View Poll Results: Are heroics to hard for you?

Voters
91. This poll is closed
  • Yes

12 13.19%
  • No

79 86.81%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The facts are simple. Heroics are NOT difficult. Yes, at the start when gearing they can become tricky and require a bit more CC. However once decently geared (350+ personal opinion), Heroics take around 1hour, and thats as a feral tank with an entire pug group. The issuue isnt "Heroics are hard and take too long", its a simple case of "You need to learn to play your class". Fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    How about you fucking listen right fucking here. I'm sick of tired of it too, but you know what else I'm sick of even more? People like you, and people like you making these same fucking threads all of the god damn time. Can you please learn to shut the fuck up and keep your comments to yourself? You're such a fucking hypocrite, COMPLAINING ABOUT COMPLAINING.
    So beautiful words :,)

Deleted
    How about you fucking listen right fucking here. I'm sick of tired of it too, but you know what else I'm sick of even more? People like you, and people like you making these same fucking threads all of the god damn time. Can you please learn to shut the fuck up and keep your comments to yourself? You're such a fucking hypocrite, COMPLAINING ABOUT COMPLAINING.
    Someone got kicked out of 1 too many heroics, *hug*

Quote Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
    The facts are simple. Heroics are NOT difficult. Yes, at the start when gearing they can become tricky and require a bit more CC. However once decently geared (350+ personal opinion), Heroics take around 1hour, and thats as a feral tank with an entire pug group. The issuue isnt "Heroics are hard and take too long", its a simple case of "You need to learn to play your class". Fact.
    Sorry, but with 350 ilvl gear for everyone in the group and a heroic still takes you an hour? I think you are seriously doing something wrong, because at that ilvl, you shouldn't be CC-ing anything and just faceroll aoe-ing everything down, making the run take about 20-25 minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    Sorry, but with 350 ilvl gear for everyone in the group and a heroic still takes you an hour? I think you are seriously doing something wrong, because at that ilvl, you shouldn't be CC-ing anything and just faceroll aoe-ing everything down, making the run take about 20-25 minutes.
    My statement above was in a full pug group, i cant control what dps/healer i get, and from the start of Cataclysm, 1 hour for heroic that you only need 1 a day at a geared state is hardly anytime at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    Heroics are hard, that I know. What the problem is that they are annoying. The difficulty of heroics was mostly dropped at the feet of healers who were nerfed into oblivion. So while all the whiny dps complain about queues and then do their water cooler posts about how they are tired of people complaining about heroics the healers who are left just look at you and laugh and trudge through it with the guilds at best.

No other class suffered the heroic nerf that healing classes suffered. With runs stuffed full of BS gratuitous group damage, mobs that don't interrupt or cannot be faced, and generally any other dick move the developer could think of to damage a player if not all five of them at once why would any expect players to not like them, especially healers who bear the brunt of it.

Want proof, go get a level 70+ healer and the same class at 85. Take off their gear, then look at their mana costs for each spell. Here is why I shelved my Shaman. I will drag her out for the guild but like hell if I will do it for people I don't know.

Chain Heal (78) 2807-3201 healed for 771 mana. Chain Heal (85) 3459-3945 healed for 4404 mana (FORTY FOUR HUNDRED)

Earth shied 1894 healed for 733 mana, at 85 it is 2443 healed for 4183 mana

Greater Healing Wave 7777-8868 for 1158 mana, at 85 it is 9586-10933 for 6607 mana

Healing Surge 5834-6652 for 1042 mana where at 85 it is 7190-8200 for 5946 mana.

Get the hint? It sucks to level a character from 80 to 85 only to see at each level your ability to do your job goes down hill faster than a jet powered roller coaster. Remove the nerf from healers and you will see the majority of complaints go away. They are only hard because one player has had their class curb stomped. Meaning that they can no longer fix mistakes, something many healers play the game for - to help people, to fix things. Not being able to do what that they stop playing. Hence DPS queues sky rocket, tanks don't want to put up with it either.
    u wanna know the thing about roller coasters?

when u get to the bottom (fresh 85) it goes back up.... u need to read up on coefficients, and look at the primary stat difference on gear. stop being terrible, get some gear and figure it out.

Deleted
    They are fine difficulty wise, but my god they are too long for people who don't have at least 90mins to play.

Fuck much?

On topic: HCs aren't hard. They were hard when I first set foot in them, still fresh from normals, iLvl 329 (?). Now they are just... slightly challenging, the way they are supposed to be. You need to pay attention to what you are doing, but it's not rocket science. Just push key X for interrupt when the bost casts ability Y. Just use survivability CDs to help healer not go OOM. Just press the arrows so you can move from shit. Same science as ever. Only difference is we don't have healers capable of healing through everyone's mistakes... so when you make mistakes, it's more obvious it happened... because you died.

It's a L2P issue. Period.

yes... YESSS, LET THE HATE FLOW THROUGH YOU.

People are going to QQ until the end of WoW, whether its about the dungeons being too easy, or the dungeons being too hard.

Right now the heroics are pretty entertaining because you actually have to move around and pay attention to stuff during a boss. They aren't that difficult, but difficult enough for careless and uncoordinated groups to fail miserably. Once the third raiding tier goes live, heroics will be easy once more. Not necessarily Wrath easy, but easy if you have half a brain.

I felt like BC Heroics were harder though. Even after the expansion was out for a good 2/3 of a year or so.

edit: I think what makes the heroics hard right now is the group you are in. The groups experience, class knowledge, and coordination make it difficult to accomplish. In Cata there is no room for poor players making mistakes. You might get away with one bad player, but if you have more than one then the others had better be damn good.
    Last edited by SuperScrotum; 2011-01-21 at 10:45 PM.

As I responded on todays news..

The real problem that I've noticed is just a simple case of difficulty shift. Blizzard spent the end of BC + 2 years of Wotlk (the time periods most people started playing as well) making the game more casual based and simpler to play. In comes cataclysm and completely breaks the design of the last 2 1/2 years and throws it back to end vanilla/beginning TBC with no in between ramp up. Even instances like BRC and ToTT on reg are much more difficult than the ICC 5 mans on heroic. It will time a lottttttt of time for people to remap themselves and adjust. When you spent 2 1/2 years making the game easier then overnight revert back mentality 2 expansions you WILL have frustration as players have to relearn EVERYTHING and break habits.

Healers get hit especially hard as they had the most extreme revert though. Gear might make them much more manageable quickly but it doesn't change that the initial grind is tending to force healers to just gear/play DPS for less stress. The initial gear/jp grind isn't mindless heroics like people in 359+ gear experience now. When you're in an appropriate geared group, heroics can take 2 hours at times. 2 hours at a time of of pure stress will deter people quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Reading the title alone and no responses, I immediately thought about making a thread called "Sick and tired of people saying they're Sick and tired of Heroic complaints." but then I thought "But then someone might make a thread called "Sick and tired of people saying they're sick and tired of people saying they're sick and tired of heroics complaints." See where I'm going with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nycon View Post
    Reading the title alone and no responses, I immediately thought about making a thread called "Sick and tired of people saying they're Sick and tired of Heroic complaints." but then I thought "But then someone might make a thread called "Sick and tired of people saying they're sick and tired of people saying they're sick and tired of heroics complaints." See where I'm going with this?
    Your post helps the thread and is a very valuable asset to promote discussion.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    More difficult than say H UK? sure. As difficult as people are complaining about? No. Sure some of the fights are difficult, and a few tend to be a bit random and unfair at times, but definitely not difficult once you've done it a couple times. This is of course from a dps perspective, but i've healed a bit and although I found it a tad challenging, I chalk that up to the fact that I've geared more for my dps spec than heal spec. But doing the normal dungeons and now heroics, they are no where near complaint worthy. Long, sure. A bad HoO run can take 1hour plus. But yet again, at the beginning of Wrath that was the same thing for dungeons like Nexus, OK, or HoL. Has there been a increase in difficulty since Wrath, yes. But as long as you follow the basic "If something is on the ground move a way from it" "kill adds" "stand behind boss" you can pretty much beat every boss without even knowing the exact strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by hoonboof View Post
    Just hold that thought for when you see the same people (after getting their free previous tier raiding epics from the vendor) whining about having to carry blue geared 'scrubs' and tanks with only 140k hp, it's going to happen and we all know it.
    Oh how history repeats itself.