Flying mounts espacially on Dragons?

And to Coil to sit on mount :Facepalm: Not it would ruin whole class honestly. Thats very weak "solution" for nagas to sit on mounts. Come on!

I saw gears too they look quite awesome but what about Boots wont they be visible ? Thats bat because sometimes Boots ruin whole Transmog set or Perfectly suit in them, so Nagas wont have this Disadvantage/Advantage. How the Head piece will go on them especially females they have enormous Fin (?) around them like lion mane. Cant imagine head piece on them.
    What's wrong with side-saddle? Also, there's some pictures around with a naga on a chopper, looks good.

Also, trolls don't wear footwear and draenei and tauren wearonly the upper part, like an ankle-warmer. Naga get tail rings or nothing, no big deal.
    Night elf and blood elf eyebrows go through most helmets, as well as their ears, so what's so different with the naga finns? Maybe they can make the mane be bent back a bit so to say, as they did with draenei forhead compared to erredar. Not a big deal, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, while this is true for naga that were born before the War of the Ancients and those indoctrinated, I doubt all new naga were indoctrinated.

Do you remember the quest on the goblin starting area (the island they crash-land on) where you're sent to kidnap naga babies? And there's countless numbers of them! Now imagine that after the War of the Ancients, how many loyal Highbourne to Azshara were there left? The rebels were already in the capital. A few thousands? Sure. A million loyal subjects to Azshara? I doubt that a million could fit in her palace and on the walls of it. So most of the rest of the naga were born after. They never experienced the War of the Ancients. They are like north koreans, teached from children to love the supreme leader and to hate the landwalkers. Yet I doubt all believe what they're told. In the end, many did visit the land, so they might have seen south kore... I mean the land, it's not that bad and the races on it are just trying to survive too. There could be rebel factions around there, in the end, was not Vashj and her naga a rebel faction? They left their queen to follow Illidan. Even the naga underwater loyal to Azhara make it clear they were disappointed with her choice during the battlemaiden questline.
    What if there's more rebel forces, only some fighting to overthrow their dictator? To whom would they go, if not those that their dictator claimed to be their most hated enemies. And who are their most hated enemies according to Azshara? Night elves.
    But now, you might say, why would night elves accept them? For the same reason they accepted erredar to join the Alliance. Oh wait, those weren't erredar, they were draenei, good "erredar". And night elves accepted them. So what's stopping them from accepting a faction of good naga? (good is a relative term, they won't be as good as draenei, I hope not at least, but they won't be those guys trying to end the world, so, as such, won't be evil).
    This my friend is mostly speculation. But, Yes I agree that there might be a rebellion Nagas somewhere underwater. Yes Lady Varshj was Rebel faction, but it was different they joined Illidan because they had chance to take revenge on Land walkers especially Night Elves. And they got their pleasure in Slaughtering Night elves with help of Illidan. Later, its just my guessing and pure speculation, but I think that Varshj had her sympathy to Illidan (not love or this like shit just person to person). She called him "Master" she saw good plan Illidan had so they followed him. They might got tired of not being doing nothing for more that 10 000 years. And I confess that they didnt benefit from Illidans alliance they just followed him blindly. But they hate all land walkers. Even with blood elves they didnt got along, they went in separate ways later.

No Night Elves wont accept them, because they know how traitors they are because Nagas once where Night elves. Accepting Draeneis in Alliance is different. They might are called "erredar" but they are completely different. They are not Demons to start form that. They have completely different physiology compared to Demons. They look different they are different race. Its like to call Night elves Blood elves or Night elves Naga, or All three of them Trolls because they where ancestors of Night elves. Draenei have nothing in common with demons. Naga are just naga all same, if small group of naga rebel to Azshara it doesnt makes them good and redeemed to Night Elves or oter Alliance races.

What's wrong with side-saddle? Also, there's some pictures around with a naga on a chopper, looks good.

Also, trolls don't wear footwear and draenei and tauren wearonly the upper part, like an ankle-warmer. Naga get tail rings or nothing, no big deal.
    Night elf and blood elf eyebrows go through most helmets, as well as their ears, so what's so different with the naga finns? Maybe they can make the mane be bent back a bit so to say, as they did with draenei forhead compared to erredar. Not a big deal, really.
    Whats wrong with sidesaddle ? Everything. How they gonna sit on Sidesaddle ? can you imagine sidesaddle on some Mounts like Klaxxi scorpion or blood elven Hawkstrider and all same model mounts? Imo its crap idea.

All other races at least wear upper part of Boots. Boots are visible on them, but no boots will be visible on Naga.