Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    Explain which part? why Haste is going to jump out? increased HP generation along with extra damage from mastery since there will be more TV and CS....why crit and mastery are fighting for the position now? thats just my opinion, I may be totally wrong about that so....yeah
    Possibly. was just interested in your POV.

According to PTR reports HP generation is now even slower. I would expect Mastery to become the go-to stat, perhaps juggling some Haste following by Crit. A shorter CS > TV may be nice, but is Haste really going to make a massive difference unless you have shit loads?

With Inq likely to affect Mastery sure Mastery will be the way to go.

Either way, I think more PTR changes are in store, so goal posts may move again.

Isn't it nice to be speculating about stats rather than "STRENGTH" "STRENGTH" "STRENGHT"!!
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut View Post
    "and haste is just going to jump out as the stat to have. followed by either crit or mastery"

Explain? Because of the Mastery (more CS more Mastery procs)?
    Mastery wont proc anymore, Its a flat % increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut View Post
    Possibly. was just interested in your POV.

According to PTR reports HP generation is now even slower. I would expect Mastery to become the go-to stat, perhaps juggling some Haste following by Crit. A shorter CS > TV may be nice, but is Haste really going to make a massive difference unless you have shit loads?

With Inq likely to affect Mastery sure Mastery will be the way to go.

Either way, I think more PTR changes are in store, so goal posts may move again.

Isn't it nice to be speculating about stats rather than "STRENGTH" "STRENGTH" "STRENGHT"!!
    I'm already sitting at roughly a 3.4s CS, though I have no mastery so it should be interesting to see how it works out once I regear myself for the next patch
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    Heroic Halfus, Bubble and Sac on the tank during Shouts and LoH on the other tank
    Chimeron Holy Radiance and LoH on the tank during Fueds
    Neferian Holy Radiance After a...whatever the thing neferian does every 10%
    Holy Radiance during Ultimates on Conclave would be nice too....so yeah thats called being a good player
    Yeah that's cool, but when healer is doing 10-15k hps, your pathetic Holy Radiance will do little good, and that gcd you used had to be used to deliver damage (that's what DD classes are for, last time I checked).
    Delivering LoH to tank/off-tank - you don't have hpallies in your raid to do it? Then you might be doing something wrong.
    Everything you described is ok, it's either hpally's role (which is a more than common sight in raids), or is of ridiculously little help to the raid and must be used for delivering damage. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Libranius View Post
    Yeah that's cool, but when healer is doing 10-15k hps, your pathetic Holy Radiance will do little good, and that gcd you used had to be used to deliver damage (that's what DD classes are for, last time I checked).
    Delivering LoH to tank/off-tank - you don't have hpallies in your raid to do it? Then you might be doing something wrong.
    Everything you described is ok, it's either hpally's role (which is a more than common sight in raids), or is of ridiculously little help to the raid and must be used for delivering damage. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    It's called being in a Hardmode Raiding guild, and actually because of how mana intensive the extra healing from Holy Radiance is Helpful, and yeah we have 3 Holy pallies...but guess what theres a Fued every minute.....so lets see...oh yeah Lay on hands CD is longer then 3 minutes....and using holy radiance whiling running into a clump...hmmm not really losing DPS but helping to keep the raid alive

Honestly theres more then just DPS for a Damage Dealer, theres also Survivability

Honestly I think at this point your just trolling
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Quote Originally Posted by Libranius View Post
    Ummm...yeah, no. Ever done even 25m Chimaeron? Having every single DPS use their AOE heal (holy radiance, healing rain, tranquility, etc.) goes a HUGE way to keeping the raid alive during Fued, aka the "stack and pray" phase. It also helps your healers conserve mana, which keeps you alive longer, which helps you do more damage in the long run. 700 healing per person per second, times 25 raiders, times 17 dps, is a LOT of healing done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk View Post
    Retri paladin on world first heroic Cho'gall. Maybe Paragon simply don't have any good retri paladins. I'm doing perfectly fine.
    So " doing perfectly fine" is like what in a raid of 10 man top 3? if you got like 2 mages and 2 warloc with same gear level in same raid you will be the 5º in dps or will be in the top 4?

---------- Post added 2011-01-21 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asteh View Post
    Huh? I haven't noticed this at all. Besides, why would there be a lack of shamans? They are fine, if you don't count elemental. Haven't seen many rets around though. (I play a shaman, had to change my elemental off spec to enhance though :P)
    He was saying that there wasn't any Shaman in the set up of paragon last kill.
    Last edited by mmoca7621c8c43; 2011-01-21 at 06:03 PM.

Stop the misinformation. following the patch, haste will be the WORST stat for rets. It is impossible (read as, not possible, also known as can not happen) to get a 3 second CS cooldown without procs/BL. Thus, it is worthless. the stat order is (until the CS/expertise issue is ironed out) hit (cap) >exp (cap) > mastery > crit > haste.

As to rets being useful in small groups. Of course we are, we can off heal, but so are druids and shammys. We can off tank, but so can druids and dks and warriors. The difference? All of those have a viable dps spec that is not limited because they provide some kind of "utility" (not talking ele here, that has problems as well, but shammys have enhance). When you hit raids though, these abilities go away. Yes we can LoH the tank occasionally, yes we can bubble random people (only physical damage is negated). Other class bring other utility in raids, but still pull viable dps. Ret is in a bad spot, and the patch doesn't fix it (it actually makes the rotation terribly boring and slow) and with the recent CS change, might actually manage to make us worse off on many fights, and ruin us in PvP (much more than we are now).
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

spam divine storm...that's all you should have to use its so OP

I as a ret pally in full pvp gear (except two trinkets to make me hit capped) Pulled 11k+ in BH. 4th in dps or so for my group. I mean we aren't uber right now but we are getting patched and I can already pull enough dps to get by. If you are having trouble yourself it is probably due to poor rotation/gems....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidd06 View Post
    spam divine storm...that's all you should have to use its so OP
    Troll, plz ignore any budding rets out there

BC wasnt even that bad bud...at least we had an on use dmg ability by that point...in vanilla you either had to spec into reckoning or wait for seal of command to proc...

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I still play my paladin and I don't plan on stopping, I've been playing Ret since the start of Bc and if you think that we are bad now you really have no idea.

Blizz does know Ret needs buffs and if you look at the patch notes for 4.0.6 you can see that. But even if Ret isnt a top dps spec it can still do pretty well if the person playing it knows what they are doing and isnt just hitting buttons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher91 View Post
    I as a ret pally in full pvp gear (except two trinkets to make me hit capped) Pulled 11k+ in BH. 4th in dps or so for my group. I mean we aren't uber right now but we are getting patched and I can already pull enough dps to get by. If you are having trouble yourself it is probably due to poor rotation/gems....etc.

Troll, plz ignore any budding rets out there
    Mate sorry to tell you that I in full PVE Gear not the best gear did get 13k dps as Ret Pala in this case was BH 25 still managed top 10 in the last spot so I was the 10º position in 25 raid but when I am giving 13k the mages and warloc's, hunters, warriors where giving like 17k damage so if 11k dps is good for you, for me just would like to pass at least 15k but hell why not 17k or more.