Poll: Do you approve of world first kills being shown on the front page?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care about world firsts, but I'm not going to cry a river if Boub posts world first news.

This is a wow news website
    world first is wow news
    world first finds its self on the news website

everything here seems in order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    This is a news site for WoW, so not reporting world firsts would be the equivalent of national newspapers not reporting an earthquake that kills a few thousand people.

Imo.
    This is exactly what I had intended to say. If you're not interested in all the news, it is very easy to hit 'Page Down' and viola! no more world first kill in front of your eyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    This is a news site for WoW, so not reporting world firsts would be the equivalent of national newspapers not reporting an earthquake that kills a few thousand people.
    this completely.

I like it, gives me some faith that i'm not the most nerdy person in the world.

I don't like reading about world firsts, but I can put my arrogance aside enough to realize that many people do, therefore I approve of it

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    It actually makes me feel bad a bit whenever i see somthing like this on the front page because i know i have other obligations IRL to deal with that prevent me from doing hardcore raiding.

It makes some people like myself think "theres the guild who sits so mighty high on the pedestal because they had the time to waste on a game while I have to make sure my assignments are turned in on friday, and have to help my mom get the dishwasher to the dump, and help with every other chore in the house because no one else in the house fucking does anything to help out in any way. and have to make sure my comp isnt infected because my uncle clicks on random shit he shouldn't and now i have to do a system restore"

TL;DR it makes people feel bad because they don't have the time to waste to do hardcore raiding. good for them they did it first, keep it small though and not over-exaggerate how great they are for doing it.
    Sounds like someone is jelly.

Really though, just because YOU don't like to read it because it makes you feel inferior doesn't mean that OTHER people don't like to read it.

This is mmo-champion, not "Lothaeryn's Personal News Page". They are going to put the biggest news stories here for people to read, and whether you like it or not, the World First Kill of the first Heroic-Only end boss of the first raid tier of the new expansion is the biggest story. No one is making you read it, so if you don't want to, scroll down!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy seeing it, though I frequent ManaFlask and Paragon's website, it allows me to see when another guild has managed to beat one of those three.

I don't really care about it. I hardly pay attention to them anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    for the most part I don't mind the world first kills being on the front page. sure, it shows that they have put enough time/effort to do it, and did it well enough that they were the first ones to kill it, but week after week and time after time of seeing "Paragon killed XXXXX WORLD FIRST!!!!" can get annoying because of people who are stuck in the mindset that "oh if they killed it then WE CAN TOO!!" and on my server....yeah...that ain't gonna happen... so sure, it's a great way to see how they're doing and raid comp and what not, but when others read that and think "world first is down now everyone else can kill it too" it just gets kinda annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really care about World Firsts. Usually I just say 'Good for them' and go back to my casual reading of patches, Rhonin bashing and random nutcases.
    -Insert flashy and awesome Photoshop signature of my WoW character here-

I don't mind them being posted on the front page, nor would I mind if they were moved to a sub-category.
    All I do is be amazed by those DPS meters, and remark how I'm nowhere near that high. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubine View Post
    Sounds like someone is jelly.

Really though, just because YOU don't like to read it because it makes you feel inferior doesn't mean that OTHER people don't like to read it.

This is mmo-champion, not "Lothaeryn's Personal News Page". They are going to put the biggest news stories here for people to read, and whether you like it or not, the World First Kill of the first Heroic-Only end boss of the first raid tier of the new expansion is the biggest story. No one is making you read it, so if you don't want to, scroll down!
    At least i have the guts to admit that i have a small bit of jealousy, scrub.

I never said it shouldn't be posted at all, read my previous post more thoroughly. I said that i dont mind seeing it on the front page, i just don't like it being over hyped when a guild downs one boss that isn't the final boss of the dungeon.

I applaud paragon for being able to down Sinestra, THAT IS a great feat, but i don't wanna hear about some guild who downed regular magmar first and whatnot, and having to scroll half of a webpage down to see patch notes.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Its a wow news website and discussion forum.

Patch notes are news. First kills are news. Both are interesting to me, one directly, one irrelevant to me largely but I'd still like to know about it.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...world firsts are news.

This is a WoW news website, essentially. Of course it belongs on the front page.

I applaud paragon for being able to down Sinestra, THAT IS a great feat, but i don't wanna hear about some guild who downed regular magmar first and whatnot, and having to scroll half of a webpage down to see patch notes.
    Why should others have to pay for your lazyness??? seriously...
    I mean, next thing you know you will be asking people why they use the toilet when they could use a diaper, so they don't have to walk to the bathroom...
    Last edited by Notrollz; 2011-01-21 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    It's the biggest news ever written!

Ok, currently it's the 21th most replied news ever.

Just look at it: in less than 24 hours the post already had 17,960 views and 675 comments. That's just insane
    Last edited by mmocb7fc6c1c73; 2011-01-21 at 09:39 AM.

I come here for news about World of Warcraft, and that is exactly what that is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    M'uru was a dungeon boss :P
    That was Murmur...

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not against reporting that some guild got world first on some raid or boss, but the thing that pisses me off though is the announcement of a guild being the first to kill EVERY BOSS. As far as im concerned it doesnt matter if you killed the boss first, as long as you still have the rest of the raid to do, you dont't need your guild being posted on the front page with the roster of who the hell was there, and what you did to finish the encounter.

Mmo-champ has as of late started to go into alot of detail that isnt necessary to be posted completely on the front page, just open up a new sub post and let people who are interested in it look it up further.

It actually makes me feel bad a bit whenever i see somthing like this on the front page because i know i have other obligations IRL to deal with that prevent me from doing hardcore raiding.

It makes some people like myself think "theres the guild who sits so mighty high on the pedestal because they had the time to waste on a game while I have to make sure my assignments are turned in on friday, and have to help my mom get the dishwasher to the dump, and help with every other chore in the house because no one else in the house fucking does anything to help out in any way. and have to make sure my comp isnt infected because my uncle clicks on random shit he shouldn't and now i have to do a system restore"

TL;DR it makes people feel bad because they don't have the time to waste to do hardcore raiding. good for them they did it first, keep it small though and not over-exaggerate how great they are for doing it.
    You oké little buddy? Why can't you just be happy for them? Really what is the difference between seeing 1 post or several about their kills?
    If you feel bad that you don't dedicate your whole live to a game, then you're just plain stupid...? "WOOHOO I GOT WORLD FIRST!!1one!!11! Ye... and now?"
    Also it's not over-exaggerated how great they are, because they are just great with a couple of other guilds, and shitfaced jealous people like you are the ones who fuck up this game. You think you are "so great" when you can't see the real pro's, but can't stand the fact that you really are a worthless person. Seeing your shitty gems and gear you have, you aren't even a serious gamer, so please don't QQ about some posts that are irrelevant to you anyway.

A couple of reasons why it should be posted:
    - Interesting for a lot of people who do care about raiding.
    - You can get some knowledge out of their kills, as they oftenly post video's with them.

Excuse me for my frustration, but I think you're a bit mentally challanged if you don't even get close to this guys and still feel bad for yourself.

The people who really should feel shit and jealous are the other top guilds, they put alot of effort in it, and then failing to get world first would probably suck balls.... Not some random retard scrub that puts a strength-stamina gem in a PvE belt.

Infraction given; please calm down and don't flame.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-01-21 at 04:52 PM.