Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    Maybe the Naga that join the Alliance/Horde are actually night elves that were fighting against Azshara trapped in the explosion.They turned into naga to survive but they may still retain their night elven thinking.There are infinite possibilities for a story about them joining either faction.After all their lore is so rich that Blizzard can always find a way to make it work without big twists.
    That would be another absurd retcon with nothing supporting it. It would be a remarkably large twist. Not saying it hasn't been done before but such things instantly turn the lore to crap and that's been happening far too often. They need to move away from it and work on making new things, not destroying the past with ridiculous retcons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    That would be another absurd retcon with nothing supporting it. It would be a remarkably large twist. Not saying it hasn't been done before but such things instantly turn the lore to crap and that's been happening far too often. They need to move away from it and work on making new things, not destroying the past with ridiculous retcons.
    Ok, explain why this one would be a retcon? In the end, if they stood there and fought Azshara but were too ashamed to come out, we couldn't have known of them. This is how I see it, I'm curious of how you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    retcon = retroactive continuity = changing something in the story's past in order to do something else in the present.

that's not a retcon. it wouldn't change anything in the past. it's just a story development you don't agree with. the highborn were turned into naga in order to survive, and nothing ever stated it couldn't happen again with more night elves.

though personally I'd rather have playable naga who had been naga for generations. they would have been betrayed by azshara and left to die (like the death knights of acherus), and after that they decide to make an alliance of convenience with the horde/alliance/both in order to survive (like the forsaken and the blood elves). it wouldn't be something new, but it would be something we already know it works.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember the giant two plots of water right next to the Gates of Stormwind where the shaman trainer used to be?

I can see a little Naga hub right there, with the trainers having their 'training dens' under the water, while the vendors are selling goods on the row leading back up to the land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekobe140 View Post
    Remember the giant two plots of water right next to the Gates of Stormwind where the shaman trainer used to be?

I can see a little Naga hub right there, with the trainers having their 'training dens' under the water, while the vendors are selling goods on the row leading back up to the land.
    Yeah, that will be really cool

But BTW now that we know that Garrosh will be no more warcheaf, you should think of another plot to meet the Horde...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah, that will be really cool

But BTW now that we know that Garrosh will be no more warcheaf, you should think of another plot to meet the Horde...
    Well I already thought of how they could join the Alliance and said so, as for the Horde...

Seeing how different the night elves are from how they used to be, some of the rebel naga have a culture shock. And as such, they go to the blood elves. To convince them they're good naga and they're on their side, they tell a story of how opressed and alone they are and how they know of great magical power hiden in Azshara's domain that they'd be willing to give the blood elves. I'm sure the blood elves will fall for that.
    Or a group of them gets captured by Forsaken to experiment upon, but they manage to talk to Sylvannas and convince her some naga on her side are worth more then testing her poisons, in the end there's plenty of evil naga, but they're the only ones willing to join the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Because pandaren fit in perfectly in Stormwind, right? And blood elves in Orgrimmar.
    Those have feet if nothing else. What do naga have.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Those have feet if nothing else. What do naga have.
    They have tails even better !!! Such unique model will surely attract people to play them ,not all but enough.
    Never understood how some people like to play a fantasy game as a simple "human", for me its enough to be human IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Ok, explain why this one would be a retcon? In the end, if they stood there and fought Azshara but were too ashamed to come out, we couldn't have known of them. This is how I see it, I'm curious of how you see it.
    because it was clearly stated, over and over, that the Naga are Azshara's supporters and Highborne, that Azshara in desperation called out to the Old God's (voices she heard as she was drowning) and SHE accepted a bargain of the curse in exchange to save her life and the lives of her followers, which were Highborne and NOT Kal'dorei.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    retcon = retroactive continuity = changing something in the story's past in order to do something else in the present.

that's not a retcon. it wouldn't change anything in the past. it's just a story development you don't agree with. the highborn were turned into naga in order to survive, and nothing ever stated it couldn't happen again with more night elves.
    The idea was that these were "night elves transformed during the sundering". so yes, it is a retcon...

They have tails even better !!! Such unique model will surely attract people to play them ,not all but enough.
    Never understood how some people like to play a fantasy game as a simple "human", for me its enough to be human IRL.
    I never play humans. I was more focusing on the part "how the hell will they wear armor piece called feet"

I never play humans. I was more focusing on the part "how the hell will they wear armor piece called feet"
    Once again look at my avatar picture,it's naga in armor.If that is what I'll see on playable naga I'd be more than satisfied.

Once again look at my avatar picture,it's naga in armor.If that is what I'll see on playable naga I'd be more than satisfied.
    You still dont get it, let me highlight the word you should be focusing on:

FEET

10+ Year Old Account

FEET
    Trolls? Tauren? Draenei? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Trolls? Tauren? Draenei? ...
    They still wear them at ankles, naga? Where you want to put them, on their heads? Sorry that slot is occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    The biggest problem would be how to handle mount animations and gear. The naga have no legs so that pretty much removes 2 gear slots. And do you just prevent those players from using nearly every mount in the game? How's a naga gonna mount a horse? Or a wyvern?

Let them have pants and for naga just nil the graphic representation. They will just look like they aren't wearing any, like using a relic. Or give them a 3rd relic spot in place of the pants. As far as mounts, my answer is a chariot. You can hook those suckers to anything.

"naga please"

:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a very cool concept, I like it.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account

FEET

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I still dont see him wearing feet armor.

I agree that they should at some point be playable as well as the Ethereal. The 2 legs thing can easily be fixed, have their racial passive increase their move speed at all times by like 8% and by lets say 20% when not in combat with an animation that will have them go from a tail to 2 legs and vice versa. Also if people don't like this they could easily add something in explaining that they have always had this ability but never found a use for it always being so close to water and they joined one of the factions causing them to spend large amounts of time on land allowing them to benefit from the legs.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2012-11-02 at 06:47 PM.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Naga should be a neutral race, since it could go either way. Some may wish to re-join the night elves, while others prefer the company of blood elves. There could be a mid-point between night elf and naga to deal with the bi-pedal problem, but I wouldn't mind them being serpents, either.