Poll: Do you approve of world first kills being shown on the front page?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you approve of world first kills being shown on the front page?

I often see people complain that they come here for the patch notes and analysis and that they're not particularly interested in world first kills. Personally I find world first kills interesting and check mmo-champion for them as much as I do for game changes. However I'd like to get more people's opinions on this, perhaps it could contribute to the discussion.

I don't think Boubouille has any intention to change the current system, so sorry if this discussion is off limits or in the wrong subforum. I did a brief search and couldn't find any topics of a similar nature.

Edit: Please post why you have abstained if you do so.

Double edit: grammar.
    Last edited by gamerunknown; 2011-12-20 at 10:44 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy seeing them. There really is no reason for people wanting them to be taken down. For them just don't read it and scroll down.

I approve, especially now that it seems we're past the days of ensidia exploiting everything they can find to get there.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

This is a news site for WoW, so not reporting world firsts would be the equivalent of national newspapers not reporting an earthquake that kills a few thousand people.

Imo.

It's relevant to the game and the website caters for all wowplayers. It's like saying do you agree with the mmoreport being poster after/before the comics when that happens?

Most world firsts? Not interested. World firsts of the last bosses, or the "Big bosses" {M'uru, Twin emps, C'thun, LK, Anub, OS3d, Earth Wind and Fire, et cetra} are very interesting to see, especially what kinda numbers people are running in raids, and what comps the worlds firsts are. I don't really think this takes any time away from other releases boub would have, so I don't really see a problem with it.

Deleted
    M'uru was a dungeon boss :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    M'uru was a dungeon boss :P
    Uhh, he was the last boss before Kil'Jaeden in Sunwell.

Deleted
    this is why i shouldnt come on MMO-Champ when im tired, i get things wrong

Personally, I like seeing the world first kills. But, it is annoying seeing new content patches come out, and then the main page spammed with world first kills. I honestly don't care who killed the first bosses of a raid. All I care about is who got the final boss down first.

It's news. This is a WoW news website.

The end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not against reporting that some guild got world first on some raid or boss, but the thing that pisses me off though is the announcement of a guild being the first to kill EVERY BOSS. As far as im concerned it doesnt matter if you killed the boss first, as long as you still have the rest of the raid to do, you dont't need your guild being posted on the front page with the roster of who the hell was there, and what you did to finish the encounter.

Mmo-champ has as of late started to go into alot of detail that isnt necessary to be posted completely on the front page, just open up a new sub post and let people who are interested in it look it up further.

It actually makes me feel bad a bit whenever i see somthing like this on the front page because i know i have other obligations IRL to deal with that prevent me from doing hardcore raiding.

It makes some people like myself think "theres the guild who sits so mighty high on the pedestal because they had the time to waste on a game while I have to make sure my assignments are turned in on friday, and have to help my mom get the dishwasher to the dump, and help with every other chore in the house because no one else in the house fucking does anything to help out in any way. and have to make sure my comp isnt infected because my uncle clicks on random shit he shouldn't and now i have to do a system restore"

TL;DR it makes people feel bad because they don't have the time to waste to do hardcore raiding. good for them they did it first, keep it small though and not over-exaggerate how great they are for doing it.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

like the majority of people above me: mmo-champ is a WoW news site.

news is news, weather you want to hear it or not

personally i like to see which guild is the first in the world to down what boss on heroic.

They're reporting it for every hard mode boss only (and the first for normal mode end-bosses, i.e. the whole raid which is what you wanted). Each hard mode boss is very challenging and as such deserves to be up there, especially since it is a pretty close race.

15+ Year Old Account
    it's hard work scrolling past all that nonsense. i mean there's like what, 13 bosses so far and the heroic modes? that's more than 25 things i'll need to scroll past to find out what new minipets have been found! and the worst part...

the worst part is...

after all almost-30 boss kills have been announced, it will be like 3 months later that there will be another dozen bosses put in the game and killed. you know what that means? one sixth of a gross of posts about new boss kills.

this is why i signed my kid up for a bean bag league where the last place team gets bigger trophies than the first place team. that league that doesn't even keep score is for pansies. i mean come on! he's almost 14 and the chess club was too violent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I approve of seeing world firsts on the front page, its an amazing feat and deserves attention.
    Signatures are overrated.

First kills are news. People do in fact care about this stuff. That's what makes it so prestigious. If you don't believe people care, go make a thread about any one of the top guilds, and see how many pages it gets.

Beyond that, it doesn't much matter if you approve of it or not. MMO champion puts it there, if you don't like it too bad.

Seeing world first kills makes my epeen deflate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    TL;DR it makes people feel bad because they don't have the time to waste to do hardcore raiding. good for them they did it first, keep it small though and not over-exaggerate how great they are for doing it.
    If you think it's a waste, it wouldn't make you feel bad. And if you wish it HAD been you, then you don't see it as a waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like being up to date on world first kills, which classes/specs were brought etc. Also loot tables and sometimes even strat videos are posted to help