Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    A .000001% increase would be a .022 DPs increase. Racials are worth many times this. Time is Money is worth something like 80 DPS last I looked. Troll is worth over 100. Over 3600 times better than you're implying.

Is it minor? Yes. Do people care? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    A .000001% increase would be a .022 DPs increase. Racials are worth many times this. Time is Money is worth something like 80 DPS last I looked. Troll is worth over 100. Over 3600 times better than you're implying.

Is it minor? Yes. Do people care? Yes.
    We're talking the difference between the best and not the best... so using your numbers the number we care about is 100 - 80 = 20dps...

Considering I did 19K in 10man BH, lets use that as a basis for working out the effectiveness of choosing the 'better' race. 20/19000 = 0.001053...

Was I eggagerating slightly? Yes, does it matter in the grand scheme of things? no... assuming 5 DPS doign 15K + 8K tank dps, your raid dps in a 10man is something along the lines of 90k... wow that 20 DPS increase from goblin to troll really made or broke the encounter... see my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    Flip a coin, both are awesome races....just dont go belf or tauren. (tauren spriests....look weird...and belf cause...well...they're elves.)
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    Was I eggagerating slightly? Yes, does it matter in the grand scheme of things? no... assuming 5 DPS doign 15K + 8K tank dps, your raid dps in a 10man is something along the lines of 90k... wow that 20 DPS increase from goblin to troll really made or broke the encounter... see my point.
    And people still care. A lot. Questioning it is just pretentious. There's no question of which is better: Troll. Trying to turn the argument around to say that it's pointless is a worthwhile discussion, but a completely different discussion. For the intent of this one you're making the same argument as one might make for whether or not to use an Int/Mastery gem. The DPS difference is completely trivial. You will never actually see that DPS difference reflected in game (assuming it doesn't put you over a breakpoint by doing Haste instead). Would you argue that you should do that as well? You'll argue that a gem choice has no cosmetic benefit and race does though. That assumes that cosmetic benefits matter and again is another discussion entirely.

The question is: What is the best race for Shadow?
    The answer is: Troll.

How far ahead Troll is doesn't matter, only that Troll is in fact ahead. In fact Troll is one of the few races where the racials do actually impact the game. Berserking actually supplies enough haste that your rotation is altered while it's up. It's one of the best racials in game for this reason.

For pve, Troll, pvp Goblin, end of conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    And people still care. A lot. Questioning it is just pretentious. There's no question of which is better: Troll. Trying to turn the argument around to say that it's pointless is a worthwhile discussion, but a completely different discussion. For the intent of this one you're making the same argument as one might make for whether or not to use an Int/Mastery gem. The DPS difference is completely trivial. You will never actually see that DPS difference reflected in game (assuming it doesn't put you over a breakpoint by doing Haste instead). Would you argue that you should do that as well? You'll argue that a gem choice has no cosmetic benefit and race does though. That assumes that cosmetic benefits matter and again is another discussion entirely.

The question is: What is the best race for Shadow?
    The answer is: Troll.

How far ahead Troll is doesn't matter, only that Troll is in fact ahead. In fact Troll is one of the few races where the racials do actually impact the game. Berserking actually supplies enough haste that your rotation is altered while it's up. It's one of the best racials in game for this reason.
    It is pointless... 20 dps in a 90K raid dps context is meaningless. It doesn't make or break anything... 20 dps over a 10min time frame is 12K damage, something your raid dps will do in about 0.13 seconds.

My point (if you bothered to read it) is unless you're in some cutting edge guild the difference in performance is so infentesimal that arguing one is better than the other is beyond counter productive. It's plain stupid... if you ever read blue posts about the design intent sorrounding races is that they want you to choose a race you want to play. The racials are perks, and any varying in power of those perks is soooo off the scale of what matters as to fall into insignificance.

Like most things pepole spend waaaaaay too much energy on shit that is meaningless and this is exactly one of those things. Play whatever race you like, you'll be able to perform at a level that will clear all normal and heroic content without making a difference to your chances of success.

For the record, if there is a 20dps difference between berskering & time is money, how about the DPS gain of rocket or rocket jump during movement phases? Just convienently forget them? Perhaps the spriest community should race change to troll every time they plan on doing an encounter involving beasts? Seriously this entire discussion is retarded and if you're too proud to admit that's the case then you really need to seek help.

Don't forget Rocket Jump. I use it in quite a few pve situations. It's not a game changer or anything, I suppose, but it's something to consider if you're on the fence. You can throw yourself back to the platform or out of a tornado on Al'Akir, get quickly to a gravity well or tornado on Ascendant Council, or any number of little things that can minimize your run time when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    My point (if you bothered to read it) is unless you're in some cutting edge guild the difference in performance is so infentesimal that arguing one is better than the other is beyond counter productive.
    Oh I read it. You want to derail the thread and talk about if selecting race based on performance gains is logical. If you had bothered to read mine, I agreed that that was a valid point, but should not be used to take over a thread. So instead of answering the question with the proper response of 'Troll' you instead decided to troll the thread trying to change the subject to a philosophical discussion.

As far as Rocket Jump? The likelihood of it actually increasing your DPS is rather low. You spend a GCD to use it and it is not fast enough to save you more than a small portion of a single cast. However, because you now have an instant that is worth casting during movement unless you need to move a rather long distance Rocket Jump has the potential to actually cost you DPS. You would in fact have made a better argument if you were to use Rocket Barrage during movement instead in most cases. Oh and the 20 DPS difference is purely assuming no cooldown stacking. The difference is much higher if it is timed properly. It's similar to Blood Fury in this manner as those are the only two racials that are worth more, or less depending on other cooldowns. If you're timing Berserking with AA in particular the gap widens.

Sorry, but a lot of people don't care about what race they play. They only care about what the race they play can do.