Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shadow Priest Stealthed yess?

Hey,
    I started my priest back in early 2010, i was happy with shadowform but even more with dispersion...BUT i quickly noticed it had a cool effect.
    You have the possiblity to become invisible, and by that i mean your whole character. I first noticed when i was just messing around with dispersion, mounting, entering and leaving shadowform, don't ask me how i did it, but suddenly my priest wasn't there any more, at first i was like, did i zoom in? so i zoomed out but nothing happened.I didn't know what to do, i wanted to alt-f4 the game and restart it, but i dismounted first and there was my priest again.

Now... 1 year later i leveled my priest to 85, and i was thinking if the bug was still there...so i tried and it was still there. I was leveling in Sholazar Basin at the moment when i asked random players if they had free minute just to test if i was also invisible for them, strange enough, i was. They couldn't see my character, the only thing they could see was my name tag, but that was because they had targeted me. After that i decided to post a how-to-become-a-stealted-shadow-priest-video on youtube.

How you become invisible:
    -have to be in shadowform.
    -enter dispersion.
    -while in dispersion, get on your mount.
    -after mounting, EXIT shadowform.
    -then dispersion fades and you're invisible.

i also would wanna know...how many of you priest players know about this "stealth ability"?

Greetings,
    Betterbeliever

EDIT: Bravehéart posted my video, thanks for that
    Last edited by mmoc3ca5f57876; 2011-01-28 at 03:18 PM.

Are you really stealthed?
    Do other people see you i.e. members of the opposite faction?
    Or is it just your screen cause that happens to me once in a while, but i've always thought
    it was just my screen..
    Nice finding ^^
    Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    Real Life is just an illusion caused by lack of WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgabear View Post
    Are you really stealthed?
    Do other people see you i.e. members of the opposite faction?
    Or is it just your screen cause that happens to me once in a while, but i've always thought
    it was just my screen..
    Nice finding ^^
    yup, but i have no idea if it looks the same for the horde, but i assume it does

I don't think i've ever seen a post about this here before.. But ill just say that this is pretty old. Still alot of fun though messing around with it.
    If you time your shadowform right, you can go invis with your mount still showing (which is just way better to do).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Õrpheus and another well known shadow priest that had a video on WCM both covered this quite a while back ^^ One even was doing world PvP with it and it was pretty amusing.
    i was already assuming some of you knew about it, but i never did any research whatsoever.

---------- Post added 2011-01-21 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HawynLegend View Post
    I don't think i've ever seen a post about this here before.. But ill just say that this is pretty old. Still alot of fun though messing around with it.
    If you time your shadowform right, you can go invis with your mount still showing (which is just way better to do).
    Bravehéart posted my vid, because i wasnt able to do so. If you watch the video you can i see was in stealth while mounted.

If you use a mount with passenger seat, the person on the passenger seat becomes invisible aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviante View Post
    If you use a mount with passenger seat, the person on the passenger seat becomes invisible aswell.
    haha seriously? Thats awesome, only got one 2 passanger mount and that's the Touring rocket...sadly it's on my warrior

This is an old bug. Used to be easier to do back when dispersion didn't cause you to dismount. While it might make you less visible from a great distance, it is not the same as stealth -- your character name/tag is still visible to either faction and targetable by it.

This bug has been around since Wrath. No, it does not Stealth you, it just makes your model invisible to anyone within 100 yards of you. You can still see your name plates and name. Anyone out of your line of sight that comes within line of sight of you will see you normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

15+ Year Old Account
    i just tested it out. everyone can still see me though. i guess its just on my screen that i appear invisi?

10+ Year Old Account
    QUICK, Delete this thread! Once Blizz finds out then it'll be fixed before we even get our PvP fixes D:
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

They STILL havent fixed this? Hasnt this been around since... ya know since FOREVER.

---------- Post added 2011-01-21 at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    i just tested it out. everyone can still see me though. i guess its just on my screen that i appear invisi?
    Only party/group/raid members can not see you.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Yeah, I'm shocked this hasn't been hotfixed. The disp/invis bug is as old as sin.
    and punishment could be a 3 day ban if you are reported.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    If you damage someone does it break the invisibility?
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    If you damage someone does it break the invisibility?
    no. but you are mounted and outa shadowform. all you can do really is run around. yes, no one can click on your person, but they can tab target you.
    and as zito confirmed "Only party/group/raid members can not see you. "
    Last edited by hellar; 2011-01-22 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OHHHHH, you have to remain mounted. Meh, not as cool as I thought...
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Lol i knew this forever,and it was only fun for like 10 mins