Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a few people suggested EVE and that you're doing the free trial right now. One thing you should know: don't get discouraged by how small-time you're going to be. It's going to take you a few months for your guy to get the skills necessary to really become an industrialist. Also, don't be that guy who just spends all day mining veldspar in his Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by HarTstaRx View Post
    Did you guys mentioned these ones?:

Realm Explorer
    Forge Quest

Due to the forum rules I am not allowed to post links but they have a web and a kickstarter project as well

I think the first one has the idea mentioned above but needs IMO a lot to polish
    Thanks. I had already found Forge Quest, but I haven't heard of Realm Explorer yet. Too bad they aren't playable yet. Oh well, we will how they do in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    I really haven't played the latest Anno (2070 is the newest) but, from what I heard all the Anno games are pretty much the same just different time periods I myself played 1501 or Dawn of Discovery.
    Screenies you linked come from 1404
    I have played all those games, and I think 1404 was the best. It brought most innovations comparing to previous games. 2070 is quite similar to 1404 when it comes to playstyle. There are some additional features, but in overall game doesn't seem so complex as 1404. Ubisoft claims that there are 3 playable factions in 2070, but they forgot to add that you really choose between 2 factions, and third one is mandatory, plus it has only 2 tiers
    The other 2 factions have 4 tiers, but they aren't that much different, mostly just different consumer goods. AND you play using 1 of those until you reach the last tier, when you can start buildiong second faction. So for most of the game you play using 1.5 faction

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Sandbox games off the top of my head...

The only ones I really know of that are stand-alone products and not map editors are Minecraft (which I only really find fun with unlimited resources on a private server with friends) Zoo tycoon, roller coaster tycoon (both of which are quite old at this point) and Spore, specifically the Galactic Adventures expansion. Spore itself allows you to make creatures, buildings, vehicles, and whatnot, while the expansion pack allows you to make missions with goals you pick using the things you've created as NPCs and props and whatnot.
    I must say that Spore was biggest let down. Actually I felt cheated after playing it. The game was supposed to be a simulation of evolution, of creating new species, creating its civilization and taking it through all the stages to the stars. A mix of settlers, civilization and master of orion. And what did they produce? 5 mini games of pacman complexity with added creature editor, catered to 7 yo kids...
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    I have been looking for few years for crafting games and survival games. I found exactly the same games like you, but I can add some more titles (not only MMO):

zombie survival + crafting
    Project Zomboid (it's in alpha, but for few days it's pretty cool)

Dead Linger (it was well founded on kickstarter in October should be ready first build, but keep looking for it, cause developers are going to create really huge fully craftable world)

Dead State (the same as with Dead Linger, but more into classic RPG)

Crafting games

Unreal World - it's single player game with a loooot of crafting, I suggest it for few days at least. It's being developed for 20 years! Though it looks extremely old.

Neo Scavenger - it's in beta build, but it looks really cool. Play Demo, full version is rather the same (with minor exceptions). It's apocalyptic hex survival games with tones of crafting, but likely more crafting features will be added later.

Minecraft - HOWEVER not alone, I also find it boring, cause it's too easy to craft. However crafting becomes more interesting when the goal is to build factories and complicated machines... but no... not without mods of course! Try 3 mods: Industrial Craft, Build Craft and (not a must) Rail Craft.

Other

TD + RPG + crafting

Planet Explorer - it's not working with my two computers, so I haven't tried it yet, but it looks good. I suggest you could try this: it's in 0.01 build and it's for free (for time being). There is a looot of crafting as you must build towers from materials (not sure how and how much crafting it provides)

Stronghold + crafting
    Castle story - underdevelopment, but soon there should be some pre-alpha. This sandbox game will be based on building castle. Some more freedom and crafting possibilities should be included in next builds.

The rest games you know. Please mention if you found sth new.

As for building games I would suggest Knights and Merchants. I simply love this game, it's old, but great for long hours . If you would be interested in survival games I can suggest you more (like DayZ).

Thanks for those titles. I know some, but many are new to me.

However I have trouble finding this "Planet explorer", and google is not producing any meaningful results. Can you provide some link?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

Mortal Online
    A first person MMO with Ultima Online aspects with tons of crafting.

Give it a go it might be for you.

I did try it some time ago.
    With constant crashes, lack of tutorial, empty world I gave up.

I didn't even leave starting area, and haven't managed to kill a single rabbit, because I didn't know how. And having to restart game after crash every 5-10 minutes didn't seem fun.

I might try it again, if they fixed those issues.

Mortal Online was pretty fucking horrible and I heard they didn't fix much. Also the graphics are very very offputting (not really outdated, just BAD you know, cheap textures and so on). I will still give it a chance and take the trial to see how it is now.

----

Found this Dwarf Fortress clone today called Gnomoria (which can be counted as a Sandbox), it's not online but still. Currently in alpha but there's a demo:
    http://gnomoria.com/?page_id=110
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-07-09 at 10:57 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I will still give it a chance and take the trial to see how it is now.
    You should wait until after the expansion, it should be out by this month, it adds 64bit client, new trading system, new areas and improves on a lot of stuff.
    After this expansion it's basically what it should have been at release if they didn't have to rush it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    You should wait until after the expansion, it should be out by this month, it adds 64bit client, new trading system, new areas and improves on a lot of stuff.
    After this expansion it's basically what it should have been at release if they didn't have to rush it.
    Well I still tried, and I quite like it. The only thing that really bothers me (since im a bit of a gfx whore nowadays) is that armor textures/models are a bit cheap and that melee animations (except first person ones) are pretty terrible. Otherwise quite cool.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Honestly im incredible bad at building games, but they are one of my games.2 weeks ago, i started out playing Tropico 4, and i pretty much liked it, haven't played it so much these days, only because i got both Anno 1404, and Anno 2070, these games are simply incredible. Everyone who loves city building/management games, just got to play the Anno series. I will be trying out Tropico 4 some more, but now im busy with Anno. I have also recently been playing Settlers 2 10th anniversary, because the old ones were one of my favorite games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Servion View Post
    Honestly im incredible bad at building games, but they are one of my games.2 weeks ago, i started out playing Tropico 4, and i pretty much liked it, haven't played it so much these days, only because i got both Anno 1404, and Anno 2070, these games are simply incredible. Everyone who loves city building/management games, just got to play the Anno series. I will be trying out Tropico 4 some more, but now im busy with Anno. I have also recently been playing Settlers 2 10th anniversary, because the old ones were one of my favorite games.

I been interested in these games, But in the last few year ive got very lazy when it comes to learning complicated game, and these seems a little complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    I been interested in these games, But in the last few year ive got very lazy when it comes to learning complicated game, and these seems a little complicated.
    Like i stated before, im not good at these games, but im enjoying that alot. The learning curve in Anno, is actually not that hard, the first missions basically helps you create a small city and management, getting to know what to do, and how to do it. Anno 2070 starts out pretty complicated, but if you already had tried out Anno 1404, you would get to know the game pretty fast. If i should be honest, i think you should give Anno 1404 a chance and try it out, its an excellent game.

Deleted
    Actually I just registered account here and I can't post links =/. If you can't find Planet Explorer than simply google 'Planet Explorers game download' second page should be with download option.

I found also Industry Giant 2. It's buliding game like Anno, or better: like Capitalism. I love building all that railway tracks, but economy system is pretty cool too. Of course it's not crafting game, but playing IG 2 I feel like I was playing crafting game.

i've been following this thread as soon as it came out. I too am looking for that "crafting" style game.
    sadly many here do not understand the question. MMORPG are not crafting games.

There was one (very old) game called Kingdom for Kelflings which is a pure crafting - find mats, and build. Played that forever.
    Minecraft(as mentioned numerous times) is a good one - but it is limited. But wont go into detail here - as it has been covered.

Terraria is not a MC clone or anything like it. I am still not sure why they keep comparing to that. I played it heavily and as mentioned, it focuses on combat not crafting - Terraria is more comparable to King Arthur's Gold than MC.

You might want to switch and look into indie games. One of the most recent 100% crafting = SCUBA[FREE] armorgames.com/play/12198/scuba (or rustycraft.sytes.com/mc_clones/scuba)
    stranded on a planet, you dig for mats to build an engine to repair your ship. I thought it would be a simple matter to just make the mats needed for the engine, but not so.... give that a shot.

Towns is another indie game - similar to basic 1404. so try some indie games, that is where I am searching.. good starting point indiedb.com if you don't care about graphics.. there are some rather neat ones out there.

However, like you - I am still looking for the "one" game that does it.. i'll still track this thread... thanks for the good topic!!

I recently checked my email and realized people are still commenting on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Naumnaum View Post
    Hi, I was reading this thread and got a question, do you know if is possible to make a Physicochemical simulator for games, maybe with less elements, maybe 4 , with high interactions, think something like the positional crafting on minecraft, maybe 3D, and larger.
    Yes, its very possible if coded correctly. Both physics and Chemical. In fact I knew a guy who was making it. He did pretty good. But it lagged on his slow machine and so he gave up on the project. He never sent out demos to anyone. So it never got off the ground. Sad.

Also, I didn't see your post until now, sorry for the slow response.

Quote Originally Posted by jboadas View Post
    I also have some time looking for the game that you described. And nothing found!
    Unfortunately the perfect crafting/building/sandbox game doesnt exist yet.
    I totally agree. But I also have been watching a few people make some indie projects that are working on this very topic we are all here looking for. I'll keep you all posted.

Quote Originally Posted by BahamutOmega View Post
    Since no one has mentioned it yet. Second Life.
    This game has been mentioned by me earlier in this thread already. Its not what the OP and the rest of us are looking for. And sure you can try to make real world money at it, but its not like it used to be. That game has died in comparison to 2007 when I could bank 400 USD a month. Now I only see the old timers in there who have already established themselves that they themselves are slowly leaving because you cannot make money in it as much as you used too. Plus, its not a crafting game. Its a design game. HUGE difference. Your not dealing with resources, you have to write out scripts to get anything to work the way you want. Not the same at all.

I am also surprised no one has mentioned Shores of Hazeron yet. http://www.hazeron.com If it was mentioned, I must have missed your comment. It does everything we all want. But it is very... hmm... how would you put it... RAW.. Either way, it has a lot of good elements to it that I love in a game. It is an Indie game that has had its ups and downs, but still a good game.

Check out Rodina. http://www.elliptic-games.com It's similar in idea to Notch's game 0x10c. http://0x10c.com

Also for those interested, check out the Outerra Engine. It has a tech demo known as AnteWorld. But it looks promising as a 3D Procedural engine and you can go anywhere in the universe and land on any planet. Its competing against Infinity-Universe. So imagine this 3d engine being used for the Crafting Game that we all want. I am hoping to use this engine for my crafting game I am working on.

This video shows how the engine looked before the procedural grass was added.

Example Video of the procedural Grass in the Tech Demo :
    Last edited by TorakTu; 2012-07-26 at 01:12 PM.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackTDawson View Post
    Example Video of the procedural Grass in the Tech Demo :
    Um... wow? That is incredible.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Um... wow? That is incredible.
    Yea if your interested in trying out the Tech Demo yourself, go to outerra.com and you can download it. I have been supporting this project for a couple years now and its amazing the breakthroughs these guys have done with it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ox-quot-MMORPG

archeage,

ultima online - up to a point. not that much really,. but player housing is really nice.

I have just gotten key to Salem beta and after playing a few hours I must say I like it very much. It's very similar to Haven & Hearth, but more complex and with some modified mechanics.

If anyone wants to try, Ten Ton Hammer is currently giving keys out: http://www.tentonhammer.com/giveaways/salem/cbt
    They give 100 keys every day, so if it says that they are out of keys then it means they used all the keys for this day.
    New batch of keys comes around 12 (noon) EDT, right now it would be GMT - 4.
    Last edited by procne; 2012-08-29 at 07:17 AM.

Deleted

Thumbs up Games That you can try

Have you tried:
    Roblox
    Cubelands
    Manic Digger
    BlockLand
    LEGO digital Designer
    Terraria

Please React if these Are good
    if they don't
    i will Try to find(and post) Another games list